1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Typical excuses for losing the match

Discussion in 'General' started by Unicorn, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    What are the typical exuces for losing a match?

Few typical for me:
    • That lag.
    • Online is online.
    • Onlinelity.
    • I do not even care anymore. Who cares? I do not.
    • I didn't press THIS move.
    • WHAT?
    Few typical for our local Tekken comunity who have the best excuses of them all ;) :
    • I swear you mash that win.
    • I swear I blocked it.
    • My phone just start ringing, I got distracted.
    • The sound is delayed and I am used to react on sounds.
    • You beat me only because you are so bad and I am used to play players that are actually good.
    • You won more but I won the last game so I am clearly better.
    • Maybe you beat me 10-6 but last week I beat Tony 10-2 and when you play him last year he beat you 10-3 so I am clearly better then you.
    • SHUT UP BACK THERE! We are trying to play here and WE can not concentrate because of you!
    And finnaly, some typical excuses for all players out there:

Please share our own (or your community) most perfect excuses for loosing :)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    MakiLeSushi, Kruza and Sozos like this.
  2. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    1.damn fucking lag
    2.WHAT???

Hahaha

3. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    Lag mostly and bad decisions you make when you know you had a person if you just punish with a guaranteed move you can do but decide to be lazy and do nothing (Especially it is obvious what they are doing from a mile away)

4. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Everyone's excuse: "Online is online" if they are playing online and get bopped.

If offline: "I wasn't even using my main"!, " One of my buttons were messed up "!, And if they're really desperate, " The monitor was lagging"!

Kruza and Sozos like this.
  5. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Hahaah true. Last time I played offline in mkx they had problems with their buttons, in usf4 excuse about monitor lag. That's how it is. To be honest I never said anything offline..and I wouldnt say anything but bad for me I guess... Next time when i lose I should excuse myself just like they do hahaha

EvenPit likes this.
  6. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    On official czech MKX tourney I complained about monitor lag after my 1st matches and everyone loled on me. Then they play and - what a surprise - complained as well because that Sony shit had like 120 ms response time ;)

But to be honest, some monitors arr weird. I still remember in Cannes, Marly had 'lagless monitor' where I was unable to punish -15 with throw without eating abare. Worked perfectly for him on other hand, so true WTF.

I mean, sometimes the monitors works bad for someone honestly but it quickly became funny if they lag only sometimes ;)

Tricky, Sozos and EvenPit like this.
  7. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    I blame the lag between my brain and my fingers.

8. Mold_Monkey93

Mold_Monkey93 Well-Known Member

The sound problem is actually true for DOA, as certain moves have distinct sounds to signify a move that looks similar to another. Since you are stuck in stagger and at times have no choice but to hold (Sabaki). So, if you are use to playing the game in ENG language, you may have trouble with this if it is on JP.Thus the eng will try to make similar sounding grunts to that of the original JP voices. There's also alot of moves that look like a certain attack area, but are totally different.

9. Jacko

Jacko Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JackoRCB
    Kamais_Ookin, Terracrush and Unicorn like this.
  10. RaishinX

RaishinX Active Member

had someone try to tell me that a CRT was lagging for him.

11. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    it is funny you mentioned the mics lagging the game because on PSN the last time i played there had a lag issue if you had too many mics running in a room on top of the riduculous lag PSN had too. rooms would go down and matches would DC faster than normal if there were too many mics running in that room.

PaulMartinKPG likes this.
  12. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

13. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    It certainly did no work perfectly for me. I dropped a combo that let you win the 2nd game of the match. In a perfect world I'd have killed you much faster. As it is, I don't think the result was really changed.

Monitors with very little to no lag can cause just as many drops as ones with lots of lag. It's an issue but at least it's consistent. Online lag is horrible because it can change. If you just press buttons without regard to your opponent that's great but if you actually try understand what your opponent is doing things like delays become important and it wrecks the game.

14. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    @MarlyJay I was not refering to tournament monitor nor matches at all man. As far as I remember, monitors on tourney where pretty OK.
    I was talking about monitors where friendlies on Sunday where played. There was one - I lived under impression it was brought by you - which severeal people including me found completely terrible and unplayable while most other where ok with it. It was supposed to be 'completely lagless' what may be the root cause of such differences in opinion.

BTW Marly I found your memory really impressive. You remember our 3 years old matches in more details that how much I can recall about my games from yesterday :D

15. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Yeah i remember that match like it was yesterday as i was PISSED when i dropped that combo and lost the match. I turned and looked at @Jide "Should i do it?" he was like, "yeah man, do it".

I don't think the monitor was mine, but as i said a monitor actually being lagless causes as many problems as a laggy one. If its different from what you're used to you'll drop stuff.

16. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Oh I am really sorry man you where pissed of due of our match :(

Anyway I agree monitors are - or can be - pretty individual when it comes to lag perception. As long as person is consistent with his issues I believe in him.Funny it become when he complain about same setup being laggy only on certain occasions :D

17. og23

og23 Well-Known Member

I try to avoid playing online mostly, but my excuses usually alternate between "I suck." Or "WHAT THE WHAT!?" When I've never seen something before. I get pretty salty, but I try to avoid excuses, at the end of the day, all of my losses are a result of a mistake I was making.

18. Seminasuke

Seminasuke Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Seminasuke
    The skimpy costumes distracted me.

[​IMG]

19. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

i usually find myself saying "That makes no sense" when stuff that actually shouldn't be happening does. Just typical online stuff... like someone successfully evading at -15 or something. It gets pretty annoying, but you just got to accept that online isnt a perfect world.
    and yeah, i blame online a lot, cause it sucks

20. cruzlink2

cruzlink2 Well-Known Member

Was playing Cmoney once and I cleanly blocked his sweep did one frame knee to punish... not only was he able to evade but he 46P me -_-....

Stl_Tim likes this.