1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Evolution Command List Updates

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Sep 28, 2002.

By Myke on Sep 28, 2002 at 6:15 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I've begun adding the <font color="orange">VF4 Evolution Command Lists</font color> to the VF4 Character Sections. Until the official data is released, the data shown on the lists (damage, reversal, notes, etc) are from Version C.

New moves have their names shown in <font color="red">red</font color>.
    Revised moves (i.e. change in properties and/or command) have their names shown in <font color="blue">blue</font color>.

<font color="yellow">All Characters Updated:</font color>

Akira | Aoi | Brad | Goh | Jacky | Jeffry | Kage | Lau | Lei | Lion | Pai | Sarah | Shun | Vanessa | Wolf

The new Evo characters, Brad and Goh, already have their Command Lists available. See the previous News headline for details.

Coming soon: Evolution Counter Tables

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Sep 28, 2002.

1. Adio
      Adio
      I'd apreciate it if you used the data on the "Sarah Evolution thread" I aquired from Sarah.net for Sarah's Evo command list. I've even followed the colour code.
    2. Myke
      Myke
      Cheers Adio, I will.
    3. 3of19
      3of19
      There seem to be some errors in the Lion command list, afaics:

[4][P][P][K], double helix spinning kick: gone.
      [2][1][4][P][P]: Meteor Punch follow up: gone.
      [P][P][4][P], double punch, dodging swipe: gone.
    4. Myke
      Myke
      Thanks for the correction. Lion's list is now updated.

It's very possible that I've missed some moves that were removed in Evo that used to be in Ver.C, so if anyone comes across these or other corrections, please let me know.

Thanks again.
    5. GaijinPunch
      GaijinPunch
      Here's some Shun changes:

[4][P]+[K] after 10 drinks is really a reversal, and an autothrow on successful reversal. Reverses high & mid punches & elbows. No double-fisted. Not sure about half-cresent.
      [4][K] - does not go to down position (DP -1)
      [4][K][P] - Staggers on block, crumbles on MC but follow up isn't that hot.
      HCF[P]+[K] to lie down (haven't tried HCB for handstand - I use the old fashioned way

Drunken Stance:
      [2] & [8] both recover in drunken stance
      [P]+[K][K][P] (this is missing from the list) Looks a lot like [4][K][P] listed above, w/ same properties.

Throws:
      [4][6][6][P]+[G] I think does 60 damage, but can be followed up w/ a small down attack
    6. Adio
      Adio
      Some corrections for Sarah according to the official VF Evo site:

Sarah's fighting style is now described as "Martial Arts". Perhaps the layout of the character data page should display "Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution" instead of just "Virtua Fighter 4" as Evo is the latest version.

[7][K]+[G] is not listed.

On the VFDC Evo command list:

"Sweet Pain" is back to front. It should be [8][4][2][6][P]+[G] or [2][4][8][6][P]+[G] not [8][6][2][4][P]+[G] or [2][6][8][4][P]+[G].
    7. GaijinPunch
      GaijinPunch
      Handstand (as expected) also requires [P]+[K] w/ the HCB.

Also, on the Japense version, [P][P][4][P] is still there -- the CPU did it on me not too long ago.

And finally, AM2 stated they revised their list a few weeks ago, as there were a LOT of errors. Depending on when you transcribed them, there will probably be a lot more corrections.
    8. GaijinPunch
      GaijinPunch
      Aoi Changes:

[4][P] is a crescent (full I think)
      There is no [4_][P] to my knowledge - as holding the lever down will do the same.

If [P][K] get the reanimated blue color, then [P][P][K] should as well.

[4][3][P] Staggers on MC. Does not crumble anymore.
      Tengu Otoshi should actually be "while rising" but is a technicality.
      [1][K] is gone
      [2][3][6][P]+[K] - Crumbles on Sabaki. I believe it only sabaki's high & mid punches (no elbows)
      [4][3][P]+[K] Stomach Crumble on MC (this has replaced the double-stop for all intents & purposes)
      [3][P]+[K] - Low throw guaranteed on MC

Ying-Yang Stance:
      [2][P] & [8][P] = Stomach crumble on mC

Throws:
      [4][P]+[G] is 100% gone
      [3][3][P]+[G] & [2_][6][P]+[G] are both followed by guaranteed down throws
      Reverse Body Flip is now [4][6][P]+[G]
      Low Takdedown has been weakened - no way it's 60 pts - more like 45-50.
      [8][K]+[G] is a ground attack only, and should be moved from the main list to the ground attack list
    9. GaijinPunch
      GaijinPunch
      Maybe a Lion change or two...

[4][P][P] are both mid to my knowledge.
      [3][P]+[K] hits high. It's an eye-poke, so throws them off guard, but isn't quite a stagger -- same as Jacky's eye poke thing

Throws:
      [9][P]+[G] - gone - not sure about the wall version
    10. GaijinPunch
      GaijinPunch
      While I'm at it, Lei Fei changes:

[6][K]+[G] finishes back turned
      [6][P][P] does not go to IN stance
      [2][P]+[K] finishes normal

Probably more, but I'm not a Lei Fei pro.
    11. GaijinPunch
      GaijinPunch
      One quick change for drunken stance:

While [2] & [8] recover normal, [G] recovers with back turned.
    12. Myke
      Myke
      Corrected notation for Sweet Pain. Arcadia listed it incorrectly with [4][P]+[G] as the last command.

Removed redundant [7][K]+[G] for Somersault Kick. Again, Arcadia listed this separately to the [7][K].

Also changed her fighting style to "Martial Arts" and a general evo update to the character pages will be forthcoming.
    13. Myke
      Myke
      Updated Lei's Command List.
    14. Myke
      Myke
      Added 'x' to [4][P] to indicate full circular attack (can't be evaded).

Removed [4_][P].

The change to [P][K] wasn't just the animation. The properties of the attack were revised as well. Her [P][K] used to be half circular (as is the case for most characters), but now in evo it's linear. The evade column now reflects this, and thus the move is highlighted as renewed in blue. Moves that only change in animation don't get highlighted.

Removed crumble note for [4][3][P] and added stagger note. What kind of stagger is it? Standing or falling on their butt (aka Stumble)?

You say Tengu Otoshi should be "while rising" but "while standing" is the commonly accepted term to describe the state of going from crouch to standing. It's also explained in the Legend. Sounds like you're reading a command list for the first time! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif I say about time, too!

Updated Sabaki note for [2][3][6][P]+[K].

Updated Crumble note for [4][3][P]+[K].

Regarding [3][P]+[K] on MC -- guaranteed followups aren't noted in the command list. I believe that will come out when the frame data is released (expect to see +8 or more in the MC column).

Updated Ying-Yang stance attacks.

Removed [4][P]+[G] throw.

Corrected command for Reverse Body Flip throw.

Damage for Low Takedown will be updated when I get official data /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Moved [8][K]+[G] to Down Attack section.

Thanks GP!
    15. Myke
      Myke
      Shun's [4][P]+[K] you say is really a reversal. How does it look when whiffed? Is there a particular animation, or the same as other reversal whiff animations? Some Sabaki attacks don't actually do any damage normally, and I'm guessing this is one of them. Other examples are Akira's [4][P]+[K]+[G], Vanessa's [4][3][P]+[K]. Do you hear the 'scratch' sound when it's successful?

So [4][K] doesn't go to the down position anymore? Weird, 'cos he looks like he's falling down. Does it recover back turned maybe? Both Arcadia, and DoriMaga list it as recovering down, but sega's official site doesn't so I've removed the note.

(Drunken Stance) [P]+[K][K][P] corrected. Arcadia made a typo on this move.

(Drunken Stance) [8] or [2]: from the command lists this does the Drunken Walk. The Drunken Walk (usually done by [8] or [2][P]+[K]+[G]) automatically recovers Back Turned if I'm not mistaken. Are you saying this has changed?
      ________

Corrected Handstand and Lie Down command.

What's Shun's [P][P][4][P]?
    16. SummAh
      SummAh
      In the DVD, it says [4]+[P]+[K] is a sabaki
      Example given was Shun guarding Lion's elbow->lunging *whatever the name of the next move* poke.

After guarding the elbow, Shun can do the sabaki n immediately counter the lunging *whatever the name of the next move* poke.

Also, if u do [4]+[P]+[K] on it's own..it hits opponent n causes a KD.

So how can that be a reversal?
    17. Adio
      Adio
      Regarding Sarah:

[3][K][K] (Mirage Kick) hits twice (Just like the [4][P]+[K] Double Rise Kick). 1/60sec States that both kicks hit high, I'm inclined to agree.
    18. Myke
      Myke
      Ah hah! I was wondering why the command was [3][K][K] yet I kept seeing three hits in various movies. I'll update it now. Thanks Adio.
    19. GaijinPunch
      GaijinPunch
      Lei Fei:

I goofed one on this -- my fault.
      [2][P]+[K] DOES go to the stance. [3][P]+[K] doesn't. Apologies.