1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF3 to VF3tb conversion?

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by airthrow, Nov 5, 2016.

1. airthrow

airthrow Member

Hey guys, I have two VF3 vanilla Model 3 boards, I'd like to convert at least 1 of them to TB. Do I just need to burn some different roms, or is there a security chip as well? Has anyone done this? Any tips appreciated!

IcKY99 and oneida like this.
  2. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
  3. cruzlink2

cruzlink2 Well-Known Member

There is no security dongle, you can convert.

oneida likes this.
  4. cruzlink2

Only later games like fighting vipers 2 make use of the security dongle.

IcKY99 and oneida like this.
  5. airthrow

airthrow Member

Thanks for the replies fellas. IC1-4 are maskroms though, do you know what kind of EPROM I need to use? I am guessing 27C322?

6. cruzlink2

I would have to look at my board when I get a chance, it's at my friend's shop right now. I will look at it next time I go there which is this Tuesday coming up I will take pictures of the rom board for ya.

Ellis likes this.
  7. cruzlink2

Promised is debt so here are the pictures. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

beanboy and oneida like this.
  8. airthrow

airthrow Member

Hey, thanks for that! I noticed though you have maskroms for IC1-4, the VF3tb romset has a different rom 1-4 than vanilla VF3...so is your board an official VF3TB conversion and not a homemade conversion?

9. cruzlink2

Official.

10. gamemaster14

gamemaster14 Member

PSN:
    GM14NeoExtreme
    XBL:
    Gamemaster14XIV
    VF3tb has 4 different graphics roms and 4 different program roms. Once those 8 roms are changed, your VF3 Befores VF3tb, I converted my Virtua Fighter 3 Version C to Team Battle.

Found the PM I had sent someone to get the roms burned for the conversion:

(8 roms total):

epr-20126.17
    epr-20127.18
    epr-20128.19
    epr-20129.20
    These are all size 524288.

mpr-20130.1
    mpr-20131.2
    mpr-20132.3
    mpr-20133.4
    These are all size 4194304.

Video of the converted board in action can be seen here:

http://virtuafighter.com/media/game...sega-model-3-step-1-0-real-hardware.949/media

cruzlink2 and oneida like this.
  11. airthrow

airthrow Member

Awesome, can you tell me what kind of EPROMs you used for 1-4? I have a burner and I can follow directions but I'm not the brightest yet about the differences between the roms except I know they have different sizes, haha