1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Final Showdown Console FAQ

Discussion in 'Console' started by akai, Feb 29, 2012.

1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    VF5FS is intended to be played on 720p; however, there is an option to upscale it to 1080p. From player's experience at UFGT8, one of the setups were set to 1080p = and that resulted in noticeable latency to some of the players.

Edit: I should update the FAQ again, as questions like these have been asked multiple times and answered already (or will people just ignore the first post again?).

2. Koga316

Koga316 Member

So...what is this Special Sparring Mode? I was only able to afford the $15 version this week. so I dont have any DLC. Is it like Quest Mode from Vanilla?

3. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Seeing how the same questions are being asked over and over, I will try to update the first post in the upcoming days with those questions.

4. def

def Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the answer is yes but anyone else notice item win poses ARE in the game, I was using Sarah with a gold ball item and after i won, she kicked it.

5. Genesis

Genesis Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    Yeah. Very pleased to see the victory poses reacting to items as we'd all hoped.

6. Chestnut_Bowl

Chestnut_Bowl Member

Is there a list of what items change the victory poses? I only know of Eileen's extending monkey stick.

7. synapse

synapse Well-Known Member

What I mean is, on Xbox, vanilla played on 1080p iirc. I could swear SF4 too. It seems both play on 720p on PS3 and I really don't get why, if the PS3 is supposed to be more powerful.

8. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    It was upscaled to 1080p. It was natively 720p. This could cause some slight latency.

EDIT About topic, you should mention what the default music setting means. Does it mean it goes thru all the music or just FS music?

9. synapse

synapse Well-Known Member

I think it's just FS music, just like the arcade.

Playing with VF2 music is amazing, by the way [​IMG]

Uhm... How can I upscale VF5FS then?

10. def

def Well-Known Member

So far for what i saw for Sarah's item win poses:
    -Broom
    -Gold Ball

11. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
  12. Hououin_Kyouma

Hououin_Kyouma Active Member

It's an old myth, since ps3 has a crappy nvidia gpu, not the one they were developing to ps3, but the one they put on as the final product, after being treated by microsoft on turning things difficult for them on windows... turns out ps3 has a really powerfull cpu and a huge bottleneck.

13. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

How do I set which two costumes per character between a-s I want to use?

14. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    You dont actually set the A,B,C etc types, but you can customize a number of costumes (only one costume per slot, but you can have like five costume A's etc) and choose them from the character selection screen by scrolling to the character and pressing X.

And I dont actually know is there any customization going on if you didnt get the DLC.

The customization menu is slightly counter-intuitive, but once you figure it out its much better than the old one. I dont even know whats the maximum amount of costumes per character.

mini guide:
    -> terminal -> customization -> choose character -> new costume -> edit it the way you like -> save and exit -> change the name of the costume how you like (on xbox cant have space in the name, on ps3 you can. Huh) -> back -> one costume done. Then repeat for other characters or more costumes for the same character.

15. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Then what is the setting that goes thru all the music? I dont think I see it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Uhm... How can I upscale VF5FS then? </div></div>
    Your console does it automatically depending what display setting you set on your console. In the case of vanilla you could get rid of the slight scaling lag if you set it to 720p (the native one) so there was no scaling needed. I dont know whats FS's native resolution, is it the same?

16. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    lol, that's awesome. Thanks [​IMG]

17. DepressedHippie

DepressedHippie Active Member

Is there a mode that allows you to fight against your own customizable characters. I know about "Special Sparring" But is there a way to customize that to allow you to go against your pimped out creations? If not, I may just pass on buying the costumes.

18. ZaFuuru

ZaFuuru New Member

Hi guys, can I see everyone's costumes if I buy just a single character's costume pack? Do I need to buy all the packs in order to see my opponent's costumes?

19. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Yup you do, it's downloaded to your HD.

20. Sidna7

Sidna7 Well-Known Member

I don't believe there is, but if you like being creative there is definitely enough here for hours of customization fun. I've been pimpin characters that I've never touched before, and actually using them just to see their special item win-poses.