1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessa Throws/ Ringouts/Gimmicks

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by Sebo, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    zzz

2. 420Gamer4Life

420Gamer4Life Well-Known Member

good shit sebo. someones must be getting pretty good with vanessa.

3. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    zzz

4. Kay

Kay Well-Known Member

This is really interesting, thanks! Vanessa's taken over as my main from Lion now, so any info I can get on the girl is awesome.

5. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Try OS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif near the edge (your back), its great.

6. Kay

Kay Well-Known Member

Depends who I'm playing against. I find my housemate's Eileen and Aoi to be -very- difficult to through. They like to spam rushing attacks, so I deal with that by evasion -> OM -> sidecrumple usuall.

7. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    The primary ring out move I use with her is her /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif and I drive the game nuts with it especially when I know I am near the edge and I can ring them out with really hitting them ever much. The throw actually sends the enemy a short distance after the throw as well (past where vanessa was before she executed the throw to begin with). I could be some distance from the edge and still ring them out anyway, it saved me from many potential corner traps more than I could ever keep track of. Great info on this and other throws as well Sebo, I will have to take what you said into account the next time I play thanks.

8. SS8

SS8 Well-Known Member

Ahh Jeffry's and Astroth players Unite!!!
    And learn to play Vanessa a little, I won't leave you Jeffry

9. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    I actually dropped asta in SC3 because he was too good. Rock FTW (lol). But Before quitting SC all together, I was full time Mina, and then they got rid of 66B in Arcade /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif .

10. SS8

SS8 Well-Known Member

Well there will be SC4, I digress... (-_-)
    I was wondering if the tackle, 66P+K, would ring out Vanessa or the opponent first? I'm assuming Vanessa but I also don't know if it would be practical, I really focus on ringing people out with Jeffry since its easy to do when there is no fence or half but with Vane I want to learn if she can have a no fence game like my Jeffry. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

11. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Yes, i can confirm that in version B (ps3) sometimes lancers ring out vanessa first.

HOWEVER in version C this has yet to happen to me - up until now every ring out in which both vane and the opponent fall off the ring counts as vane's win.

It would be nice if somebody else could confirm that there was an actual gameplay change concerning vane's lancers.

12. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

I didn't know what thread to ask this question in but this one seemed good enough.
    I kept getting caught by Vanessa's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif- /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    and I know that there's no escape for it but after falling to the ground I knew that I could just-Ukemi but I could not block or get away from her light down-attack.
    My question is: is a light down-attack guaranteed for Vane after she catches you with this hit-throw?

13. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Only in Version B (PS3).

14. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    The OS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif throw is good for ringing out when the edge is to your side. Happened to me few times. The problem is it rings out only towards the back of the opponent. Quite useful, as no one expects to be thrown out of the ring when the edge is in the front/back of the screen /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

15. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    DS while standing [K] CH floats high enough to make it the fastest DS move that can ring out over small fences.