1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF Guides for Beginners & Intermediates

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by Leonard_McCoy, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Boyar

Boyar New Member

Yeh, well I've been playing for about a month and a half(on an old DC) and I think the game is amazing(actually I got into it from a vf32x d/l rom), and I've been hooked ever since....
    Its just the DLC I'm working on...
    The last part(on 50hz DC Game) Is ludacrisly uninputable....
    or at least TWIS at the mo..
    but i'll keep trying /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

2. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

Don't, really, DON'T play the 50 Hz Pal Version. Either play it through VGA (= 60 Hz) or get the NTSC Version of the game, which you can load up with a boot disk to run on your PAL Dreamcast. You need those 60 Hz to be able to play the game in 60 frames per second allowing for on-spot command input.

3. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    I respectfully disagree: the 50 Hz pal version is a great way to understand VF! The game runs in slow motion and you can familiarize yoursself with the moves and mechanics involved. For example the yellow flash that appears on counterhit is a lot more visible. Even the sounds are slower so you can learn to hear some moves. Also it is easier to understand why the AI's strategies actually work.

Of course this is a purely one player experience, trying versus matches in 50 Hz is out of the question, everything is too sluggish.

I understand however that might throw off your SP > SDE timing or other various hit-throws.

4. Boyar

Boyar New Member

Gosh!!! U Guys make me seem like an experiment /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif I Want my /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif juggle input, then I wanna /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif,SPod....
    I'm going to get vf5 then (V Xbox 360 Version)

5. Ryu_Niiyama

Ryu_Niiyama Member

PSN:
    Ryu_Niiyama
    Great guides, Leonard, these have been very useful to me.

6. trollainas

trollainas Active Member

Sup leonard, can i translate your guides to Spanish?

7. Leonard_McCoy

Sure, why not.

8. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I'd ask if I could translate them t o Scottish but no one here plays

9. Leonard_McCoy

I've just noticed that there are way more guides out there (e.g. on my blog and on these forums) than are listed in this thread, which I haven't updated in a while.

10. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Link the ones at gameFAQs if you get a moderator to edit your first post please.

11. Krafty Matt

Krafty Matt Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Matt_K
    XBL:
    KraftyMattKraft
    The guide is an excellent point of reference to get started.