1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Final Showdown Console FAQ

Discussion in 'Console' started by akai, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Thanks! [​IMG]

2. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

i had no idea where to put this but I foudn this VF5FS interview on one of the gamign sites i visit (foudn it on N4G.com)

3. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    They really did an awesome job with this game and all it's features off and online.

I'm so anxious to play this game. At the moment, i'm really looking forward to the single player modes while learning this game. Then off to the player matches ^-^

4. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    Don't you mean Rank Matches? =)

5. Katsuro

Katsuro Well-Known Member

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere in the FAQ on the front page of this thread - does anyone know if the DLC items are available to use immediately after purchasing or do you still have to unlock them in-game too? I hope the former, I'd rather have to unlock everything or just pay for everything, not both.

6. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    DLC is available to use immediately. You do not need to play the game to get in-game money or anything to purchase the items you paid with real money.

7. Katsuro

Yay. I just keep hearing more and more good news about the console version. Well, apart from some characters losing some of their throws from Vanilla; I've always loved VF's throws so for me that sucks. But I can handle it, I think.

I know some people probably wanted the DLC to have to be unlocked too, and I can understand why. But as I said I just personally think one way or the other is better than both ways together.

8. Katsuro

Just thought of another question that's not in the FAQ - it says all the previous games' BGMs that were in VF:FS Arcade will be in the console release, including the BGM from VF2. Does that include the remixed versions of those themes from the Saturn version or just the originals?

9. Gelf

Gelf Member

Also on the BGM, does anyone know if we can select music on a per stage basis? The FAQ makes it sound like you can only change the soundtrack in its entirety. I'd rather mix things up and have for example VF2 music for Akira and VF4 for Lion etc.

10. Coroo

Coroo Well-Known Member

while i'm hoping for something like that in the stage select area, i'm pretty sure their going to stick with what's on the front page, and have a menu to switch between the different entrys in virtua fighter. Set A~D, i believe? anywho. i'm hoping to see the VF5R stages in this also but i'll just keep hoping :p

11. Tiripsem

Tiripsem Well-Known Member

You aren't the only one :p. Jeff, Aoi, Shun, Eileen, and Kage's R stages were absolutely amazing and well made. I would pay out the nose to get VF5R stages at least as DLC

12. mahmood1982

mahmood1982 Well-Known Member

this 2 lines, killed VF5FS for me... i am OFF

13. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    You already said fuck FS on the 3rd page of this thread with no quest mode and now you're at it again?? Nobody cares if you don't want to get FS seriously dude gtfo.

14. LostCloud

LostCloud Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Lost_Cloud_VF
    XBL:
    Lost Cloud86
    Do we know yet if you can switch characters/stages after a match in Player Match online? I can't seem to remember if Frank has said anything about it yet.

15. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

I actually hope you can't switch. I love the rapid-fire nature of VF5's player match. It's just constant action; as soon as it ends you're already onto the next match.

16. def

def Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the PS3 version has custom soundtrack, i know it is possible with every 360 game.

17. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Is there any word on a feature to set the CPU to perform certain moves a lot? I remember that some game had a training mode where the CPU could be set to have an emphasis on throws and maybe other stuff.

18. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    I was just thinking that would be really cool if you could do that at the main menu. Pick x version of song for each stage. Or even random ^_^

We shall see.

19. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Will there be online item battles!? I will hurcarana an infant for new shoes.

20. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    All new items are from purchasing DLC and that's that. You can't get new items from online battles, quest mode, etc.