1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Useless moves: e.g. What is Down (or up)and P+K

Discussion in 'Pai' started by ultrasinc, Dec 20, 2007.

1. LemmyIsTheGame

LemmyIsTheGame Well-Known Member

Re: Useless moves: e.g. What is Down (or up)and P+

No, for a start it's excellent against rise Kick abusers. Beginners always get up into the invincible somersault. It also wipes a couple of drinks from Shun if you manage to land it. There are NO useless moves, only people who don't know how to use them.

2. Duckguin

Duckguin Active Member

Oh man, I love /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. It's one of my favorite ways to start a match. I was fighting this Jacky player (forget the GT) and he was really aggressive. Just bashing out strings from the get go, pushing never stopping swinging. On the third round I started out with a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, landed it, and then he just kinda backed off for a while. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

It's great for the same sort of mind games you can pull on people with reversals (*cough* Lei Fei spammers *cough*). Some of the most satisfying moves I've done are reversals or something along that line where even without a headset you can just hear the opponent's play style say, "Ah crap. NOW WHAT...!?"

3. seven5suited

seven5suited Well-Known Member

I don't know how I did it, and I wish I was recording it, but I actually hit someone on a bounce off the floor with that move. I was having a 9-hour sparring session with my friend who plays Lion, and I knocked him down and accidentally did the move. My foot touched him right after the knockdown, and I bounced him. Has anyone ever used this after a knockdown? I'll try to recreate this in dojo.

Duckguin: You must be a crazy Pai to successfully use that move against Lei... I wouldn't have the cojones to try that.

4. Duckguin

Duckguin Active Member

Neither crazy nor good, just lucky sometimes and willing to do some risky moves just for the payoff of a successful hit. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

5. seven5suited

I have found (and correct me if I'm wrong) if you OM towards the forward foot of the opponent and go straight to /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif , it will make contact and flip them. I believe you must do the move in the opposite direction of the OM you just did, so her leg sticks out and touches the foot of the opponent. As I type this I think I may have it perfectly reversed. I'll go back into dojo after work and see. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

6. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha

just read this
    u kno i use moves for everything but what they SHOUlD be used for

7. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979

When I was in Dojo I found a few creative usages of the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. Did you know if you blast the enemy into the wall with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif as one example you can actually trip the enemy as they bounce off of the wall and they literally walk right into tripping move every time. Depending most of the time the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif works but depending on the angle of the wall you may have to use the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif instead. It can also function as low attack as they hit the ground like the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif does when the enemy is on the ground but it is hard to land in this function but it can be done.

8. SkatanMilla

SkatanMilla Well-Known Member

There are always moves in fighting games that become useless, not because they are useless by themself, but because you can use another move which simply works better.
    While the move isn't "useless" per se, there is still no reason to use it. I'm not well versed in VF5 as of yet, so I don't know these moves, but I'm pretty sure they exist.

9. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

L
    O
    L

really

LOL

all there can be said.

10. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal

o_O

11. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979

The move is quite useful and is in no way useless I use a few others moves of her that many people that use Pai I have online never even attempt and I can actually land them once in a while like /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif when pai's back is turned or the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif. The /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif move finally has a real use to me and I will try to use it in matches now

Like a few other people in here say there is no such thing as a useless move it is all about how they are used even as a taunt or a ploy to trick the enemy.

12. seven5suited

Just to revisit the first post in this thread, the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif strings are very useful considering it dodges back and provides mixup opportunities. Pai=mixup. Great in the opening against someone who always launches out a massive attack. Simply dodge back and sweep, etc. unless their attack has long range.

13. Cupcake_Desu

Cupcake_Desu Well-Known Member

it was alot more evasive in 4, seems the distance she goes to back stance is alot shorter now

14. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979

I like the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif move too as a change of pace and to make the enemy think abit since I can do the low sweep, mid pop up, shoulder ram, I can even go to her special low stance off of it, it allows for plenty of versatility. I really made use of this move in evo way more than I do now but I am slowly and steadily using it more and more.

15. seven5suited

Shoulder ram? What's that?

16. seven5suited

BTW I did that 2/8P+K techroll stopper a whole bunch of times and it works like a dream. If you see someone abusing the techroll it's easy to react in the right direction. Sweet move.

It also works against El Blaze's jumping catch throw. The animation just pops into the trip most unrealistically.

The ONLY arguably useless move, is that reversal of the mid-kick reversal. I mean, it only works on other Pais??? WTF?

17. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979

What I mean is this when pai does /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif her back will be turned to the enemy and if I don't press /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif right away she will have her basic back turned attacks /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (shoulder ram), /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and (charged) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif etc

18. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak

I think what was confusing him is that backturned /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is an elbow, not a shoulder ram . . .

19. KillaKen

KillaKen Well-Known Member

PSN:
    KillaKen
    XBL:
    KillaKen7

Exactly great post. If you watch your opponent closely during a match and notice them sidestepping a lot in the same motion (for example they sidestep up a lot) you can get them with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

20. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member