1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF Room Tournament Live Team Edition

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by EvenPit, May 28, 2013.

1. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

VF Room Tournament Live.jpg

Ok, so the purpose of this thread is to explain the format in which the team edition of the VF events we hold are executed. First of all props to Bloodstyle and Craigbot and DigtlSamurai for coming up with something like this, personally I like these better than the original Thursday night events that are done.

"As of right now" on Saturdays at 9pm Eastern time there is one-8 man room hosted by either Bloodstyle, Craigbot, or DigtlSamurai KOF. Everyone is welcome, but know that it is a first come first serve basis, and the room usually starts to fill up before 9pm as a little heads up; sometimes there are off the air warmup matches being held.

Best case scenario, by 9pm the room is full and we are ready to start recording. Team captains are randomly generated by the host(s) using a random online generator and once that is done those two team captains will fight one match for first pick of who they want to be on their team first. This is when the recording starts as well.

Once the 2 teams are formed team captains will then setup a party chat for "their team only" to discuss the order in which everyone wants to go. Once thats decided, you'd proceed to switch back to game chat "not leaving the party you setup or are a part of".

Because of this match-ups will be unknown until your turn to fight comes up. Fights are best 2 out of 3 matches between the participants and the point system goes like this; For every match you win you earn 1 point for your team, so say I fight Bloodstyle best 2 out of 3 matches and he just completely dumps on my head both fights he's earned 2 points for his team.

I'm sure I didn't cover everything about this but this should be enough explanation to get you started. Again I'd rather post this here than to do it on the spot to someone who is new to how we do things on Saturday nights through xbl messages. If there is anything I missed please DigtlSamurai Bloodstyle or Craigbot feel free to add anything that might be important.

Wander why theres never no one in ranked or players match on Saturday? Cause they are all here :p:).

Craigbot, Jay David, KADAJ757 and 2 others like this.
  2. SilentNephilim

SilentNephilim Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SilentNephilim
    XBL:
    SilentNephilim
    I'll probley try to give this a go not this coming Sat but the one after cause I work in the morning. That way I will have time to actually join in the room XP

Craigbot likes this.
  3. Bloodstyle

Bloodstyle Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bloodstyle
    Ok, 1st. The banner is fucking awesome! :D 2nd. Thank you for posting that, ya got it all good. I do not have anything to add to that except that the set's stand alone. Meaning there wont be any "Our total round count is higher!" BS going on.

Ex: Team A wins set 1 7-5, Team B wins set 2 8-0, Team A wins set 7-5.
    Team A won 2/3 sets, and are the winners even w/ the overall final round scores adding up to Team A 14, and Team B 18.

Craigbot likes this.
  4. EvenPit

OH ok great then hopefully people actually read this! At least I know when were running late how tedious it can be to explain all this to someone who just thinks they are in a normal 8man room if they are knew through xbl or if someone has no mic AND cant hear us. Oh that reminds me....

At the very leas if you're new make sure you can at LEAST hear us talking through the mic. i understand if you salty and dont want to talk or are a mute or has laryngitis, strep throat, or any other neck disorders, but you have to coordinate with your dear team members even if it's just to say "Yeah" "No" or "I don't care" so they wont have to send messages back and forth kinda defeats the purpose of setting up the party chat.:p:)

PS: Poster made with Picasa creative kit app for the Google Chrome Browser.

5. Bloodstyle

XBL:
    Bloodstyle
    Well I know its where I'll direct people to instead of explaining the rules ( and if they arent a VFDC member, they can sign up while they here.) ;)

Craigbot, Jay David and EvenPit like this.
  6. KADAJ757

KADAJ757 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    KADAJ757
    We throw down pretty hard and its alot of fun

Craigbot and Jay David like this.
  7. Jay David

Jay David Well-Known Member

Good games to everyone I played in yesterday's impromptu tournament. Congrats to EvenPit on his first W as captain. :)

Craigbot likes this.
  8. KADAJ757

XBL:
    KADAJ757
    Cant wait to get off work to play some VF

Jay David and Craigbot like this.
  9. EvenPit

Lets GO!!! thanks for taking over as host last night for the beginner rooms too idk what was going on with my connection.

Craigbot likes this.
  10. Craigbot

Craigbot Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Craigbot
    This is great, EvenPit :D! Thanks for creating this thread :). Now we can give props to those who enter the team battle tourneys. I'll direct those in the Xbox Live Good Games thread to this one, so they know where to go, the rules and the time we run them. This is a really good time saver.

11. Jay David

Jay David Well-Known Member

Straight up dedication. lol

I wonder if an intermediate room would be of any use for players such as myself...

Craigbot likes this.
  12. EvenPit

Hey I always keep the mentality like "oh I'm just a beginner" that way if I lose then I'm all like OH "I'm just a beginner" :p

Plus intermediate rooms are good to use subs in to get fell of a new character you want to learn or something.

Craigbot likes this.
  13. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk

Is this XBL only or are you coordinating on the PSN side too? If its only XBL, then maybe Banner should indicate that?

14. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I dunno if it was always here, but the thread is currently in the Xbox Live forum. That should be indication enough.

Jay David likes this.
  15. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
  16. Bloodstyle

XBL:
    Bloodstyle
    I thought the "Live" part of it was a giveaway o_O. I dont do a PSN thing, but I'm sure someone on that side wouldnt have a problem setting something like this up for ya'll.

Craigbot likes this.
  17. KADAJ757

XBL:
    KADAJ757
    'I missed last nights tourney but will be doing some training today after work

18. Craigbot

Craigbot Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Craigbot
    That's ok, KADAJ. No tourney was done last night, not much people showed up but at least they message me to say that they couldn't make it. Dgtl had a room last night.

19. KADAJ757

XBL:
    KADAJ757
    Really? Wow

20. I'm gonna have to get a team together to join in on all this goodness

Craigbot likes this.