1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

True Dragon Lance and crouch dashing from 2P side

Discussion in 'Akira' started by KIYOSHO, Nov 12, 2010.

1. KIYOSHO

KIYOSHO Member

Hi there, I'm having serious trouble with this. I can't seem to do the true dragon lance combo to the left or proper crouch dashing (for buffering before f+p, p / b, f+p). I have no problem at all doing them to the right (1P side). I'm using the Madcatz TE Fightstick.

2. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Just gotta practice, man.

3. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

Be patient, if you are new to the game, because it takes some time to master 2P side moves. Its a long term commitment, not a one month love affair.

4. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I can't do it either. Been playing for years now. I'm not really an Akira user though and has been said, practice makes perfect. Only thing i can suggest is going into dojo mode on the 2p side and attempting the move continuously.

5. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

practice makes perfect. don't input too fast or else you will lose accuracy. turn on the input display in Dojo, this will show you exactly what you are inputting. what are you doing to buffer your crouch dashes?

6. KIYOSHO

KIYOSHO Member

Thanks for the replies guys. I've done the true DLC once from the 2P side but for some reason, I can't do it consistently from the 1P side (stopped playing for like two weeks) so I'm back training with that now.

Sorry, I should've rephrased what I meant by having trouble crouch dashing. I don't have a problem crouch dashing but rather that I can't pull off a buffered crouch dash -> Double Palm. On the 1P side, I press df, df, b, f+p and I have no problem doing it consistenly but I struggle to do it from the 2P side. I can't crouch dash to the left very well so I press db, db when playing from the 2P side but then I have trouble getting in the b, f+p. The required movements just feels difficult to do with my wrist.

7. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

DLC will come with practice, I find it important to to hit [3][K]+[G] then [6][P] as quickly and as clean as possible then you'll have plenty of time for the rest of the input.

Doublepalm should come with practice too, if you're trying to input it as [1][1][4][6][P] then after you've done the [1][1] you can just roll the stick straight to back, if you're new to the stick this might take some practice.

8. adverse

adverse Active Member

I have the exact same problem as a new Akira user. : / I'm slowly getting better at 2P play, but it was hard for awhile.