1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Ver. B: Kage's P+G > DP

Discussion in 'Kage' started by Rolander, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Rolander

Rolander Member

I'm a recreational player who played a smattering of VF4 and picked up Kage from Ramzan's very detailed Kage FAQ (Thx bud, I never woulda picked up Kage without your FAQ). I didn't make the transition into Ver. C or FT well, so recently found an old Ver. B machine to play for fun.

I dunno if anyone found this but since I never read anything like it, while I was jamming on the Ver. B machine, I accidentally found that under certain conditions, I could tag on a DP hit immediately after Kage's std P+G throw!

After the initial surprise, I tried repeated it with mixed success (particularly since the AI will start reversing the most frequently attempted throws). Haphazard trials suggests that the P+G > immediate DP is viable only on the heavier chars (always whiff against Pai and Aoi, but I am certain I connected this once against AI Dural, no less!); either the light chars land too far away to hit, the heavier chars 'bounce' more upon landing or whatever, I'm not a techie ...

The net damage is higher than the normal P+G (Assume P+G=50, then DP hits as float=80% of 30 >> net 74) but I can't be sure about the damage consistancy as it took all my miserable skill to even get this combo out against the AI (success rate ~30%).

Plus, it looks COOL /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Was there ever a discussion about this?

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    Was there ever a discussion about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

This kind of rings a bell but I'm more inclined to think it was in the pre version A version, aka test version? You sure this is ver.B you're playing with?

BTW, your nick looks familiar.. are you an ex-cybertrooper like me? /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif