1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Wolf Combo FAQ

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Jun 17, 2002.

By Myke on Jun 17, 2002 at 8:52 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Mr. White's VF4 Wolf Combo FAQ has been uploaded to the VF4 Wolf section.

Approximately 175 combos, and counting! Check it out!

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Jun 17, 2002.

1. esrion
      esrion
      actually, an extra P(G) between a knee/SS and K,K is possible.

something like this:?

Knee/SS (MC) -- P(G) -- K,K.
      for LWs and up. Lei is no problem, though I'm not sure about Lion or Kage.
    2. MrWhite
      MrWhite
      Cool, Thanks. I'll update.
      BTW, can you think of any extra sequences ? I know there's more..
    3. rosencrantz
      rosencrantz
      MisterWhite,

I noticed you do not have a P,P (G) subcategory under your - Knee / Short Shoulder Combos [N] heading. The P,P(G) followup to the SS is comparable to the P(G),P(G). Below are some combo followups that I have confirmed for SLW and are not QR/TR avoidable:

All combos start with SS, [P],[P][[G]]
      [4_][K]+[G],[K] [62] [2nd kick misses]
      m-SH [71] |Best Damage|
      [2_][P] [57] [you have to be close]

Two others I have not confirmed, but I believe are not avoidable after MC:

Again start with SS, [P],[P][[G]]
      SS [71] [Best Damage]
      [4_][K]+[G],[K] [70] [I think the second kick will hit]
      [3_][P]+[K] [60] [This hits at the same time as the SLW hits the ground on normal hit; on MC should be unavoidable]
    4. rosencrantz
      rosencrantz
      Note that the above hold direction commands were intended to be regular direction commands. Wasn't paying attention to the instant commands colors.
    5. MrWhite
      MrWhite
      Yes, Ive noticed the [P],[P][[G]] situations recently, thx for the work. Ill confirm these.
    6. esrion
      esrion
      cool,here are a few more from TW that I do, and some from Arcadia (Gamest)

1. Knee, P, [2][P],RSH.This is actually for low floating, and it misses LW on MCs. But it's good for Jacky and below. Note that it is hard to okizeme afterwards. Hold forward on P.

2. This is a status combo for wolf users i think, meaning not a lot of extra damage, but very cool.

[4][P], [2][P], [4][P], [4][6][K][G]. closed stance only, LW, LEi and above, I think. The low punch must be delayed for a bit for it to hit. It's the most damage, but only if you can read stances.

3. for sequences: (arcadia had a whole half page on sequences after a wall P+G throw):
      basically, after a wall P+G throw, [4][P]apparently beats out low punches. So Arcadia recommends either using Catch or[4][P]. these two options would beat out everything except a crouching opponent doing nothing.

4. maybe add a section on low punch cut in the sequences? (but then again, evo is coming soon.....)
      there are a lot of HPs in JPN which mention it.
      low punch cut after [2_][K] is a good example.
    7. ReCharredSigh
      ReCharredSigh
      hey white; know how i promised you help? eh, i can't really do much, looks like you've pretty much got it /versus/images/icons/grin.gif , but i have just one tiny tip;

might want to list which combos enable you to recover before your opponents so that you can pressure those who try to QR/TR; and for that matter, list what can be used to punish those who do QR/TR.
    8. MrWhite
      MrWhite
      Good info. As before Ill do a revision of the FAQ but it'll have to wait a week or two as I have obligations. Nice to know someone can get Arcadia info /versus/images/icons/smile.gif.

SIgh, good idea, I'll add some sub-categories to the "sequences" section. Now all I need is time..
    9. wasted
      wasted
      Mr. White, another Montrealer VFer.
      I'm new to these boards, and i found these Wolf combos to be pretty usefull, it helped me varry my combos starters.
      CHARGE [P]+[K], [4]+[K]+[G], [P]+[G]..... chop, toe kick, Stunner
    10. PokeSephiroth
      PokeSephiroth
      here is a wolf combo that does 162 damage...

|MC| b,f+P(charge it all the way)....f+K......b,f + P+K....d + P+G.....PPfP.....

this works only in levels that have UNBREAKABLE walls...(actualy, the palace level doesnt work either) at the starting positions for every round tho...
    11. PokeSephiroth
      PokeSephiroth
      and yes, for the ppl that go to GameFaqs, im the same person who made this topid over there.
    12. CreeD
      CreeD
      The wolf combo faq is for (Believe it or not) combos.
      It's not really meant for patterns you can use to beat up newbies or the computer. By that definition, you could call d+P, throw, knee, P, knee, throw, d+P, knee, throw, throw a combo.

The combo stops at the ground pickup, which can be TRed or avoided by rolling normally. The opponent can block the PPf+P after the pickup.

Keep digging tho, maybe you'll find one that was missed.
    13. Pai_Garu
      Pai_Garu
      PokeSephiroth, the pattern you listed is NOT a combo. Here is how you can determine if it's combo or not. Go into practice mode and turn on Recovery for the computer. Do what ever patter that you think it's a combo and when the computer stands back up, the combo ENDS there.