1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessa - Ask a question, get an answer

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by MakiLeSushi, Mar 7, 2013.

1. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    WS P, 6K and 3K+G in nitaku. To use nitaku properly you should be using moves that beat 2P (mids and special highs)

46K is too slow to be applicable in nitaku on offense. It instead should be used as a counter nitaku sabaki (will beat both elbow & throw).
    4P+K is a ch launcher so if you use it in nitaku it's basically a read that your opponent will abare with a standing high or mid. WS P usually a better option unless you're sure.

og23 likes this.
  2. og23

og23 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I was talking about after using the above options, like when I get nitaku AFTER hitting at 46kp, not talking about doing 46kp during nitaku.

With that aside, I've been using 6k or throw, but I don't like how a counter hit 6k is just another guessing game into lackluster damage, so I was wondering other options, I'll use 3k+g after a Sabaki more as that's pretty sound in the frame data department. Thanks for the help!

3. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    after 46KP u got some move that u can use, the one i use the most is the wsP, but u can also use 6K if ch hit throw with P+G, PK, or throws.
    4P+K is a fast move and u are at -2 on guard if i m not wrong, so it will depends of what ur opponent tend to do, so 3P is good and safe, or P. But like i said, see the bad habit of ur opponent and use the best move to take advantage

4. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  5. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Oops i didn t read well the question :p

6. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I think it was me who misunderstood the question slightly, but my answer still stands. DS Van is an anti nitaku monster but doesn't have so much at advantage compared to OS Van.

MakiLeSushi likes this.
  7. og23

og23 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I've got another question for those who are interested, In offensive stance, on what frame can I use an attack out of intruder stance? It's a little hard to word, but allow me to explain. So when I do 4K in OS and I enter intruder stance on block, the frame data in training mode tells me that I am minus 14, however I don't have to wait 14 frames to attack, and I can attack much earlier. What is the first frame that I can do an attack out of, and If you guys know, could you please share how you found out? It would be greatly appreciated

8. cmase1989

cmase1989 Well-Known Member

Spirit Coach, set the computer to (block then 2p, or block then mid) and test to see what works against those attacks on blocked intruder(if there is anything that works). I think that answers it? Im a bit confused to what the question is really

og23 likes this.
  9. og23

og23 Well-Known Member

No, that doesn't really answer my question, Mr. Cornwallas. That's my fault for not wording it properly though. When I go into intruder stance after a blocked 4K, it says I am minus 14. However, you and I both know that I don't have to wait the whole 14 frames in order to input an attack. What I want to know is the exact frame I'm allowed to do one of my attacks out of intruder stance

10. cmase1989

Not sure. Try testing like I said though. Im pretty sure its something wonky like even though your -14 you can do the mid kick follow up to crush lows and the mid punch follow ups to counterhit mids I think. I tested it a long time ago I cant really remember. That might not even work its been a while haha. I for some reason think that works though.

11. og23

og23 Well-Known Member

I know that I can use the kick follow up to beat 2p. But I'm looking to find out what frame exactly I can attack. Not sure how useful it'll be but I think it'll be good to know all the same

12. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    I would answer but i m not sure to understand the question. What u wanna know, the frame window u got once u go on IS when 4K is blocked?

13. og23

og23 Well-Known Member

Not exactly Maki, I just used a blocked 4K as an example, but it can be applied anywhere. When I go into intruder stance, I can't attack immediately, right? I have to wait a few frames for her to duck down first before my attack comes out. I'm looking for how many frames do I have to wait before I can finally input my attack

14. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    ok i think i understand, u want to know at how many frames u can input ur attack once u go in IS, isn t it?

15. og23

og23 Well-Known Member

Yes Maki. Man that was really hard to explain

16. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    lol since i m french it s hard to understand, olet me test it i ll give u a feed back

17. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    From the 1st frame until the end of the IS i think it s 31fr. In fact once u press [6] to go in IS u can immediatly press [P] or [K] or [P][+][G] and van will do the move u chose

18. cmase1989

the buffer window in FS is really huge so I'm assuming you can buffer the attack immediately when you go into intruder

19. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    No one has answered this question yet. lol

31f is the total time you're in intruder step if you do nothing. That isn't what og23 is asking though. He's asking how long before you can cancel IS animation with an IS action.

I'll do it when i have time.

Ellis likes this.
  20. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    ok then i still don t understand