1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF-themed mod of Madcatz VS fightstick

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by Drift, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

I finally got around to modding my Madcatz SFxT VS Fightstick (360 version). I replaced the stock buttons with the new Sanwa clear-rimmed, solid-plunger buttons in the Virtua Fighter color scheme and replaced the black balltop with a black mesh balltop. Internally, I added a "TE Kitty" to give compatibility with a large number of consoles (Xbox360 [stock], PS3, PC [360 mode or Kitty mode], PS1/PS2, Xbox, Sega Saturn & Dreamcast, Gamecube / Wii, NES & SNES, and TurboGrafx-16 / PCEngine. Might even be forgetting some.) Lastly, I put in a "Remora" RGB LED controller board and "ArcEye3" RGB LEDs. I am waiting for a custom "Astro 6" replacement top panel and plexi; Then I will have VF-themed art commissioned for the top, side, corner, and center sections.

To learn more about the TE Kitty, Remora, or ArcEye3, visit the SRK Tech Talk forums. HUGE props to Toodles (gdlk.co) and Purplearms for these amazing electronics. I would also like to thank focusattack.com, paradisearcadeshop.com, tek-innovations.com, and thegamesurgeons.com (Lightning Label Customs) for their services to the FG community.

Stock VS stick:
    [​IMG]

New Hardware:
    [​IMG]

New Electronics:
    [​IMG]

Tools needed:
    [​IMG]

Necessary mod to case interior:
    [​IMG]

After install:
    [​IMG]

LED pic 1:
    [​IMG]

LED pic 2:
    [​IMG]

LEDs in the dark:
    [​IMG]

EvenPit and DigitlSamurai like this.
  2. gns168

gns168 Member

PSN:
    gns168
    XBL:
    gns168
    Nice, maybe I should get some Arceye3 from purplearms !!!

3. replicant

replicant Well-Known Member

Nice stick you got working there, but I still dislike LED mods. =(

4. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    that's one sick mod you got going there. [​IMG]

5. Genesis

Genesis Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    Yay, pretty glowy things!

6. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

7. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

nice mod drift ;) and nice art shinybrentford

not vf themed but here's a silent stick i modded for a buddy today with ps360+ and rj45 detachable cables. madcatz v.s. case is nice to work with.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Drift likes this.