1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF Music Vids/AMVs/MADs/CMVs

Discussion in 'General' started by Puno_de_Leyenda, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Puno_de_Leyenda

Puno_de_Leyenda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Seikuken
    After seeing that awesome Sarah music vid that ToyDingo found, I decided to scour the net for more(Especially for Akira)...and I have found gold!

Go forth and share whatever cool VF vids you find!

Blackstar already linked the Sarah vid found by ToyDingo via Twitter, but I'll throw it in here as well with the others.
    Thank ToyDingo for finding that one!:

Sarah's Music Vid:

Jacky's Music Vid:

Akira's Music Vid(Badass! #Biased):
    http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7055524

Pai's Music Vid:
    http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7344378

Lion's Music Vid:
    http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7055652

Wolf's Music Vid:
    http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7344560

celsowm, Jacko, Star Outlaw and 5 others like this.
  2. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Bwahahahahahaha! This is pure gold!

BeastEG and Puno_de_Leyenda like this.
  3. Puno_de_Leyenda

PSN:
    Seikuken
    XD IKR!

Oh! And Akira's vid...Oh boy...

Unlike Ryu from SF, Akira is a boss when it comes to the ladies it seems. lol

BeastEG likes this.
  4. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Only the best from Seikuuuken! Dat wolf vid!

Puno_de_Leyenda and BeastEG like this.
  5. BeastEG

BeastEG Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BeastyEG
    Amazing!

I'm actually impressed how well they capture the spirit of the VF anime (yes...I watched it)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    Puno_de_Leyenda likes this.
  6. Puno_de_Leyenda

PSN:
    Seikuken
    lol Same here bro-I watched that anime too! Although, this is how the anime should have been!

Here's a ton more vids!:

Virtua Fighter x Anime:

Sarah AMV:

Shinobi likes this.
  7. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Must.....find......Vf......anime.......

PoisonKid13 and Puno_de_Leyenda like this.
  8. Puno_de_Leyenda

PSN:
    Seikuken
    Shinobi and ToyDingo like this.
  9. Alimn

Alimn Member

10. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Sweet, I now have something to do at work....that doesn't include working.....awesome!!!

Puno_de_Leyenda and IcKY99 like this.
  11. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Just watched the Sarah vid. Didn't know the VF2 Vocal Tracks had videos. That's awesome!

12. Puno_de_Leyenda

PSN:
    Seikuken
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    BBountyHuntyr and Shinobi like this.
  13. Puno_de_Leyenda

PSN:
    Seikuken
    Some awesome person created this vid, which I presume is a VF 20th anniversary tribute:

Those Akira and Pai combos!:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    Tumbling Dice and Shinobi like this.
  14. Puno_de_Leyenda

PSN:
    Seikuken
  15. Star Outlaw

Star Outlaw Active Member

PSN:
    Star_Outlaw
    XBL:
    Star Outlaw
    Okay, so, question; where exactly did these anime music videos come from? From what I've gathered, it seems like they were all part of a compilation video that was released. The user on niconico who uploaded them has an ending credits video as well. It doesn't seem like there are any more than six music videos, but I can swear that's Dural right at the beginning of Sarah's. I'm wondering if there were supposed to be extra bits between the videos.

Anyway, I'm guessing this AMV compilation was just something Sega produced and released during the hype of VF2 as like an OVA or something, though I just find it weird that I can't find any info on these official AMVs whatsoever. All I know is that they use the image songs from the Dancing Shadows album, which btw was also rather hard to find on the internet.

Sorry if this seems like a rant, but it annoys and saddens me that these things related to Virtua Fighter weren't better preserved and fell into this level of obscurity. I mean, the animation of those vids is pretty sweet. I must upload the rest to youtube and reblog them on tumblr, eventually.

16. Puno_de_Leyenda

PSN:
    Seikuken
    I hear you man-Your guess is as good as mine...I've been searching high and low for the source of these things and have come up empty handed...My guess is that these may have been included on the Sega Saturn version of VF2...but I'm not sure...

If you notice in the credits, they do have pictures of the other characters without videos...Although it does not necessarily mean they have videos too...I tried looking and came up empty handed. :(

It's a shame...They should have had them for all the characters back then...Hell, I'd like to see these animated vids for all the characters up to now!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    Star Outlaw likes this.
  17. Star Outlaw

PSN:
    Star_Outlaw
    XBL:
    Star Outlaw
    Too bad we can't just ask an old school Japanese VF fan who might know. Maybe someone who reads Japanese could translate the credits and get some info that way.

Apparently the song that plays in the credits is actually Jeffry's, so I'm guessing that six is all there is. The other four characters do also show up in Lion's. It's understandable though. The animation is pretty high quality, and all together these music videos are about as long as a typical OVA episode.

But you're right, it would have been great to see vids for every character, even up to now. Honestly, these music videos are pretty much the closest thing this series has to actually showing its story, what with the lack of character endings and cutscenes (as far as the canon story goes, and I did enjoy the anime, but that's not quite canon). Really makes me wish VF did include character endings, like every other fighting game.

18. Puno_de_Leyenda

PSN:
    Seikuken
    So much truth. Honestly, Sega really needs to get with it and realize that story/presentation/design are just as important as gameplay(Not moreso of course)...It's part of the reason why games like Tekken, DOA, SC, etc. tout a much wider player-base/attract more casual gaming folk/anime/manga/comic fans, etc.

Believe it or not, some people are really just into those games for the story/single-player experience.

lol Well, with the recent acquisition of ATLUS(Persona!) by Sega...They'd have no problem getting a great story mode crafted with their help.

Social links for VF6? Akira x Pai or Akira x Sarah? Only 1 waifu to rule them all. :eek:

Star Outlaw likes this.
  19. Star Outlaw

PSN:
    Star_Outlaw
    XBL:
    Star Outlaw
    I'm actually partial to Jacky x Vanessa (and maybe Vanessa x Sarah) :D I will say one thing; due to lack of any story telling, the plot and characterizations are pretty much as good as you imagine them to be. The games never outright say it, but I like to believe Vanessa and the Bryant siblings do share a sort of tight bond with each other. And then there's the little chunks of characterization from the bios, like Goh being Jacky's new rival.

But I think this is getting off topic. Here's a Jacky MV I found a while ago:

20. Puno_de_Leyenda

PSN:
    Seikuken
    Ohohoho-I see there are some other quality pairings out there! XD

I agree with you, the story does hint at Vanessa being connected with them and the Goh/Jacky rivalry too, check out who's chasing who here:

Don't worry, we haven't really deviated too far off topic...It's all relative. lol

Awesome Jacky found that you found! I love the 80's action movie song style they used! Those types of songs get me every time! :)

Here's some more vids-This was Sega's awesome attempt to the capture VF5 series story(Although Jacky's seems to be a rehash of the "save brainwashed Sarah")...In a pachinko game...Variations of these have already been posted in other threads on the forum, with the original poster of them being trollainas:

Akira Story:

Jacky/Sarah Story:

Aoi Story:

Pai Story:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    Star Outlaw likes this.