1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Final Showdown Console FAQ

Discussion in 'Console' started by akai, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Buy that shit, go go go!

Depends on what you want from the game I guess, if you're going to play single player only and stick to Sarah then I suppose getting anything more than Sarah's item pack would be a waste.

If you're going to play online it might be worth buying the whole bundle so you can see other players outfits?

2. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    There are no items in the base game.

You only have the default A-S costumes. If you want to see customisations from other people you need to have the specific character pack because the data needs to be on your hard drive.

So yes it's better to just buy everything especially if you're not double dipping.

3. def

def Well-Known Member

all right then, so all together i will be paying $45, but for the benefit of the doubt let's just say $50. Still cheaper than paying for a retail copy and this is a game i would not mind paying a $100 for.

4. fairchild

fairchild New Member

Hi all, longtime lurker - first time poster. Really happy for the release of FS.

Pretty sad about no quest mode though - is there any information about how the items are actually released or is it basically once you purchase the DLC you have instant access to all items?

cheers.

5. def

def Well-Known Member

i have another question, will there be any mode similar to kumite mode like the one in VF4 (original), basically is there a mode where u can fight an endless amount of opponents?

6. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    You will have instant access. The question was asked more than once, so I made a small note of it in the FAQ.

7. Tiripsem

Tiripsem Well-Known Member

My guess is that Special Sparring Mode, which I don't think has been elaborated on, will be something akin to Quest. Endless AI's to fight with different styles of play.

8. LegendaryHero90

LegendaryHero90 Well-Known Member

Special Sparring - what is it???

9. Coroo

Coroo Well-Known Member

knowing me my plan is to support sega on both consoles i guess, so buy everything there is to buy so that huge pack of items, is going to be a must for me since i play with more then just sarah, there's pai,vanessa,aoi,kage,lion then jacky XD so yeah i may dibble and dabble into other characters and this'll help ^_^

10. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

For some reason, I thought XBLA games were released on Tuesdays, just like every other kind of video game... Am I wrong about this assumption or is there a specific reason why FS comes to XBOX a day later, on Wednesday? After this long, I can obviously wait one more day, but I'm just curious if anyone has some insight into this.

I also wanted to make sure it will, in fact, be released on Wednesday cause I have to tell my boss the days so I can take the rest of that week off of work to play. I don't want to miss a day of furious VF playing if I can help it.

If anyone knows, I'd appreciate your wisdom...

BTW....

I still can't even believe we're actually about to get this game in real life--not just my imagination. After longing, begging and petitioning for so long, the VF gods have taken pity on our mortal souls and have answered our prayers!

Seriously though, thanks to Myke (for pretty much everything cause we wouldn't have ANY of this without you; I truly believe that), and thanks to everyone here who signed the petition and kept the hope alive in the darkest hours. I can't wait to talk to some in-depth VF strategy with you guys again, it's been way too long!

Can't wait to see you all online!

11. Coroo

Coroo Well-Known Member

i second that

12. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza

Xbox Live Arcade games normally become available for download on Tuesday nights around 11pm PT (2am ET on Wednesday). I don't know why that's the case, though.

Kruza

13. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xX_SETTRA_Xx
    XBL:
    xX SETTRA Xx
    Sony is pretty anxious to get the PSN ahead of XBL, and getting Digital Releases/DLC earlier is part of that.
    Even ME3 was availible 1 day earlier at the PSN, and I guess that wasnt cheap.
    But we´re talking over VF, so I dont know how likely it is that Sony cares about getting it before MS~

14. dkn29

dkn29 Member

PSN:
    dkn29
    XBL:
    dkn29
    In my experience (and most recently with Skullgirls) XBLA games don't come out until 2AM PT (5AM ET on Wednesday).

15. Gernburgs

I think you're onto something here actually. Sony probably figures there's enough people out there with both consoles that they're hoping to gain an edge by getting it one day earlier. They also must feel that a large number of those people will only buy the game on one console or the other.

See y'all on XBOX!

16. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    You guys are really looking too much into how XBLA and PSN schedule new updates.

XBLA has always released new stuff on Wednesdays. Sales have been known to start on Sundays but they are mostly fall on Wednesdays and last for a week.

PSN originally debuted things on Thursdays, they changed it to Tuesdays years ago. I think sometime around '08 -'09. Now that I recall, I think Sony changed the date so that new material wouldn't fall on Thanksgiving Day which in the US is always the last Thursday of November.

17. JackyB

JackyB Well-Known Member

XBLA use to update on Friday, then moved to Wednesday to get ahead of PSN in which Sony responded by moving up to Tuesday. Nintendo remains Monday and all of it remains irrelevant. Get the game when its out for your system that is all.

18. Gernburgs

I was asking more so I know whicj days to take off work, that's all. No big deal.

I'm probably going straight into customization mode before I do anything else. I can't even wait to see how cool I can make Goh look while he kicks ass. Just the menu alone looks so awesome and detailed with all the body-areas you can outfit! So glad SEGA was cool enough to include all of the items, that decision was definitely the only way to go

19. agony

agony Member

Except in Europe, where all PSN updates are on Wednesday.

20. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Aye, PSN always seems to update at a random time as well, like they don't have a specified time for the update. XBL always seems to update fairly early in the morning so I guess it'll hit the 360 first for the EU.