1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF2 pc Akira move help?

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by vflover, May 4, 2012.

1. vflover

vflover Member

Hi all,

I am a new to vf2 pc game and I am playing this for past 3-4 months. I really started liking it and was able to play all characters comfortably except Akira.

I just have a pc with keyboard and I could not make most of the Akira moves using keyboard. I have read some of the guides but most of the guides has a character listing of shundi which my version doesnt have.

Some of the moves like backward bodycheck, bodycheck never worked for me. Any help would be appreciated

2. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

I'm not at all sure how you could have VF2PC and not have Shun. unless it is just the demo.

regarding moves you just really need to be fast and precise. it is hard to do some of the more complicated moves with a KB but not impossible. a lot of times, you just need to really keep at it before you realize the trick.

3. vflover

vflover Member

Thanks for the tip GodEater. I checked the version and it doesnt seem like a demo and mine does not have Shun Di and Lion.

4. GodEater

Screen cap this game for me, please. It more sounds like VF1.

5. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

oh dear, it's the genesis pc port, isn't it

6. vflover

vflover Member

I think it might be vf1.
    I got the screenshots (pls excuse the pic quality as I had trouble getting good quality pictures)

pic1
    pic2

7. GodEater

Yes, this is VF1.

8. vflover

vflover Member

Thanks GodEater. Can you point me to appropriate guide for this version as I am trying to learn akira reversals.

I kinda like Jacky and kage as very easy to play and powerful.

9. GodEater

http://virtuafighter.com/faqshaq/
    this is found in the Vault Sub-forum you're currently posting in.

akira didn't have reversals in VF1. He only got them in VF2.

10. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

aaah i miss vf1. Nice soundtrack and awesome feeling. I used to play the pc version (it was vf remix actually) and there was a help file like windows used to have with all the move list. Altought that the knee wasn't listed correctly.

11. vflover

vflover Member

Thanks for the guide Godeater. It would be great If somebody provide info on all pc versions of vf available. I mean does all versions of vf has a pc version? Where can i download or buy it?

12. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    Dude it's on ebay real cheap. Just thinking buying it myself too. At least Kages pounce hits rather than in Saturn version. :rolleyes: