1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Final Showdown Console FAQ

Discussion in 'Console' started by akai, Feb 29, 2012.

1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    If there are questions not addressed that people think should be included, please let me know. I will update and organize the FAQ as time goes by.

1. When will VF5FS be released for console?
    Officially announced for June 5th-6th as a download only game through PSN and Xbox Live Arcade for the PS3 and Xbox360 (Updated: 14-May-2012, Ref #10)

2. Do I need to have the original VF5 game to play Final Showdown?
    VF5FS will be a stand-alone title. You do not need to have the original VF5 game to be able to play VF5FS.

3. How much will VF5FS cost?
    Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown will be priced at $14.99/ £9.99/ AUD$18.25/ €12.99 for PSN and 1,200 Microsoft Points for XBLA. (Updated: 14-May-2012, Ref #10)

4. What is the size of the game? (Updated: 14-May-2012, Ref #1 & #6)
    Based on Sega of Japan VF5FS console website and a Famitsu issue, one can assume the game by itself should be at most ~2GB in size.

5. Will a demo of the game be available? (Updated: 7-Mar-2012)
    • It was announced and confirmed that a demo of the game will be available on the Xbox 360 through Xbox Live. A demo is not expected for the PS3 version (Ref #3).
    • Actual date for the demo release: TBD.
    • In the United States, a demo of the game is expected to be available for play in major fighting game events (Check VFDC periodically for updates). In addition, San Francisco will have the Version A arcade game available to play in a monthly tournament at South Town Arcade (before console release).
    6. What are the main differences between VF5 (console) and VF5FS?
    • Jean and Taka are the two new characters in the game.
    • More variation to size and shape of the game stages.
    • Two additional costume choices (E and S)
    • All characters' move lists went through major revisions.
    • For more detailed description of the game system change - please check the Arcade section of VFDC (VF5FS System Changes - note that thread is written in context to changes from VF5R - Outdated VF5 R and FS directory). Finally, check the VFDC Dojo Forums for the newest information for VF5FS system and characters.
    7. What are the differences between the console version and arcade version? (Updated: 14-May-2012, Ref #7 & #10)).
    • Currently, VF5FS in the arcades is Version A-Revision 1. The game system for the console will be identical to the arcade at console release date. Discussions are being made on whether the console game will get patched if arcade version of the game gets updated.
    • The arcade features a single player mode call "Knockout Trial" that will not be in the console version (have other single player modes).
    • "99.99%" of customizations from arcade will be available in the game (Japanese specific items not included).
    • Dural is playable as an unlockable character within the game
    8. What features will be in the VF5FS console version?
    • Training Mode similar to VF4:Evo Training Mode
    • Console exclusive "License Challenge" Single Player Mode - clear special challenges such as "all moves can be canceled", "half weight gravity" and "opponent health doubled" and get a special license. (Updated: 1-Mar-2012, Ref #1).
    • Character Select Screen - Button Configuration (Updated: 1-Mar-2012, Ref #1).
    • Character Select Screen - Random Character Select (console exclusive) (Updated:1-Mar-2012, Ref #1).
    • Online Mode features 8 player lobby rooms
    • Online Mode features spectators (Updated: 1-Mar-2012, Ref #1).
    • Online Mode features replay saves and upload feature
    • Over 14,000 plus items will be available to customize characters as DLC(Updated: 1-Mar-2012, Ref #2).
    • Game menu shown: (Updated: 27-Mar-2012 Ref #4 & #5)
      • Single Player
        • Arcade
        • Score Attack
        • License Mode
        • Special Sparring
      • Offline Versus
      • Online Battle (PS3) or Xbox Live Battle (360)
      • Dojo
        • Tutorial
        • Command Training
        • Free Training
      • Terminal
        • Customize
        • Replays
      • Scoreboards (PS3) or Leaderboards (360)
        • Rank
        • Friends
      • Achievements (360)
      • Help & Options
      • Download Content
    • Training mode reveals(not present in VF5/new to VF5FS): (Updated: 8-Apr-2012, Ref #4 and #8)
      • Record mode: Up to 3 actions may be recorded and played back.
      • On screen display: attack damage, execution, frame advantage/disadvantage, and evade directions (using icons)
      • Combo practice: much like command practice, there was a combo practice element within Training mode. The combo demo'd was Jacky's [4][P][+][K] -> [3][K][P][2][K][K].
      • CPU Reactions to Practice Hit Checking - "Normal Hit or Counter Hit" / "Guard or Normal Hit" / "Guard or Counter Hit"
      • Stage Select - In VF5FS you can practice in all the different stages not just the Training Dojo stage as in previous VF games.
      • Misc New Options - "Mimic" as a CPU State and "Backdash" as a CPU Reaction.
    9. How many of the items will be included in the game?
    Except for the default costumes (A and B), all items will be sold separate from the game per character or in character packs. Each individual character have ~600-950 items (this number includes color swap items) (Updated: 30-May-2012, Ref #10)

10. How much will the DLC items cost?
    Character customization DLC packs will be available immediately upon launch for all 19 fighters individual or as two discounted bundle packs. The two discounted bundle packs, consisting of nine characters' worth of DLC items and the other with 10 characters' worth, will be available at launch for $14.99/ £9.99/ AUD$18.25/ €12.99 each on PSN and 1,200 Microsoft Points each on XBLA. Each individual character customization pack costs $4.99/ £3.59/ AUD$6.25/ €4.49 for PSN and 400 Microsoft Points for XBLA, and will contain 600-950 customization items. Note: Items can be equipped immediately after purchase. No need to unlock them in-game. (Updated: 15-May-2012, Ref #11).

11. Which characters are in each discounted bundle pack?
    Item Set #1 Bundle Pack - Akira, Sarah, Kage, Wolf, Lion, Aoi, Brad, El Blaze, Jean
    Item Set #2 Bundle Pack - Pai, Lau, Jacky, Jeffry, Shun, Lei, Vanessa, Goh, Eileen, Taka (Updated: 15-May-2012, Ref #11).

12. If I do not purchase a DLC item will I still be able to see the other player's customization?
    If you don't own a specific character item data, you will not be able to see the customization during online play. (Updated: 15-May-2012 Ref #1 and #11)

13. Are customize character profiles transferable (for example on a USB stick)? (Updated: 8-Apr-2012, Ref #7).
    Customize character profiles will not be portable.

14. Are background music from previous games in the VF series found within the console version?
    Yes, music from all previous VF games will be present in the console version. At least 4 music options was seen in the console version -- Default, Type A (VF5 and series), Type B (VF1), and Type C (VF2) were listed in the Settings option. (Updated: 8-Apr-2012 Ref #5 and #7)

15. Will customized introductions be in the console version of the game? (Updated: 14-May-2012)
    It is currently not known if this feature of Arcade VF.net will be incorporated into the console version of the game.

16. Will there be a Quest Mode? (Updated: 14-May-2012, Ref #1, #4, & #5)
    There will not be a "Quest Mode;" however, there are new single player modes - License Mode and Special Sparring Mode.

References
    1. VF5FS Official Console Site (VFDC thread)
    2. Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown: Screens, Details and Official Site (andriasang.com article)
    3. VF5:FS demo at Final Round this weekend (VFDC thread)
    4. VF.TV LIVE channel (originally was a USTREAM live broadcast of current PS3 build) - Youtube version of Episode 19
    5. NorCal Regionals Side Tournament Stream (Westtrade)
    6. Famitsu Interviews Murayama and Egami
    7. Southtown Arcade 1.2 Stream
    8. Pax East Stream - Shidosha
    9. Sega Blog - Evo 2012 Announcement
    10. Get Ready! VF5FS Hits Console on June 5th-6th
    11. AMCVT Blog Entry #8

2. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Updated the FAQ with today's new info.

3. Grabczas

Grabczas Well-Known Member

I quoted this FAQ on my local fighting games forum, I hope that wont be a problem for you akai? There is ad notation that you are the autor.

4. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Probably best to add a link to the original page (this one) for referencing sake.

5. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    No problem at all. Thanks for helping to spread/share VF information to others.

Edit: Stickied

6. Grabczas

Thanks [​IMG] Like i said i want grow Polish VF Community right now and right now will be the best moment ^^

7. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Good stuff. We need more players in europe. I hope you manage to get some new players into it. [​IMG]

8. Grabczas

I'm not only looking for new players (im kinda fresh after all) but also i need find the most experienced one. I already have contact with Griever so i think we'll manage to make tournaments in Poland [​IMG] And i hope online will let me play with people from all over the europe and not only [​IMG]

9. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Update FAQ with the demo / playable versions of Final Showdown info. New updates to FAQ in red, old updates will be same color as normal text.

10. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    FAQ updated with a couple of juicy reveals shown on VF.TV Live tonight!

Training mode Record and Playback? Combo practice? Say whaaaaaaa?

11. Genesis

Genesis Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    Say, "Yay."

12. Kikimaru

Kikimaru Well-Known Member

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    Anyone know if all costumes are included in the base price?

I don't really care for the DLC items but I don't mind them (just boring cosmetic bits to me).

13. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    I assume that all 6 costumes will be included in the game download. They were unlocked from the arcade game by playing the single player modes (I assume the "knockout trial mode" single player mode will be available in the console).

14. Coroo

Coroo Well-Known Member

so small question, i noticed quest mode missing, i'm thinking that license challenge replaces the whole thing?

15. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    There has been no official announcement in regards to all the Single Player modes that will eventually be available.

16. Coroo

Coroo Well-Known Member

ohhh. alright gotcha. making sure i didn't want to get down about it not being apart of the game. i'm still holding out hope for something that's a hybrid or more vf4 evo based when it comes to quest mode. ^_^

17. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Even if Quest mode is not there any more. It's been done twice already. Let them try something new?

18. Genesis

Genesis Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    I can agree with that, although I think we'll always get something somewhat similar to Quest Mode (whether or not it could have an actual story is another subject, entirely).

19. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

This game is gunna be so good, cant wait for the XBL demo.

20. Kenshearer

Kenshearer Active Member

PSN:
    Kenshearer_VF
    I know it may seem like a cheeky question, seeing as Sega have been cool enough to release the game, but has any mention been made about the soundtrack for console version? I'd be super grateful and pleased with just the FS tracks, but seeing as we haven't had a console version since vanilla C, we've sort of missed out on the R OST and it would be nice to see it included.

I realize that's a bit like asking for pudding when you haven't even started your turkey dinosaurs.

VF5R Snow Mountain track is sick.