1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Evo TACTICS ADVICE for all characters

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by LM_Akira, Aug 26, 2003.

1. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

Like Maddy says some can stuggle it easier than others. If in doubt always make sure you punch in a [2][P]+[G] throw escape it get out of the situation.

2. Mysterious_Red

Mysterious_Red Well-Known Member

is it possible to connect a youhou, after the standing palm followed by a LP

[4][6][P], [2][P], [3][3][P]...
    i have seen this combo in many akira combo vids, mostly against sarah for some reason (i guess she has long legs, so the youhou connects or somethin /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif) help by anyone will be greatly appreciated!

p.s. i have a video of this is anyone is interested.

3. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

Alot will hit after the [4][6][P],[P] becuase [P] refloats the opponent. It may not work on Char that are heavy and the timing is strick. But I would imagine that some mids will hit. Also, in one of my replays I turned my back after [3][K][G][6][P], low kicked my opp as she started an attack. Therefore it was a counter hit allowing me to connect with SDE, and combo afterward. http://www.crystalbargains.com/Last%20night.wmv

4. LM_Akira

Yes but this has already been covered several times on other threads. In fact Netrom used the combo stpm > LP> yoho > m-dbpm errrmm well about 7 months ago in one of his ace vids. In fact at the beginning of this thread there is a link to an exclusive Akira thread.

This thread is supposed to be aimed at helping players do Tactics Advice or giving them some information about it, for all characters and not just for Akira.

5. Aoi_Mei

Aoi_Mei Well-Known Member

Akira serie [P][K]-SDE cannot be interrupted with [P]--[2][P] like series says, except characters with 11 frame punch.

6. stpROCK

stpROCK Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Maldarak
    XBL:
    Ad4M
    In the last two Daioh movies a Akira-Player ( ive forgot his name) did standingpalm,l[2][P],[3][3][P][d[2_][4][6][P] against Pai with Wall-hit. Im not sure if it works too without the wall, but its surely a nice alternative with a lot of damage. Only Pai, Aoi and Lei are suitable for that combo i suppose.

7. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

The combo is

Open stance only. Light weight combo. Don't require a counter hit. No walls necessary. Just techrollable combo so the dbl palm at the end can be avoided, but even if only the first three part connects, that alone hurts quite a bit.

8. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

and maddy would know cause he plays one bitch made akira /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif (U know I love u baby, but why u gotta make me hurt u)

9. LM_Akira

This can be done against Lion, Lau and Goh as well in some cases but please post things in the appropriate thread. This combo was covered months ago on a specific thread. This thread is aimed at Tactics Advice as the title suggests.

10. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

After some testing, it concluded

The combo works on Sarah, Vanessa, Pai, Aoi, Lion, Kage, Lau, and Leifei.

The ones that doesn't work on are therefore, Jacky, Goh, Brad, Shun, Wolf, Jeffry, and Akira

It's kind of weight dependent but not exactly. Looks a bit random to me.

P.S No more post about none tactics advice stuff here anymore from me, LM_Akira. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Maddy Out

11. LM_Akira

Hehe no worries man /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif its just that people seem to add an awful lot of Akira stuff to a thread that only contains a small amount of stuff for him and is aimed at everyone.

12. stpROCK

PSN:
    Maldarak
    XBL:
    Ad4M
    What do you think of the ability to evade, input triple throw escapes AND a crouchdash for a shoulder ram for example to punish the missed attack of the opponent immediately ( you evade a doublepalm for example ) ?
    Is it possible to input all these things while you evade; do japanese players use such wristbreaking techniques ?
    I choose either evade-throw escaping or evade-counterattack ( mostly these with [3][3] motions ).

13. LM_Akira

Hmm I wouldn't know for sure cos I've not played any but I seriously doubt Japanese players (or anyone for that matter) CAN evade-TE and crouch dash. The most popular response I see in any given situation is evade > counter as it works so fast. With Akira, things like sgpm-DE, dbpm, shrm, stpm and yoho (sometimes) can work well after a fast evade. I suppose you could also try and use P / LP > throw to test your opponents reactions. Creed pointed out a while ago that lots of Japanese players like to dodge as it gets you out of many nitaku situations and leaves you with a window to counter so I wouldn't worry too much about evading a move then using TEs depending on who you're playing.

14. stpROCK

PSN:
    Maldarak
    XBL:
    Ad4M
    Another question! How can u evade rising attacks?? They are imo all ( beside Akiras ) full circular > so they cannot be evaded....but it happens sometimes! Im really sure that i am in range for the rising attack, and suddenly i evaded! I can`t believe its a bug, plz tell me if there is a special technique for that!

15. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

some rising attacks are not full circular.... simple as that

16. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Every character's command list on VFDC has a rising attack section. The class of each attack is also listed. You'll see some rising kicks as MCR (middle circular) which you cannot evade. But you'll also see some as MK (middle kick) or SK (side kick) which can be evaded in either one or both directions.

The type of rising kick is determined by the player's knock down position and which way they roll.

Again, everything you need to know is in the VFDC command lists.

17. stpROCK

PSN:
    Maldarak
    XBL:
    Ad4M
    THX!

Ok, i should have given the command-list-section more attention.....Awesome stuff i have to say.
    In many matchmovies ive seen, Vf-players are rather careful with evading rising-attacks....it could be a rewarding game i think. Even if you have to see how the opponent lies on the ground ( and may delay atacks ) you can do it on reflex...

Moreover i love the possibility to evade risin`attacks, stylish

18. Kagamura

Kagamura Well-Known Member

Your help is greatly appreciated, thankyou.

NAMU /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

19. Valdimiar

Valdimiar Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how to do this vanessa move on a pad with just running and pressing [K].
    [6_][K]
    Are you supposed to do it in a forward dash or crouch dash or somthing?

20. Gorbag

Gorbag Active Member

also it's good to do all tutorials/training for a character. You get your item and see more subtilities of the game. Even if you don't use them, it's good to know it exist.

About evades, it's difficult to find a good use. Against computers, they are so easy, it's not need at all. Against other player, it may be use against frontal attack if your oponent do all the time same thing... still we use to have better ways to counter.

I have a fast question... look like for most character that defending use to give lot more advantage that attacking. Attacks rarely leave you in a non-counterable position, only variation may help. It annoys me some that initiative don't pay more (or maybe there is something I didn't see).

Gorbag