1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Jacky Quick Start Guide

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Feb 18, 2003.

By Myke on Feb 18, 2003 at 1:50 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    CreeD has whipped up the Jacky Quick Start Guide faster than lightning! It was written specifically for Virtua Fighter 4 ver.C, the current PS2 version.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Vesuvius
    2. Jacky_San
      Jacky_San
      Its a beaut...maybe I'll give Jacky another try.
    3. Robyrt
      Robyrt
      Good stuff. One recommendation: Tell me how good [4][6][P]+[G] is, don't just allude to throws' awesome power in the other sections. Since basically all my safe moves let me try it on MC, and I can frequently use it alone yomi-style, why isn't it a second-tier move?
    4. CreeD
      CreeD
      [ QUOTE ]
      Robyrt said:

Good stuff. One recommendation: Tell me how good [4][6][P]+[G] is, don't just allude to throws' awesome power in the other sections. Since basically all my safe moves let me try it on MC, and I can frequently use it alone yomi-style, why isn't it a second-tier move?

[/ QUOTE ]

explaining jacky's throws and their value is probably something I should do for the guide to flesh it out. As for why it's not a second tier move... because throws in general are all top tier.

I say "don't always use [6][4][P][G]" because it's a favorite of jacky players from force of habit (since VF2) ... it shouldn't be used as often as [3][3][P][G] but for various reasons it is anyway.

I'll be explaining the throw options jacky has and hopefully later tonight the updated guide will be available (Along with some minor additions and corrections)
    5. Myke
      Myke
      Guide updated.
    6. supergolden
      supergolden
      So where is his elbow, kick canned combo? I don't believe it's mentioned anywhere in the guide... I find it very useful:

#1: If you get an elbow stagger, the kick is guaranteed, right? I like my damaged guaranteed. You could of course go for a throw or a punt for more damage (which are not guaranteed), but the kick knocks the opponent down where you could pounce or press the offensive on tech rollers...

#2: You can delay the kick if they block the elbow... This can be an effective strategy, especially if you mix up what you do after a blocked elbow. Delayed kick should be an option everyone at least considers...

-Alex
    7. CreeD
      CreeD
      from the guide, in the first paragraph of the elbow section:
      ---If you want a small amount of safe, guaranteed damage.. you can watch for the elbow stagger and then simply tap K when you see you got it. The kick comes out fast enough to hit them while they're still staggering.

I don't mention elbow-delay-heelkick (which was a really effective trick in VF2 and 3) because it's been replaced by elbow-backfist, which has a small built in delay. The reason you want to use elbow backfist there instead of elbow-heelkick is that the backfist is special high, so it beats a low punch. The heelkick will lose to a low punch. If you are wrong and the opponent did not let go of guard or attack, you're much safer if the backfist is blocked.

Also, this is strictly a preference thing, but I like having the definite frame advantage that comes from surprising someone with the backfist. If you surprise them with the heelkick, they tech roll ... but if you catch them with the backfist, you have +3 frame advantage and you can force a simple elbow-or-throw guessing game.
    8. supergolden
      supergolden
      Alright I'm an idiot for not seeing the first part...

-Alex
    9. Jerky
      Jerky
      I'm a mad man when it comes to using all of jacky's movelist, but I rarely use elbow heel kick because of the possible death trap of having heel kick defended. Gauranteed combos anyone?

P.S: Go figure this is from a guy that likes to sit there and auto inashi Spod /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif