1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessa - Ask a question, get an answer

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by MakiLeSushi, Mar 7, 2013.

1. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Very quick test. On block 4K6~P trades with Eileen's 46K+G (lands on same frame, both characters get CH for damage). They're both 19f so this means Vanessa is effectively at +0 after 4K6 on BLOCK.

As Eileen is normally at +6 on block after 4K and the total frames of 4K are 46f I'm going to take it as a given that 4K causes 40f of block stun. Eileens total actions are blockstun + the 19f of 46K+G and Vanessa's are 17f from 4K + frames spent in Intruder step + 19f.

This means the time spend cancelling 4K and in intruder step animation is 23f.

og23 likes this.
  2. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    On hit Van 4K6~P beats 2P 12fP, 11f P and even 10f P from 0 range but loses to 10f P when done at great range. I'm going to take this as Vanessa being at +9 as the attack itself is 19f.

On CH 4K6 the P will beat all all attacks but it can still be sabakied or evaded. From the same position thought the P+G catch throw will beat all standing attacks and even catch jumping attacks. You CAN still CD fuzzy underneath it and beat the possible mixup if your timing is perfect though. (Except Taka. His CD doesn't seem to be fast enough. Screw that guy though)

Otherwise from that position it's a straight mixup. Attack low to avoid the catch throw and risk eating the mid, OR standing block/evade/Mid punch sabaki to beat the mid but all of these options will lose to the catch throw.

og23 likes this.
  3. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    I think erdraug put those test somewhere but it s good to have it here. Thx for the test @MarlyJay

4. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    The wiki section on Intruder Step points out to this thread.

But since you're already testing: I remember watching a VF5 vanilla acebreaker vid where he cancelled IS with a DM (he used [2][2] but maybe [8][8] works too). Is this still possible in VF5FS?

5. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Don't think so. I think you're stuck in the animation until you do a move or the animation ends.

Reading that thread, the part about Intruder step P+G losing to jumping attacks after 4K Ch is interesting. I couldn't get jumping attacks to beat it at all. Tried Eileen and Vanessa 9P, Lions 8K and it seemed to just cancel them all.

Was it tested or assumed?

og23 likes this.
  6. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    A sabaki out of IS would've been nice. But she does have DS too I suppose.

7. og23

og23 Well-Known Member

Thanks Marly, you're a god.

8. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    IIRC tested with [8][G][K] and maki & manji seem to confirm. Thank you for testing, I added a clarification.

BTW thanks for the heads up, this thread made me realize i had totally forgotten to add throws as an option against IS catch throw - and thanks to everyone's feedback i learned that throws can NOT interrupt the catch throw after OS [4][K] CH (y)

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  9. DepressedHippie

DepressedHippie Active Member

Anyone know any good moves to pressure your opponent into ducking, I have these low throws just gathering dust since VF:Online.

10. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Some opponents will try to duck-and-punish moves with high followups such as DS [P][+][K], [4][6][K] and [2][K]. But if you low throw them once they'll stick to using low punch instead, so that trick only works once.

Other opponents will try to fuzzy guard when at light disadvantage, either when their attacks are guarded or when they quard vanessa's DS jab, [3][P] or [4][6][K][P] or [4][P]. But, again, if you low throw them once they'll mix in some abare, so that trick doesn't work that often either.

Low throws are also possible when the opponent techrolls. This requires precise timing & OMing towards the same direction the opponent techrolls. And obviously depends on the combo ender used (AFAIK it's not possible after combos ending with DS [K][K]).

All in all, don't worry, most vanessa players' low throws are gathering dust as well.

EDIT: my bad, OM apparently not necessary, see comments below.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  11. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

It doesn't need any realigning, you can just dash close and do it.

12. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Sometimes the OM can help with the timing, but it is never always necessary.

13. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    I confirm. Om isn t necessary

14. Lulu Lulu

Lulu Lulu Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lulekani
    I'm stuck in Vanessa's Command Training.... its [4][4][K][+][G][5][G]
    What do they want me to do ?

15. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Hold kick, press G again.

Lulu Lulu likes this.
  16. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Press [4][4][K][+][G] Keep holding [K] and release and tap [G]

Lulu Lulu likes this.
  17. Lulu Lulu

XBL:
    Lulekani
    Oh.... well that one is kinda dumb.... I was using the [K][+][G] Macro..... basicly it wasn't registering my [G] cancel because technically I was already holding it down.
    LoL thanks guys.

18. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    The game isn't designed with macros in mind. Very much doubt VF designers think past the arcade at all. They can be nice, but remember that they aren't fixed. If you change Lb or L1 to G instead of P+G things like this and proper defence will become much easier.

Lulu Lulu likes this.
  19. Lulu Lulu

XBL:
    Lulekani
    Yeah that's another thing I'm struggling with.... I wanted to swap my [G] which I mapped to A and my [P][+][K][+][G] which I macro'd to the left shoulder button since its difficult for me to execute "stance" commands because it does something really akward to my left thumb..... the thing is I've been guarding with the Face Button for so long. :unsure:

Oh no wait.... I'l just swap it my throw Button..... lol why did that take me so long figure out. :oops: how embarrassing.

20. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    don't swap. you can have multiple instances. You can use the face button for normal blocking and LB or whatever else (shoulder buttons work best) for doing [P][+][G] and things like [4][4][K][+][G][5][G]

Lulu Lulu likes this.