1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF 5 Commmunity Awareness

Discussion in 'General' started by THE_WALL, Dec 6, 2008.

1. THE_WALL

THE_WALL Well-Known Member

There are 3 people other than me that I have played with in the state of Utah that know whats up with the game Brody, Patrick, and Ernie. I hear that there are others out there in this fine state that know whats up with the game but I have never met them personally. Some of them could be on X-Box live but unfortunately I don't have live yet.

2. THE_WALL

(Repost didn't finish the first one.) We get together sadly whenever a new version of the game comes out, when a tournament is coming up, and maybe even with another fighter.
    What I want to know is how often do other communites get together and how many are in the crew. Excluding X-box live, that's a given for the people that have it.

3. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I got a crew here in pittsburgh there are 6 of us and three of us get together regularly about every two weeks or so to game when one of us sends a text pretty much. When a new fighting game comes out we generally bang that game out first then we play vf later in the night but vf always comes somewhere in the mix.

4. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    You'd think me and Numbers plopped out the same void.

5. THE_WALL

So 4 for utah and 6 for pittsburgh. I want to know who else is out there especially the big players like the crews fom: Jersey, New York, Florida, Chicago, Texas, Colorado, Washington, Nor Cal, and So Cal. Also player's from small towns and around the world.

6. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

In Stockholm we have a place called Dragon's Lair (commonly referred to as DL) which is sort of like an internet café and general gaming center (Magic The Gathering, Warhammer and so on), we (as in Stockholm's fighting game community) have a pretty large room there with a large amount of TVs as well as several arcades (SF3: Third Strike back-to-back setup, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Tekken Tag back-to-back and Super Turbo). All of these have been bought by members of the community and set to freeplay.

Every friday the place is open all night until Saturday morning, so a lot of people gather then to play until we drop. All in all I say we play VF about four days every week, if not at DL then at my apartment.

7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    The 'scene' in Helsinki area (which is about 3 active people including me, plus couple who play occasionally) meet maybe one day per two weeks to play offline.

8. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

That's awesome. Just wanted to say, when i was in college, Oklahoma State University, there was a place called the dragon's lair that had trashy looking strippers /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif True story

9. DaBadSeed

DaBadSeed Well-Known Member

that sounds fun

10. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

Fun??? That sounds fucking awesome! You're lucky to have that type of crowd to play with, that's dedication to buy cabinets and set them to free play for the rest of the community. Wish I could have a VF5R cabinet in my apartment.

11. cadorna

cadorna Well-Known Member

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wish I could have a VF5R cabinet in my apartment. </div></div>

I'll sell you mine, I'm tired of playing VF5R...

12. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

Eh?????