1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessa combo thread

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by MakiLeSushi, Mar 28, 2013.

1. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Lol i found another NMDC vs wolf. It s a wall combo workin on /\ stance after wall splatt. So:
    wall stagger>66k+g>3p>1k+g>4k6>ISk>3kk
    I think it s around 111 or 112 dmg. I m definitly sure it works on // stance but i didn t investigate it too much. I ll make a feed back.

Another NMDC vs wolf in ds after side crumple. If u switch stance on os u ll get more dmg but whatever it s more than the ds initial combo.
    So:
    Side crumple>om to opp back side>2p+k>4p+k>6pkk
    I forgot the dmg but i ll edit my post once i retest it =)

2. og23

og23 Well-Known Member

3. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Ty for the video. I guess u didn t watch my last vid =p for more precision this combo only works on open stance and works also with 6k+g or sabaki kick 46p+k as combo launcher. On close stance u have to use 6p3k as combo ender

4. og23

og23 Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm pretty sure I said that. Whoops!

5. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Yes u said it on vid where i was i didnt have good internet so i wasn t able to see the vid =)

6. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    2 new combos vs taka

7. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    2 new max damage vs Taka
    SIde crumple > [1][K][+][P] > [K][P] > [P][+][K][K] there s a specific stance and when u evade toward a side u have to perform an OM i ll re-check it and edit otherwise combo works on both stances and evaded in any side

[4][P][K] > [K][P][P] i think it s close stance only i ll re-check it

both combos are stablei ll edit my post once i check those things

Kikimaru and erdraug like this.
  8. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    The Stealth Kick taka combo seems to be open only. I added it to the combo database.

Added the side crumple, the ender does not seem to work from open stance & left side; in that particular case the 66KP works. It was tough to input without getting KP6K but hey, turns out KP6K actually works vs Taka, so that's a new stance-independent combo as well. Added all three.

Random discovery: OS 1K+G NH vs Jean > KP > 3_KK for 76. But it does not work on Counter hit closed stance! Jab > 6KKPP also does 76 but works from closed only. So adding it as jean max damage with a bunch of notes. BTW jab > 6KKPK does 74 but only works from open. Not really interesting for jean (since the first combo works but maybe for some other character?)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  9. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Actually on open stance left sideu have to perform an om toward taka s front before the 1k+g and the combo will work.

About 1k+g kp 3kk i knew this combo works on even on ch vs wolf and jeff. On open stance vs lighter u can do 6ppk instead of 3kk for bonus dmg.

The one with 6kkpp nice find i didn t know =)

Also for lightweigth we got as combo ender p p+kk on close stance. I saw in recent video that for midweigth combo ender 2p 3kk connect for all combos with lil bounce. Actually p 3kk works too but a strict frame delay is required and kinda hard to succed so this one is easier...

10. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Damn so easy vs shun death scythe > 1k+g > p > 3p > 66kp

erdraug likes this.
  11. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Maki do we need a G between the jab and the 3P? Otherwise we might get the P3P string :(

12. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Ofc we need g

13. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    last combo vi enjoy

14. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Maki you have surpassed yourself - who would have thought to look for damaging combos featuring less damaging strings such as P3P or KP6P?! Or even an incomplete string such as PP. Amazing! Thank you for sharing :)

MakiLeSushi likes this.
  15. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Ty erdraug i appreciate. I m not done yet i m still investgating and i think i ll make another one soon. I m pretty convinced that vs taka there s a lot to discover, i m still not satisfied of wall 6pkg comparing to other chars dmg and there s a lot of launcher which need to be investigate. I love van it s like a never ending combo possibilities =)

16. Ares-olimpico

Ares-olimpico Well-Known Member Content Manager Lion

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    Great job Maki.
    Can you enumerate the alternates input to obtain 1fk. I only know 11p+k+g (not work whit lion wich have commands p+k+g in all 9 directions) dash ie 66 4p+k and recently i discover in a video 636p for 1fkp
    And 2fk?

MakiLeSushi likes this.
  17. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Ty @Ares-olimpico . An alternative input for 1fk 2p? It s simple u can try 662p (66 as buff to kill 1 fr and 2p) for 2fk it s the same kind of input like 6662p but it depends of how fast ur inputs are. Just need some practice. Don t forget that in generally u can remove the 1fk by input the 1fk in another move. If u want write me a combo here with 1fk and i ll make some test. I know a lil lion so u re lucky =p

Ares-olimpico likes this.
  18. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
  19. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    I was going through the combo lists: we are at a weird situation where the most damaging combos for DS P+KP and DS BT P+K are against Taka :ROTFL:

Similar situation for OS [6_][K] and [6][6][K][+][G] combos, except there his combos are the 2nd most damaging after the super-lightweights.

...i guess we really hate the poor man :mad:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  20. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    In fact my research was really pointed on him coz "I" hate him lol. Btw side crumple os 66k+g i made a video for each weigth maybe u didn t see it