1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Ranking System Guide & Translation

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Mar 10, 2002.

By Myke on Mar 10, 2002 at 5:37 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Mar 10, 2002.

1. Vicious666
      Vicious666
      I was wondering if you could post the original Ranking guide with the Japanese names as a supplement to the current guide. I'm curious about where monarch, little monarch, small emperor, etc. fit in with the english names.
    2. Myke
      Myke
      Since mao2, the original author of the FAQ, dropped the translations of the Japanese rankings, I too decided not to keep them. The translations left a little (or a lot) to be desired, so I won't be adding them back to the FAQ.

However, since you're curious, here's a list of how they're related:

Japanese Translated Rank -> Official US Rank
      <ul type="square">[*]Little Monarch -> Hero
      [*]Monarch -> Champion
      [/list]
      <ul type="square">[*]lower branch: Expert, Master, Iron Man -> Adept, Master, Grand Master
      [*]upper branch: King, Fist King, Devil King -> Conqueror, Vanquisher, Subjugator
      [/list]
      <ul type="square">[*]lower branch: Demon God, Fist God, War God -> Demonlord, Shadowlord, Battlelord
      [*]upper branch: Wind God, Thunder God, Dragon God -> Stormlord, Thunderlord, Dragonlord
      [/list]
      <ul type="square">[*]lower branch: Grand Emperor -> Emperor
      [*]upper branch: The Emperor -> High King
      [/list]

Kyu and Dan rankings remained unchanged.
    3. Vicious666
    4. sayow
      sayow
      <font color=yellow>Good stuff, Mike! Thanks!</font color=yellow>
    5. Shadowdean
      Shadowdean
      Interesting..
      Hehe...subjugator...For some reason, monty python runs around in my head when I read that...
    6. Guest
      Thanks Myke!!!!!! <font color="blue"> </font color>
    7. Slayer
      Slayer
      Zero999 do you know you replied to a 5 month old topic? /versus/images/icons/smirk.gif
    8. Guest
      I DON'T CARE!!!
    9. redhead
      redhead
      /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif lol
    10. CreeD
      CreeD
      lol I bet he thinks evo is out in japan too!
    11. Slayer
      Slayer
      I wouldn't be suprised he is a dumbass.
    12. Slayer
      Slayer
      And like I said I saw what I saw.
    13. Guest
      Dude shut the hell up!
    14. Slayer
      Slayer
      Yo Zero999 if you talk to a moderater like that your going to get banned.
    15. CreeD
      CreeD
      I was actually thinking of banning both of you /versus/images/icons/smirk.gif

... but seriously, it doesn't work like that. VFDC gives people a LOT of chances, maybe more than they deserve. My comment was maybe a little pointless and smartass, so I'm not gonna jump on anyone's back for questioning it... but it did have a point, while "dude shut the hell up" is pretty much Little Timmy's response to everything.

If anyone thinks I'm being harsh or was a jerk with my 'LOL' post they can always PM me rather than insult me on the board. I'm pretty tolerant of newbieness but myke and I both have a low tolerance for pointless posts and unjustified insults/squabbling.