1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessa Faq, Second Draft

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by Guest, Jun 16, 2002.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Re: Vanessa's Starters and Turtle Tactics

You can counter vanessa's counters, but I am not sure on the inputs.

2. Event_Horizon

Event_Horizon Well-Known Member

Do you mean reversals? In Version c, you could break her punch reversal with [G][P]. If you did it fast enough it would break part of the reversal and get a lot less damage. Or if slower it would make you kick her off after the reversal and get up so there wouldn't be a down attack opportunity. Not sure if you can do this in Evo

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Anybody confirm if you are able to reverse Vanessa's reversals in evo?

4. Event_Horizon

I just looked over the Evo reversal movelist for Vanessa and it looks like the reversals can be broken in the same manner

5. DoomShroom

DoomShroom Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Event_Horizon said:
    Do you mean reversals? In Version c, you could break her punch reversal with [G][P]. If you did it fast enough it would break part of the reversal and get a lot less damage. Or if slower it would make you kick her off after the reversal and get up so there wouldn't be a down attack opportunity. Not sure if you can do this in Evo

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on, guys. The move I was talking about is when the opponent kicks her off, denying her the downattack.

When 4 first came out, I would, from time to time see people pull back their punches from her counter. I think people in the tekken world call them chickens or somethin like that. Let me get this right... Right after you punch, and she counters... I'm supoosed to input [G] and then [P] right after that? and is this countering her counter, or her auto counter? Does this technique work on all punch counter characters... Akira, Aoi, Kage, and Pai?

Tonight I got to test out the counters to her mount. All of them seemed to work except for her final punch/elbow what ever that is. It's [P]+[K] while she's in the mount, and everything I tried wouldnt reverse that final blow. Can it be reversed?

-tha shroom of D00M

6. Event_Horizon

I don't know about that last paragraph you said.

But on the reversal topic, I meant to type [P]+[G]. It is for her punch reversals, not the auto punch grab. If you get the [P]+[G] in fast enough it will break part of it, kind of like breaking a throw, its not a counter reversal/attack. And like I said before, if later [P]+[G] will kick Vanessa off of you on the end of her reversal animation on the ground so she will not be able to get a down attack. Vanessa is the only character this works on, at least in Version C. (I think there is a specific Pai vs Pai one though)

7. Tgood

Tgood Active Member

Well when i use Vanessa what i do is press the back arrow twice if you hit ur oppent then they will fall to the floor but just before they hit the ground you can do:
    -Down Arrow w/ P+K+G
    OR
    -Down AND Left or Right Arrow {It depends if you are on the PLAYER1 side then you want to do Left. PLAYER2 do Right}
    And there you go this takes out alot of damage <font color="blue"> </font> <font color="green"> </font>

8. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

First of all, you didn't need to bump such an old thread.

Secondly, you shouldn't low throw on stomach crumble, since any decent player will escape it.

Vanessa's best option from crumble is [2][P], [3][K] and if the opponent doesn't techroll after that [2][K]+[G], [3][K].

Note, you must press the [2][P] the moment the person drops to their knees in order to get the bounce effect.

9. Tgood

Tgood Active Member

Yeah that works to but sometimes {even with an expert player} before they get off the floor if you time it just right then you will be able to:
    [4][4]+[K][G]

10. Tgood

Tgood Active Member

Another good Combo Vanessa is:
    [8]+[K]+[P]+[G] /FOLLOW W/ [6][2]+[P][G]
    As soon as the Person gets up hit them with:
    [1]+[K][G] + [6][P]+[8][P]
    It will knock the person down again when the person gets up again try:
    [6][K]+[G]/+[6][P]+[K]+[K]