1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Versus City Upgraded

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Jun 10, 2002.

By Myke on Jun 10, 2002 at 12:29 PM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Versus City has been upgraded to version 6.0 of UBB.threads. There was a minor hitch along the way, but I'm pleased to announce the upgrade is complete, save for a couple of cosmetic touch ups to be done.

Please report any errors in this thread.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Jun 10, 2002.

1. Myke
      Myke
      A list of features in this new version which users would be interested in:
      <ul type="square">[*]Added user ratings.
      [*]Added topic ratings.
      [*]The Spanish, Dutch, French, Swedish, and Big 5 translations have been updated.
      [*]All SQL queries have been tuned or optimized. There are far fewer queries now.
      [*]Moved post icons from a drop down to a radio button style so a user can see what icon they are selecting.
      [*]Added quick UBBCodeâ„¢ and Graemlins buttons to the post form.
      [*]Added moderator display to postlist,showflat,showthreaded.
      [*]Added feature to upload User Avatars. Please note that the file requirements are 80x80 and no greater than 20k. Your old avatar was probably sized to 75x65, and will need to change. You can still specify an external URL to your image too.
      [*]UBBCodeâ„¢ for colors has changed. If you're using colors in your signature, you will have to update the code. Refer to the FAQ for new syntax.
      [/list]

Edit: added note for colors.
    2. feixaq
      feixaq
      Hmm, this is not an error per se, and maybe it's just me, but it seems like the new forum layout is a little cluttered, and the columns in the table are too narrow... on the main forum listing page, the addition of the moderator column squeezes the text in the other columns, making the board longer; on the individual boards, the addition of the rating column makes almost all subject headers spill over into the 2nd line... so users have to scroll down more to view the same number of threads.

P.S. Would you be so kind as to set border=0 for image links again? /versus/images/icons/wink.gif
    3. Myke
      Myke
      Added border=0 to image markup.

I agree on the column widths, and I'll look into organising their layout a little better. The previous version of UBB.threads allowed for the showing of moderators on the main index as an option, but this time they've hardcoded it in (i.e. removed the option!) and I don't know why /versus/images/icons/frown.gif I think I'll hack it myself.

In general, expect a few more cosmetic changes.
    4. Myke
      Myke
      </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
      the addition of the rating column makes almost all subject headers spill over into the 2nd line... so users have to scroll down more to view the same number of threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

You bring up a point I've been wanting to address.

On the subject of subject headers, it would be appreciated if people used simple yet specific subject headers for their posts. In general, keep it simple, specific, leave out useless characters (especially for formatting -, ~, !!!, etc) and avoid using command notation (d/b+K+G ~ f+P+K, etc) where possible.
    5. GLC
      GLC
      0-byte documents

I've encountered quite a few of those... they sometimes appear when I'm changing my profile or anything that requires confirmation in My Home subpage. They used to appear earlier but not in such numbers.
    6. MrWhite
      MrWhite
      I've checked but I cant find the explanations behind the rating system. Please explain ?

Also, if possible you should consider adding selectable icons ( buttons would be colored circles with the appropriate letter in white & directions and + sign would be white bold. ) :
      - P
      - K
      - G
      - Every arrow direction
      - Darker arrows for "Hold direction"
      - +
      - P+K
      - K+G
      - P+K+G

I think it would clean up posts and make command info pop out. And people could still use QCF/QCB, HCB/HCF, 270 instead of selecting each direction in the command..
    7. Myke
      Myke
      Re: 0-byte documents

Re: 0 byte documents

Unless you can provide details to reproduce the problem then I'm afraid I can't really help.

And you can't have my Mom. She's taken.
    8. Myke
      Myke
      New markup has been added. Surround the markup code with [ ]'s. The markup code is case sensitive.

<font color="orange">Buttons</font color>
      P = [P]
      K = [K]
      G = [G]

<font color="orange">Directions</font color>
      db = [1]
      d = [2]
      df = [3]
      bk = [4] (note: can't use [ b ] because it's the markup used for Bold formatting.
      f = [6]
      ub = [7]
      u = [8]
      uf = [9]
      DB = [1_]
      D = [2_]
      DF = [3_]
      B = [4_]
      F = [6_]
      UB = [7_]
      U = [8_]
      UF = [9_]

Note the plus sign is just plain text.

<font color="orange">Some Examples</font color>
      Akira's SPoD: [P]+[K]+[G][4][3][P]+[G][4][P]
      Akira's DLC: [3][K]+[G][6][P][4][6][6][P]+[K]
      Kage Combo: [2_][3][P] - [6_][P] - [2][P]+[K][K]

I'll add the new Command markup to the instant code menus for convenience soon.

Edit: testing edit. works ok
    9. SummAh
      SummAh
      too damn cool man! /versus/images/icons/grin.gif
    10. Mike90210
      Mike90210
      Whoa cool...finally adding some color to these forums. /versus/images/icons/shocked.gif
    11. GLC
      GLC
      Re: 0-byte documents

I can provide any details since it's pretty random... mostly after changing any info in my profile or display preferences though. I'm using IE 5.0 btw.

Anyway, just letting you know - it's not a really a problem, a simple refresh fixes it.

P.S. I don't care if a chick's taken /versus/images/icons/wink.gif
    12. death_raven
      death_raven
      wow, great job, that's way cool
    13. HighKing
      HighKing
      Myke - Everytime I exit the site and comeback I am not signed in, I have to sign in every time I come here, clicking on "Remember me on each visit" doesn't work.
    14. MrWhite
      MrWhite
      very decent of you Myke. Now how about the rating system ? /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    15. Myke
      Myke
      What don't you get about the rating system? Would you go see a movie that was rated at 1 star or 5? You can use the rating system to as a means of feedback. I'm not sure how effective this will be in the long run, or if it's vulnerable to abuse, but we'll see how it goes.
    16. Myke
      Myke
      </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
      Myke - Everytime I exit the site and comeback I am not signed in, I have to sign in every time I come here, clicking on "Remember me on each visit" doesn't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've noticed this too. I'll look into it soon. Sorry for any inconvenience in the meantime.
    17. Myke
      Myke
      Instant Commands are now available when composing/editing posts.

Just a reminder to use plain text for the plus sign. For simplicity, don't use commas between commands and only use plus signs for simultaneous button presses.

[2]+[K]+[G] should be [2][K]+[G]
      [2],[1],[4]+P should be [2][1][4][P]
      etc
    18. Mike90210
      Mike90210
      Does anyone else have problems seeing their friends online in my home? They are listed in whos online but my friends are blank...just a minor problem.
    19. Myke
      Myke
      Thanks for highlighting the problem Mike, I've noticed this as well, and will add it to the list of things to look at shortly.