1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessa - Ask a question, get an answer

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by MakiLeSushi, Mar 7, 2013.

1. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Hi, i made this thread for people who is learning to use Vanessa and also for other players who get some difficulty to play against her... Feel free to ask anything and you ll get an answer as soon as possible =)

leftylizard and RafaelLew like this.
  2. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Hello, i'll go first then:

Are there alternative combos after OS [6_][K] CH that do NOT involve using OS [1][K][+][G] ?

3. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Why don t you wanna use 1K+G? you ve got a special reason? I can answer you yes but i didn t explore that coz i love this combo (including 1K+G)

4. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    If you are looking for more damage with this launcher i m not sure u ll get it without 1K+G but i ll check it... for middle and heavyweights the combo that everybody use is 6_K 1K+G KPP (80dmg) but instead of KPP u can 6P+K 66KP (82 dmg) or 3P 2P 66KP (84 dmg and the one i use, work with all char except taka)

5. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Online, when the connection is not that great, it can be quite impossible to confirm 1K+G against some chars (I've had the most trouble against Jacky personaly) So having a back pocket combo that won't whiff can be useful.

00000000 likes this.
  6. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    I agree, so sometimes i have to do the 1K+G without a hit check before and it connects... but it s absolutely not safe...
    I ll find something interesting tonight for this problem =)

7. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    No, i'm not looking for max damage, i just want an alternative to the OS [1][K][+][G] bound, even if it does less damage.

The reason i'm asking is that i often react late to the OS [6_][K] CH. So when i do OS [1][K][+][G] after the head crumple i end up slamming the opponent to the ground instead of bouncing them back up.

So basically what Chibitox said. Although in my case i'll probably use it offline too.

The way i see it, every time the [K][P][P] whiffs i miss out on 30+ damage - so i'm willing to try any combo that doesn't rely on [1][K][+][G], even if it does less damage.

8. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    I know what you mean... I check it tonight and will purpose you some combos as soon as possible =)

9. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    quote="erdraug, post: 357091, member: 9853"]Hello, i'll go first then:

Are there alternative combos after OS CH that do NOT involve using OS ?[/quote]
    Ok guies i think i found some interesting things, i was mainly looking for combos up to 70 dmg... To get 99 dmg in a combo without the [1][K][+][G] is i guess impossible... This is what i found: I put each char in combos with max damage (with delay and without), that doesn t mean that other combos with less dmg won t work

For Eileen
    [6_] [K] -> [K][P][6][K] -> [3][K][K] (85 dmg)

for Blaze (open stance before starter) aoi, sarah, pai, jacky, akira (tight timing), lau, wolf jeff, jean (76dmg), kage, lion, lei, brad, goh
    [6_] [K]-> [4][P][K] -> [6][6][K][P] (72 dmg)
    For me this is the easiest and hard to fail combo

For blaze (delay the [3][K][K])
    [6_][K]-> [6][K][+][G] -> [2][P] -> [3][K][K] (70 dmg)
    not for heavyweights
    [6_][K]-> [6][K][+][G] -> [2][P] -> [6][6][K][P] (68 dmg)

[6_] [K]-> [6][K][+][G] -> [3][K][K] (64 dmg)
    Barely all cast
    [6_] [K]-> [6][K][+][G] -> [6][6][K][P] (62 dmg)
    The problem with those combos with [6][K][+][G] is that it s a 24 frames move so it s 2 frames less the [1][K][+][G] but i even put it in case u need it

for shun
    [6_][K]-> [2][P][+][K] -> [2][P] -> [3][K][K] (67 dmg)
    Barely all cast
    [6_][K]-> [2][P][+][K] -> [2][P] -> [6][6][K][P] (65 dmg)

For almost all cast (except taka)
    [6_][K]->[6][K][+][G]->[2][K][P][P] (70dmg)

If you see a mistake feel free to correct me =)
    Hope it will help

PoisonKid13 and erdraug like this.
  10. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Wow, i would have never thought about testing [4][P][K] after a combo starter! Nice finds, thank you very much for taking the time to test and post!!

MakiLeSushi likes this.
  11. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    My pleasure erdaug, when i see all posts u sent in van s threads i can thank you too =) u helped me a lot

12. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Hmm, i don't know about that. After getting destroyed i realized i'm probably playing VF5FS vanessa wrong. So for the time being it's back to square one for me - that means dojo practice and asking for more advice in the forums ;)

Speaking of which: i have noticed that DS [6][P] and OS [6][6][P] sometimes stagger side turned opponents? Any idea why that happens and if there's any specific combos available from these side staggers?

BTW it seems combo N°1 also works vs Vanessa!

13. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Oh that s nice. To be honest i foegot vanessa...
    Now about the stagger, it works after a defensive move. I tried it few times and my concluqion is that it happen after a def move if opponent is crouching and get a CH or a RCH. For the rch i didnt test yet but i m almost sure...

14. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Oh, so it's a crouching thing. Again, it didn't occur to me to test that :oops:

It seems to work on normal hit btw.

DS [6][P] (side crouch stagger) [3][K] knocks down but i can't find any combo after it :(

OS [6][6][P] doesn't have a followup so nothing is guaranteed after a side crouch stagger :( What should i try to do afterwards if i think my opponent won't unstagger in time?

15. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    When in os st 66p make my opponent staggering usualky i use 66k+g or 3k that make a side crumple but it depends of angle... If u succeed, u ve got a big dmg combi afterwards... Take a look in combo list os side crumple... For the rest i ll test it. Maybe the crush jaw can be a solution after the ds 6p... Whatever i ll test and make u a feed back ;-)

16. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    I can't manage to cause a side crumple with OS [3][K] or [6][6][K][+][G] :(

However OS [6][P][+][K] seems to connect (apparently opponents stand up while staggered ).

Also, despite the fact that [3][K] does not cause a side crumple it DOES knock down your opponent, so [3][K][P] > followup of your choice stagger works. For example [3][K][P]> [P] > [2][P][+][K] > [6][6][K][P] should work on everyone except the heavies.

OS [9][K] seems to whiff depending on stance even though i'm right on top of my opponent :(

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  17. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    I ll try it tonight and if it works i ll record it to show you.

18. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

After DS 6P (stagger) either PK or WS P into combo.

19. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    DS [6][P] side crouch stagger [P][+][K][P] > [6][P][K][K] seems to work too (jeffry, both stances). So i guess that could be useful if i think my opponent will be too surprised to unstagger on time?

BTW the DS [6][P] side crouch stagger seems to last LESS then DS [6][6][P] side crouch stagger. I put the CPU on "stagger > normal" and now DS [6][P] side crouch stagger [P][+][K][P] no longer works (whereas [6][6][P] side crouch stagger [P][+][K][P] still works).

BTW#2 There's also DS [6][6][P] side crouch stagger [P][K], although it's kinda weird: it only gives +4 frame advantage :( Somehow, the opponent is no longer considered sideturned. Which i don't understand because i was under the impression that, as long as a character keeps getting hit while sideturned they are always considered sideturned.

BTW#3 can anybody explain why DS [6][6][P] crouch stagger > [P][+][K] floats the CPU while DS [6][6][P] crouch stagger > [K] does NOT float? That's VERY weird, both moves are 16f :eek:

20. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    BTW #4 this weird side crouch stagger only seems to work on normal hit - i put the CPU on CH to test something else and accidental did the old sequence (beacuse i'm slow like that) and - suprize! - DS [6][P] and OS [6][6][P] no longer side crouch staggers!

So... pretty useless i guess. I thought it would be useful against opponents who like to duck or low punch when sideturned but if they don't work on CH, well, i'd rather use something else :(

BTW #5 now that i have the CPU set to "counterhit" DS [6][6][P] side crouch stagger > DS [P][+][K][P] no longer works. So that means that the stagger on normal hit is longer than the stagger on CH... WTF?!