1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessa's double bounce wall combo

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by MakiLeSushi, Aug 10, 2013.

1. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    I spent a lot of time in dojo to understand how japanese do with Vanessa a double bounce wall combo on almost all cast (everybody except taka and jeff for one combo). When i say double bounce, i mean use OS [1][K][+][G] and DS [2][P][+][K] in the same combo. And i understood by chance how. I thought that it was about delaying input, foot position blablabla but there s nothing connected to this...
    The reason i didn t find the explanation before was only coz by principe, i practice only in the stage "training room" and today i went in jeffry's stage "Island" and i succeed!!! So I guess the explanation isn t the input or foot position but only the wall itself!!! All stage "half fence" could (in theory) permitt to do this combo. But for any reason, sometimes it fails. So those combos are here just for the fun, nothing else...

The input:
    • Combo 1 DMG 128 (nh) & 142 (CH)
      DS [4][P]->[3][P][+][K]->[2][P][+][K]->[6][P][+][K][+][G]-> go in OS [1][K][+][G]->[P][+][K][K]->[6][6][K][P]-> and bonus damage [3_][K]
      This combo work on all cast except Taka. For jeffry sometimes it doesn t work so it s better to not use this against him. U ll notice that after the [6][P][+][K][+][G] the wall splatt will be delayed and this is the key to succeed the whole combo.

• Combo 2 118 (nh) & 129 (CH)OS [6][6][P]->[6][6][K][+][G]->[1][K][+][G]->[6][P][+][K][+][G]-> go in DS [2][P][+][K]->[6][P][3][K]->[K][K]
      Against Wolf instead of
      [6][6][K][+][G] it s better to use [9][K] for a guarantee wall splatt coz the other move fail the big wall splatt if u re not near of the wall
    To be honest, I didn't try on all half fence's stages (only on "Island") and all cast (only on Van Sarah jeff & wolf...) But i m working on it, and if i made a thread about this, it is in case if anybody find something, to share it here... Maybe one day we will find something guarantee with max dmg =)
    For El Blaze Aoi and Eileen those combos can work on all walls but hardly... I repeat, those combo isn t something guarantee so i recommand to use basics combo, but it s for the fun =)

I ll edit my post everytime i find something =)

Kikimaru and RafaelLew like this.
  2. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    The video of both combos with Wolf

CJA and RafaelLew like this.
  3. RafaelLew

RafaelLew Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RafaelLew
    Just saw it in your channel, this is good stuff! Thank you.

MakiLeSushi likes this.
  4. G_A

G_A Well-Known Member

Well if you have some basic wall combos to share, you are welcome :D

5. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    @G_A: It appears you are right, there are currently no OS wall combos in the combo list. Conversly, the Simplified Vanessa Combo List thread does not explicitly explain DS wall combos. And the Acebreaker Combo Notes translated thread only mentions off-axis wall combos.

Bread and butter DS wall splat followup should be [2][P][+][K] bound > [6][P][3][K] low wall splat > [K][K] for everyone except Taka. Depending on the distance/axis you can add a [4][P][+][K] before the bound.

Bread and butter OS wall splat followup should be [1][K][+][G] bound > [P][+][K][K] low wall splat > [6][6][K][P] for everyone except Taka. Depending on the distance/axis you can add a [3][P] before the bound. Max damage involves sticking an extra jab vs. lightweights and ending with [6][6][K][K]

Unfortunately i don't know what you're supposed to do vs Taka. I am guessing the last portion of the combo should be replaced with [6][P][+][K][+][G] but i can't test it ATM. If someone tests for Taka & for combo damage i'll edit the combo list.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    Kikimaru and G_A like this.
  6. G_A

G_A Well-Known Member

For those who are interested Acebreaker made a video in answer to this topic and MakiLeSushi video :

Kikimaru, Ellis and MakiLeSushi like this.
  7. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Ty G_A i didn t see it...

Ellis likes this.
  8. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Another video about it, i hope it will help... Enjoy =)

CJA and G_A like this.
  9. CJA

CJA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IzunaDrop25
    XBL:
    CJA25
    Good stuff

10. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi