1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Trailers

Discussion in 'General' started by Ladon, Jul 6, 2011.

1. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

What do we all think? Shite or just bollocks?

2. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Well it beats the Keanu Reeves film, thats for sure..

3. GodEater

It should! Dude certainly looks the part. Parts seemed high budget and parts seemed less so. I Just wish they would do the Garth Ennis arc instead of whatever this seems to be.

Also: kind of sucks to see Lost Alumnus sneaking in there. bah.

4. Kobi

Kobi 'Noh' One Bronze Supporter

XBL:
    Waverusher Kobi
    Yes, this is an actual movie. Yes, you are reading this correctly. Yes, it is available on Netflix.

And, yes - it is a bit NSFW.

5. Optimus_Cack

Optimus_Cack Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SquareNinja
    i watched it awhile ago. it was actually a bit pretentious and ultimately pretty forgettable

ShinyBrentford likes this.
  6. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

The Trailer is a lie. It was really pretentious. Luckily they had hobo with a shotgun to wash out that trash out of my mouth.

7. Optimus_Cack

Optimus_Cack Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SquareNinja
    yeah, hobo with a shotgun is right behind deathproof as the best of the "grindhouse"-style productions within the last decade. you're immediately a cut above the rest when you have an actual character arch.

8. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Hey guys,
    Not sure if anyone has posted this here but we're working on a CGI short film called the message ad we released a teaser trailer for it a few weeks back. So far it's been featured on Gizmodo, Kotaku and The Awesomer. Please have a look if you get a chance.

If you like what you see, please don't hesitate to donate on Kickstarter as we need all the help we can get. For all those such as Plague, Cozby, Chanchai, WaverusherKobi and RaybladeX who already donated, THANK YOU! For all those that haven't yet, I would greatly appreciate it! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/826390253/the-message-0

9. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Also, if you can, tell a friend about it or post it on geek, anime, cgi or movie forums, groups or communities. Every little bit of helps us get one step closer to being funded. I've helped my friends and communities throughout my life and I continue to help people any opportunity I get. All I ask is for a little love from the community the ONE time I actually ask for it. When's the last time i've asked for handouts? Viruta Fighter is one of the key things that got me into visual effects and when I get the opportunity in the future, I'll be giving back to the community just like i've done thus far. VFers that have already met me KNOW how real I am about everything I do. That's it. Pz!

10. GodEater

sent to my peoples at Sony, Weta etc...

I'll be getting the donate thing going on soon, my man.

L_A likes this.
  11. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Thank you very much, GE. I really appreciate your help. I would never ask for help unless I needed it and I really want people to understand that the donation isn't for me. It's all going to the partially cover the cost of finishing the short. I'll still be paying plenty out of my own pocket. Here is another still frame from one of the shots in the short. This particular one I did 100% of the work myself. There are about 80,000 animated characters in the crowd simulation.
    [​IMG]

12. GodEater

anything that gets you finishing this, and back to making my VF1 Akira Model. :)

13. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

If enough of the VF community contributes, I'll make sure to add a fun easter egg maybe like Akira in the crowd or a VFDC logo on one of the buildings.

GodEater likes this.
  14. GodEater

Or like GE's very own, personal Akira Model. From VF1. GE's.

L_A likes this.
  15. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Teaser #2 for The Mesaage is up. Have a look!

16. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
  17. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
  18. Birthua

Birthua Active Member

PSN:
    ReivaxU
    XBL:
    Coin Op INC
  19. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
  20. nou

nou Well-Known Member

I still need to play Human Revolution. I've never played a Deus Ex game before, so HR will be the first. Some of the Wii U prices are nuts. I gotta get mine while some places have it for under $20.