1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF in Toronto, Canada?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by MadeManG74, Jul 15, 2013.

1. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

I've just received approval to work/study in Canada, and I'm looking at moving to Toronto for 6~12 months sometime later this year. Is there much of/any scene for VF in the area? How's the fighting game scene in general (I also play KOF)?

2. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

Hey man, I'm not sure if the offline scene survives but some places you should check would be:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/VFCanada/
    http://torontotoptiers.com/

At the very least it gives you a start. There is likely still an online scene but offline is probably hard to come by.

I'm not at all active (at all) in gaming now but let us know when you hit TO, you never know who we can scare up.

GE

3. MadeManG74

Thanks for the help! I might join the FB group tonight to check things out, would be nice even if there is an online scene for VF.

I haven't finalised plans yet, but I'll be back once I'm closer to making the move. :)

4. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    I am moving to Buffalo NY which is not far from Toronto. Would love to find a local spot. Thanks for the links GE.

5. MadeManG74

Haven't seen much activity on the VF Canada facebook page, can anyone tell me if there's at least an online scene? Or if the standard is PS3 or 360 for Canada players?

Hopefully there's at least a handful of people to play, online or offline :)

Oneida, I'd been looking into KoF scene for Toronto as well, and it seems that A&C games hosts a lot of casuals and tournaments, maybe that would be the best spot to scope out offline players?

6. Dollar Yen

Dollar Yen Active Member

PSN:
    DollarYen
    XBL:
    Dollar Yen SRK
    - FYI to any Toronto/GTA Players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VFCanada/ A & C Games installed Final Showdown for their X360s. Perhaps you can get a stick for this and use that if you are not use to the X360. There seems to be a run about to start there on Fridays. Check it out.

7. MadeManG74

Going to bump this thread on the chance that anyone (like me) has a renewed interest in playing the game again after Sega Cup.

Dollar Yen, do you play? I'm there on Fridays usually (or used to be at least), I'd be glad to play some matches with you anyime. :)

8. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    Hey all,

FYI for Toronto VF players: some people are trying to restart a VF play group at AnC games. Haven't settled on a time to play yet, but a healthy number of people are interested, so we may see a resurgence in the scene!

No specific times have been laid out yet, so I'll return to this thread with an update when things are more concrete. In the meantime, you can also monitor the Canadian VF Facebook group mentioned above, as most of the discussion on this topic is likely to unfold there. I'll look forward to meeting any new VF players here in TO!

Kobi and MadeManG74 like this.
  9. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    Looks like we're aiming for next Tuesday at A&C

10. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    In case anyone see this in and didn't already know, there's a gathering at A and C games tonight.

MadeManG74 likes this.
  11. MadeManG74

We are still working through which day to make 'regular'. It'll probably be a mix of Tuesdays and Fridays depending on when most people are able to come down.

12. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    I think everyone paying attention to this thread already knows this, but just in case: Gathering at A&C games for VF tonight (Monday).

Hope to see you there.

13. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    got passports Toronto VF? please come to rumble in the tundra in buffalo this September! pretty sure VF will be streamed if people show up so let's make it GOOD!

14. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    We might be able to make that happen. I'm already trying to see if we can get people to NYG in August.

oneida likes this.
  15. MadeManG74

I'll be going to A&C tomorrow if anyone is up for some games. I'm hoping that Ultra doesn't go full bacterial and take over every setup.

16. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    Russell will make sure we can get at least one setup for VF if we have enough players there. Don't know if I can make tomorrow yet or not. Signs point to no, but I'll update as events warrant.

17. MadeManG74

Yeah let me know, I'll go if at least one other VF'er is going. Worst case scenario I can play some KoF

18. cmase1989

cmase1989 Well-Known Member

LUKKKEEEE! haha just came by this thread. Mondays at A&C for everyone reading this. Theres VF casuals(usually 3 or so setups) and pizza for VF players

edit: EVERY Monday, you may see some people on tuesdays wednesdays or fridays but mondays definately the day to come out for everyone who doesnt already know.

19. MadeManG74

Yep, Monday is Virtua Pizza night!

Now with custom costumes! Captain Canada, lets GOOOOOO!

20. Hui_Xiu

Hui_Xiu Active Member

XBL:
    HuiXiu
    Hey Butter Guy, I'm also in Buffalo. Nice to meet you.

oneida likes this.