1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessa - Ask a question, get an answer

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by MakiLeSushi, Mar 7, 2013.

1. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

Looking for the best Van to fight. Who should I play to get the best Van vs. Goh matchup? Other words who have the best V for me? 360 of coarse.

2. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    @Chefboy_OB over to you.

3. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    Chef Girl is dead. Killed by time and lack of a stick.

4. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    Ressurect stick and girl and come back man! =/

5. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    @ShinyBrentford my mu vs goh is not too bad and my van isn t the worst. U should try me...
    @Chefboy_OB get a stick, unrusty ur van and let s fight. I wanna fight you at ur best level, i wanna fight the Van who scared me when i started the game. U cannot refuse :)

ShinyBrentford likes this.
  6. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    LoL...I mentioned an American because he's in TEXAS. Which is really far from Europe, you jokers :D

7. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

Yeah that match is unplayable. @MakiLeSushi, Truewisemen told me I should play you. I thought maybe you lived in the states. Well Maybe next time or if you make it to a US Sega cup.

8. cmase1989

cmase1989 Well-Known Member

hey! what are some strong options as vanessa for OKI? i cant find a(the?) thread for it

9. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

How do I distinguish ch hit checkable moves that guarantee follow ups as opposed to other moves that look or feel remotely close?
    Ie: lions 2k(ch),k+g.<~I know works.
    Lions 3p,p or 6p,p or 4k,p.

Is there a rule or certain amount of adv needed or is it simply a move build??

Thanks

10. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Move specific

11. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Indeed there's no specific forum thread covering oki; however, while i was populating the wiki a while ago, I took the liberty of adding the oki options i was aware of. If anyone feels like contributing additional setups i will gladly add them.

cmase1989 likes this.
  12. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    I will as soon as i come back from holidays :)

Craigbot likes this.
  13. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    My Vanessa Oki is rubbish, but i like using OS 66K+G as it safe and knocks down. If you know how to get the opponent to wake up sideturned it'll only be - 1 on block at worst.

You can use the catch throw 66P+G as a rubbish mixups on you opponents tech roll. The have to block standing or crouch.

If you have time, both 1K+G and 6K+G are also good. They're both safe (1K+G is fuzzy safe) and both will give combos on NH.

There is always the jump back and doing while landing K if they use a rising kick too, but this gets old really fast and people will hate you.

In DS 1P+K and 6K+G can work. She has low throws in DS if they tech roll from certain positions too.

14. Kikimaru

Kikimaru Well-Known Member

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    Today I found out OS [6_][K] can be guard-cancelled.

Wonder if I'll ever use that :confused:

15. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    It s very useful. Take a look to last bt how much japanese use it. U can also use it when u re in nitaku position u ll avoid throws or get a nh instead of ch... there is a thread made by gt about it...

Kikimaru likes this.
  16. Kikimaru

Kikimaru Well-Known Member

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    Any videos/players I should look for in particular?
    Time is short :(

17. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Recent jp videos otherwise darksoul use it often vs me.

18. Mold_Monkey93

Mold_Monkey93 Well-Known Member

Was it really J6 that made her lighter?
    Why her butt get smaller?
    Why Brad stole her muay-thai?
    No, but seriously. She is lightweight, however, at times I can't do 9P+K+GPPP to push to wall from stun bound but then I can. She really the closet possible too. why is that? Am I asking the wrong question? I don't want to learn Vanessa. So, yeah... Why I do 46P, P, 6P+Kppp but 3rd punch whiff at times? I usually just 43p+k, 214PK. 43P+K, works from 214K, but sometimes not.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  19. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    If u re asking for eileen why some moves whiff vs Vanessa, i would answer that u should ask it in eileen dojo coz all move u talk about i don t have a clue what it is... I don t ever try to use her...

MarlyJay likes this.
  20. og23

og23 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I've got a question. What do you guys use for Nitaku in defensive stance? Like after a [4][6][K][P] or a [4][P]+[K]?