1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Top 10 moves.

Discussion in 'Lau' started by C1REX, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Certain low attacks have a very low posture such that some mid attacks will whiff against them during some frames of the execution.

Shun's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is a classic example but there are many others, each having this low posture window vary in timing and duration.

As another example, if your timing is right, you can use Lion or Aoi's sweep (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif) to duck under and beat a mid rising kick.

2. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

Yes this true, but /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif misses a lot of attacks that most mids (maybe even all of Lau's other mids) normally hit. It's something to keep in mind before totally falling in love with the move.

3. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

I've noticed that even against Lion's standard low punch Lau's 9p can miss. I'm not sure if it had something to do with consistency or not

4. KowtowRobinson

KowtowRobinson Well-Known Member

Not really, Lion is just consistently a bitch. =p

5. Happy_Friend

Yeah, Lion's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif has some weird properties. Maybe it's stance dependent since it doesn't always miss.

6. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Basically, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is just not consistent. I've had numerous occasions where I make the correct guess with the move, only to whiff and then get thrown afterwards instead. It's pretty ridiculous.

It's more reliable as an abare option to beat throw attempts than something to beat low attacks.

7. Happy_Friend

I don't know that I'd go that far. It does crush all low punches reliably except Lion's in my experience and that is nice. But yeah, it's clash beating property is pretty sweet.

8. Pai_Garu

The worst for me is when it completely misses Akira's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. Just looks soo awkward, and that Lau recovers standing while the opponent recovers crouching...

9. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Another situation where it's not consistent is against low rising attack, they should at least fix this one, low risng attacks are not especialy low posture moves.

10. Happy_Friend

Yeah, if there's any move it should crush, it's that one. Instead it magically goes through his head. Use /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif instead. Same for crushing low rising attack.

11. Pai_Garu

Exactly, this is why I had said before to avoid using /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif to beat low attacks in general, but instead use it against throw as it is one of the fastest moves in the game in terms of how fast it enters airborn state (even faster than /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif).