1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF story

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Kikimaru, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Kikimaru

Kikimaru Well-Known Member

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    The Wikipedia articles are woefully under-done, and there appears to be zilch on GameFAQs.
    So can anyone post/send me the character & tournament "stories" (spartan as they are), from VF1-5(?), please?
    It's for a... shall we say... "project"...

Thanks all
    Kikimaru

2. Poppa

Poppa Well-Known Member

Did I inspire you?

No, no need to clap. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I know, I know, I am really awesome. /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Anyways, sorry, can't really help you. That's where I got my info. It's not like the stories are anything worthwhile. In my "project", I reworked a lot of things. I suggest you do the same.

3. ONISTOMPA

ONISTOMPA Well-Known Member

VF1 & VF2 Stories This should help, the other ones shouldn't be to hard to find.

4. Kikimaru

Kikimaru Well-Known Member

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    ONISTOMPA, thanks, that's what I was looking for -- altho, I now remember how basic VF's storyline is /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Poppa, I only got to read your script now (didn't see it when I first posted /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif ) and I have to admit, it rocks!
    I'll take some inspiration from you, but my mind seems to have gone in a different direction to yours -- chalk that up to VF being very loose & easily interpreted in different ways. I also really have in mind different characters for main roles - more Jacky/Vanessa/Goh/Sarah thrown into the J6/Dural thing, few others... it's hard to explain. Better start writing faster methinks!

5. Poppa

Poppa Well-Known Member

Awesome.

What type of project is it? Comic? Short story?

I know what you mean about the characters. A lot of them don't really have anything to do with the J6 storyline. Jeffry, I'll throw him in (in the sequel most likely /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif) just cause I want that whole "I got a Navy Aircraft Carrier" scene. /versus/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I really need to fix up some of the dialogue and edit my script in general. Some of it is just down right awful in my opinion.

Well, that's what the weekend is for. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Can't wait to read/see your project. I'm really interested in the direction you're going to take the whole VF storyline.

I got to start writing faster too, or else I'll never finish. /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. powerincarnate

powerincarnate Well-Known Member

I think that places like Gamefaqs doesn't have much in the story department because VF's storyline is sooooooo Bad. Mortal Kombat's storyline is decent, i think it's getting abit too comical now but it's still decent. Namco did a fair job with Soul calibur's storyline, especially witth the single player campaign for SCIII, even Tekken did a Fair job, for example, some of the cinematics relating to Heihachi's "death" in Tekken 5. In VF though, you have nothing, There are no cutscense. There are no rivalry matches (ie.. Mitsurugi vs. Taki), there are no elaborate endings. J6, Lau with some disease, Sarah brainwashed??, Jeffery wanting to hunt some shark??? I mean tell Sega to pay me 10 bucks an hour for 2-3 days and I could come up with a better story. Sega simply didn't even try. This IS the worst storyline and the worst attempt at incorporating that storyline in the single player campaign that I've ever seen. So you won't get much inspiration from fans to construct a section on storyline on places like Gamfaqs as a result.

(obviously this has nothing to do with whether the game's gameplay is good or not).