1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Evo Goh Combo Search

Discussion in 'Goh' started by LM_Akira, Jul 15, 2004.

1. IronJUNKIE

IronJUNKIE Well-Known Member

[6][6][P]+[G], CD, [P], [2_]+[P], Shldr RM or [4_]+[P], lite Gr. attack or Gr. throw

on Lion, Shun, Lei, Vane, and Sarah

2. O_o

O_o Active Member

here is a combo i invented (atleast i think i did). it is not very affective but it sure looks cool /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[4][P]+[K] (max charged, wall hit) ~ [8] / [2] [K]+[G] ~ ground throw

the oppenent must be a sertain distance from the wall, so he/she bounces back and the [8] / [2] [K]+[G] works

looks sick

3. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

If you want a really sick combo (one which is escapable at almost every stage) do...

[4][P]+[K](MC) [full charge into wall] > [4][6][P]+[K] > [2][P]+[K]+[G] > [4] > [4] [P]+[G]

for 160 damage.

Yeah, good luck attempting to land it in a real situation.

4. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

anything that is escapable at all can not be considered a combo.

5. O_o

O_o Active Member

thnx LM_Akira, but i already know that combo. i've seen the def akira vids. but mine is special, it was invented by me /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. LM_Akira

Excuse me?

Since when did you write the combo book?

What about backstagger combos? They only work if you get your opponent to TR...what should we call them, back stagger quasi-combos?

Is Akira's ST > sgpm > dbpm a combo? I think most players would say yes to that (even though it's possible to struggle the sgpm).

Is Akira's PIT > RBC > dbpm a combo? I think most would say yes, even though it's possible to block the RBC.

What about standard float combos though?...the start up to them can be blocked/evaded/reversed etc...making the beginning part of them escapable. Right? Where do you draw the line saying something is escapable?

7. O_o

O_o Active Member

dude, i think you got me wrong... chill. i said that i invented :

(that i hope i did), cause i never seen it before. i'm talking about THIS paticular combo. dude i dont kno what u thought i said, but no offence... /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Dude - it's you that has it wrong. There's a very fundamental aspect of posting which you are missing here: Check to see who he's responding to!!

It's not hard. Look around. Kinda right in the middle at the top of the post....there ya go.

<font color="yellow">.cheers.</font>

9. O_o

O_o Active Member

i have no idea wats going on here so i will just shut up.

10. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    o_O said:

i have no idea wats going on here so i will just shut up.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Same here.

I'm just saying, a combo means, once the first hit has connected, there is no way for the opponent to escape any of the rest of the damage. so if it can be struggled, then it's not a combo, no matter how effective it might be.

11. Cruz

Cruz Well-Known Member

This is NOT a combo but I thought I might add this in.Try this on Free mode:

(counter)[1][K]+[G] + [6][P]+[K][P] + [K] + ground throw

It refloats Brad and I thought it was pretty weird. The damage is 99 and only works with Brad. Wait for a little bit before you enter [6][P]+[K][P].

12. LM_Akira

Well actually, after being hit into the wall by the full charge of the [4][P]+[K] (and from the right distance) from what I've tested, the stomach crumble [4][6][P]+[K] is a guaranteed follow up. After any of Goh's stomach crumbles you can low throw (or delay and ground throw) tho of course this can be escaped.

The main failure points of the it are essentially needing to get an MC off a fully charged [4][P]+[K] near a wall which is highly unlikely (as it can just be evaded) then the low throw to finish ... and then the Tsukami which can be struggled.

*sigh*

Still, it's just one for show anyways and besides I explained this all on page 1.

13. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

alright alright lets stop hating each other :p.

14. LM_Akira

LOL

No worries. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

15. Robio_kun

Robio_kun Well-Known Member

Hi

I'm no expert so if I am wrong just let me know.

I just thought I ought to mention that [K] on MC has the same effect as [4][P]+[K] fully charged. Also, I didn't mean to do this (actually I was trying o_O's combo but stuffed the direction) but tonight I got MC on [3][K]+[G] because the opponent was recovering from hitting the wall (as in the aforementioned combos), I was able to get the hit-throw to work too. I don't know whether this was a fluke or I was a bit late and the opponent tried to attack or what but if it does actually work then I'm just as proud of my combo as o_O is of his. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

16. O_o

O_o Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Robio_kun said:

Hi

I'm no expert so if I am wrong just let me know.

I just thought I ought to mention that [K] on MC has the same effect as [4][P]+[K] fully charged. Also, I didn't mean to do this (actually I was trying o_O's combo but stuffed the direction) but tonight I got MC on [3][K]+[G] because the opponent was recovering from hitting the wall (as in the aforementioned combos), I was able to get the hit-throw to work too. I don't know whether this was a fluke or I was a bit late and the opponent tried to attack or what but if it does actually work then I'm just as proud of my combo as o_O is of his. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

good to know. and good job /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

17. O_o

O_o Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    vanity said:

anything that is escapable at all can not be considered a combo.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    LM_Akira said:

Excuse me?

Since when did you write the combo book?

What about backstagger combos? They only work if you get your opponent to TR...what should we call them, back stagger quasi-combos?

Is Akira's ST > sgpm > dbpm a combo? I think most players would say yes to that (even though it's possible to struggle the sgpm).

Is Akira's PIT > RBC > dbpm a combo? I think most would say yes, even though it's possible to block the RBC.

What about standard float combos though?...the start up to them can be blocked/evaded/reversed etc...making the beginning part of them escapable. Right? Where do you draw the line saying something is escapable?

[/ QUOTE ]

and i thought you were talking about...

[ QUOTE ]
    o_O said:

thnx LM_Akira, but i already know that combo. i've seen the def akira vids. but mine is special, it was invented by me /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

so...

[ QUOTE ]
    o_O said:

dude, i think you got me wrong... chill. i said that i invented :

(that i hope i did), cause i never seen it before. i'm talking about THIS paticular combo. dude i dont kno what u thought i said, but no offence... /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao man i thought i was getting into fights with out even knowing. sry peeps /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif my misunderstanding

18. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

Yeah I just want to post some of my combos on this post.
    [6][K](C hit), [6][K]+[P][P] 70dmg.

[4][P]+[K], [4][6][P], [2_][6][P]+[K](closed foot only) 70dmg

[4][6][P]+[K], [6][P]+[K], [3][P] like 62dmg note: if opponent doesen't use exact recovery to get up after [6][P]+[K] then the light down attack will connect. Or you can connect with throw. Either way it's hard to get up out of it exactly. The opponent would have to predict that that would happen.

[4][6][K](C hit), [6][P]+[K], [3][P] or throw (open foot only) note: you have to launch the [6][P]+[K] quickly because there is not much time. It's the same deal with the one above, this can be rolled out of using exact recovery but, the timing is tough. I forgot how much dmg it does, but I know that it does more than [4][6][K](C hit), [2][P], [K].