1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Evo Wolf Thread

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Josh_the_FunkDOC, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Hey all, since there aren't any really new Wolf threads and I've just started playing VF4, I figured I should make one for any questions I may have or good tech anyone else may be willing to share. =)

To start off...having read that table of what all the moves are punishable by, does that mean Wolf truly has no safe low attacks? Sounds kinda weak to me, but then I don't know if many other characters have that same problem...

The other thing I'm wondering about for now: The dropkick ([9]+[K]). The only uses I've found for it thus far are punishing whiffed moves from long-range and being (seemingly) his best way to beat low rising attacks. Is there anything more to it?

EDIT: One more issue here. Does anyone know the frames when the Shining Wizard input will register (like how the Stunner only works in frames 17-19 of the kick)? For some reason that move is giving me the hardest time.

Thanks,
    Josh.

2. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Low moves in general are very risky and highly punishable for mostly every character. So it shouldn't be a surprise that all of wolf's low level attacks are highly punishable if blocked or even on a normal hit. Anyways, to answer your question about the shining wizard...

Low Punch Cut
    Execution: 1 frame
    Duration: 14 frames

Input [6][P]+[G] during frames 31~34 during the left arm reversal animation for the shining wizard.

/versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif