1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF Poverty Cup vol.4 PSN NA Netplay tourney! 8/24/2014

Discussion in 'PlayStation Network' started by IcKY99, Nov 4, 2013.

1. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Aug. 24th, 2014 - PSN Netplay tournament (NA) 1:00pm PST! (4:00pm est)

This is the follow up to the battle of the impoverished, hearts were broken as bodies crumbled into the bowels of the loser's bracket! Souls shattered over dreams of purchasing DLC and PSN games abruptly ceased to exist. This so called HUNGER GAMES will determine just who really is HUNGRY for the grand prize of NOTHING this time

These are friendly tournaments to bring together VF fans and boost competitive sprit! This tournament is absolutely free to enter and the grand champion receives a $20 PlayStation Store card! All that is required is that you follow the rules and directions as listed.

• North American entrants only! (Sorry to EU/JPN buds but due to latency issues I'm keeping it NA only) Player cap is set to 16
    • Arrive in the twitch page chatroom/PSN group chat 20 minutes before to we begin. If you are more than 15 minutes late you will be DQ'd
    • Matches are best 2 out 3 games. 3 out of 5 for grand finals. Double Elimination 8+ entrants or Round Robin 6+ entrants
    • Matches that are not on stream, will be played via Player match and reported by both players to myself (IcKY) and posted in chat for the mods to see. Matches on stream will be played in the lobby so I can spectate.
    • Character lock. Only loser may switch characters after the first game.
    • DO NOT HAVE THE STREAM RUNNING WHILE YOU ARE PLAYING!! This will only cause lag for you and your opponent and is not acceptable!
    • Wired connections preferred. If that's not possible make sure all required ports for psn are open in your router. And make sure no one in your house is hogging the bandwidth. If there is more than a few disconnections between two players the winner will be decided by forfeit or coin toss
    • Have fun!

Previous results
    http://challonge.com/vfpovertycup1
    http://challonge.com/vfpovertycup2
    http://challonge.com/vfpovertycup3
    http://challonge.com/vfpovertycup4

If anyone has comments or input let me know.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  2. Riq

Riq Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RaWsHaK91
    I Just Registered :). I Hope My Pai Be A Beast Before Then Lol

IcKY99 likes this.
  3. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Don't worry there's still time to practice!

4. Riq

Riq Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RaWsHaK91
    Yea. I Have To Maintain Time With The PS4 And My Ps3 Mainly For Vf Though. I'm Not Going To Abandon Y'all. Lol

IcKY99 likes this.
  5. SNAKE BOSS

SNAKE BOSS Well-Known Member

Sign me up, but remember my computer is down so I will not be able to log on to twitch if that is not a problem.

6. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Sure but you gotta remember to report your scores to me and knowing your "reputation" around here if more than one person is telling me your pulling the plug. Your getting dropped, kapeesh?

Vick Vega and BlackGeneral like this.
  7. SNAKE BOSS

Why would I pull the plug? How many times did I say I have no reason for doing that. Who ever wins wins, lets have fun.

IcKY99 likes this.
  8. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Thats what I want to hear.

OK so far theres 4 people in the bracket

9. SNAKE BOSS

Who are the 4 people? You can add me on psn I am BlackBeltSpartan but you probably knew that already.

IcKY99 likes this.
  10. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Its Riq, Brodiman, You and your best friend Exzety!

SNAKE BOSS likes this.
  11. SNAKE BOSS

Lol, what about you? Also send me a msg like a day before the event on psn.

12. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Don't forget me. :p

Do you really want to invite a banned player into your tournament though?

IcKY99 likes this.
  13. Riq

Riq Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RaWsHaK91
    he will still have a psn either way lol

IcKY99 likes this.
  14. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    I couldn't forget my favorite troll!
    LMAO even if he gets banned by the hands of Exzey, this is not a VFDC sanctioned event, so his ban wouldn't even matter :rolleyes:

Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  15. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    LOL imagine that salty run-back between Exzety and Shit Boss in your tournament. You should pair them up together in the bracket on purpose! :p

IcKY99 likes this.
  16. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    HAHAHAHA to be honest I think both of them would end up playing each other somehow. This idea is tempting...

Oh And to answer sb's question. I will play if all the spots arnt filled. Of course I can't win the prize though.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
    Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  17. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Out of sheer curiosity, why is it called "Poverty Cup"?

IcKY99 likes this.
  18. Riq

Riq Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RaWsHaK91
    People is poor out here. The struggle is real lol jk :D

19. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Since this is PSN which has been referred too as the "Poverty Scrub Network" and plus you know we all didnt want to pay for XBL

MarlyJay, Jacko, BlackGeneral and 5 others like this.
  20. The struggle is indeed real my man...

Riq and IcKY99 like this.