1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Final Showdown Console Features

Discussion in 'Console' started by Myke, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    So it's official! Final Showdown is coming to PS3 and Xbox 360!

Let's use this thread to keep tabs on any console features we'd like to see included. Please note that this is not a petition. The purpose of this thread is purely to collect feedback from the community and if, only only if, an opportunity arises to table these suggestions to SEGA, then this thread will help with that effort.

I will update this post on a periodic basis.

VF5 Final Showndown Console Feature Wish List

Dojo/Training
    • Record and Playback in Training Mode (similar to VF4 Evolution, with multiple action playback)
    • A VF4 Evolution style Tutorial mode - We feel this is really important for the game, new players would struggle less adapting to Virtua Fighter.
    • A VF4 Evolution style Challenge mode, where the play can attempt combo exercises and challenges. Similar to Virtua Fighter 4 Evo
    • In game replay channel, where players can upload/share replays. Or an option to upload straight to youtube.
    • Quick way (or automatic like SSFIV) to save replays during online matches similar to VF5 online but include the gamertag/character names in the name of the replay file automatically.
    • Online lobbies (with configurable lobby size) + spectator mode.
    • Online netcode similar to VF5 online or better.
      The ability to win items, orbs, vf money/points etc. during online matches. Some single player exclusive items are welcome.
    • Play single player modes or Train while we wait for online matches, similar to SF4's Fight Request option.
    • Better matchmaking, including options to set connection requirements and stricter punishment for cable pullers (disconnection counts as a loss/demotion)
    • The option to set up Tournaments and team battles online.
    • Rank for online modes tied to individual character profiles instead of gamertag/psn i.d with option to create individual character profiles, similar to VF5 on PS3 and 360 - This will allow us to better judge our progress with individual characters.
    • Character/Stage select option after each match or just straight into a rematch.
    • Add a prompt when first playing online, asking if the player would like to view/complete tutorials before playing online.
    User Interface
    • Twitter/facebook Integration: for milestones in Quest mode, or ranked online, etc - similar to the Japanese Arcade feature.
    • Subtitle options for Japanese speaking characters and the commentary.
    • Japanese/English commentary and the option to toggle on/off.
    • Viewable stats, like hours played, character usage, amount of matches played etc.
    • Friendly/easy button configuration (e.g. at character select screen, drumming inputs, link to profile)
    • Full replay features from the arcade, including the various displays like the one that shows the frames.
    Other
    • Improved AI
    • VF5R stages
    • Features from the arcade like individual icons during online matches and the custom player intros. The custom player intros should be able to be toggled on/off or only shown during replays.
    • Items from the arcade version, including ones released in the arcade after the home port. These can be made available as DLC packs, for a price if necessary.
    • Portable character saves (via memory card or USB) not tied to gamertag or PSN I.D, so we can use our characters at gathering tournaments.
    • The option to choose past VF music for stages like in the arcade version of VF5R and FS.
    • Interviews and replays from top japanese players, subtitled if neccessary.
    • Option to change camera angles during replays, including free camera.
    • AI training mode, similar to VF4 console port.
    • Story Mode Feature
    DLC
    • Full DLC support, including item packs and revision updates from the arcade released after the home port.
    • Any of the above features listed are welcome as DLC if they aren't possible to add in time for release.

2. wir30

wir30 Member

there should be up to 12 recptients/characters jus in case we start an tourment

3. samtheseed

samtheseed Well-Known Member

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    Syzygy said that Sega recognizes the significance the EVO style training mode could do to boost the community. That's a good sign. Does anyone know if he was asked about the custom intro movies before each match? I'd like to see that if it's possible

4. wir30

wir30 Member

he was asked

5. samtheseed

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    ... and he couldn't talk about it right?

6. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Since this will be coming out next year I would hope to see VF.Net in some form on the consoles with the ability to display frame information that we see on the replays now and YT uploads.

Make it easier to use our decked out characters on other consoles.

The rest Myke hit on the head.

7. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

I wrote this back in 2010

I figured that this would be a good time to list out our ideas on what the console version should have. Perhaps we can add our suggestions to the petition.

Here are my ideas:
    Features:
    - Every Feature in the Arcade... Intros, Team Icons, etc...
    - A Quality Training Mode (VF4 EVO quality or better)
    -Every item that the arcade has. You can even charge for DLC if you like. Just make sure all the items are there.
    -Better VFTV Matches with added commentary or text bubbles to explain what you are seeing.
    -Easy way to transfer your character data when playing at someone else's house or event. Even sale your own VF Memory Card for 360 and PS3
    -Music soundtrack of all the past VF's just like VF5R
    -Have the ability to update the game to the most current version. Example VF5FS ver b., ver c, etc...

Online Update:
    -Update the online code, but do not change or add things if it will hurt the connection speed.
    -Make the interface resemble the Quest Mode
    -3 specific regions: North America, Europe, Asia
    - Within the regions there will be multiple arcades
    Example: North America will have East, Midwest, West regions.
    - Each region would have 5 arcades. Thought being if your in New York you will go to your own arcade to have the best connection.
    - Once in the arcade you can sit down at an empty machine or wait for a match to be over to play the winner. Maybe have High, Mid, and Low ranking machines. This should make it easier to find the Ranked player you would like to face.
    - The ability to win items and vf money/points during online matches
    - The ability to deny a match if the connection is bad (one or lower)
    - The option to set up Tournaments
    - Within each arcade there is a VFTV terminal so you can watch pre-recorded matches while you wait for your match.

Advertising:
    - SEGA needs to get behind the game and promote it the same way they do in Japan. Tourneys... etc..
    - See the Street Fighter 4 and Super SF4 strategy when promoting the game (teasers, blogs, etc...). The game is just ok, but Capcom has done a hell of a job promoting it.
    - Ask people from the community to help. Im sure most of us would do it for free.

8. wir30

wir30 Member

yep was not able to speak about it and brisal i like evry thing i want
    and what happend to vf5r

9. samtheseed

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    It seemed like alot of stuff he couldn't talk of, and marketing is it's own beast. I don't think they'll be pushing alot for this. It's gonna be on us to hype this up.

Icons would be awesome. They missed out on some of those features for online.

10. wir30

wir30 Member

we need more details
    and at least bring vf5r to

11. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

This times a thousand haha.

Also, if there is an option to save and or upload replays, make it available for offline matches, too.

12. Sakuragi

Sakuragi New Member

Hello,
    It would be great if we can choose between the 3 versions of the same stage ( Vf5, R and Fs ) or at least between R and FS versions. The must would be to have different conditions in each round like old SNK games, for example with Akira stage with Round 1 and 2 : FS, Round 3 and 4 : Vf5 and Round 5 : Vf 5 R by night.

13. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Brisal's ideas are right on the money. If they can implement half that shit the game would be the bomb.

I think it would be great if they also added a similar feature like SSF4 where you can play the CPU while your waiting for someone to join your game. This beats having to listing to that god awful lobby music. I hope they chose a more softer song with FS than that annoying hardcore rock crap. The ability to turn it off while you wait is also nice.

14. Madone

Madone Well-Known Member

- Some simple form of training mode while waiting for matches (like combo training)
    - Essential DLC free (i.e. updates, patches etc should be free)
    - Reasonable priced DLC (I would prefer NO DLC though)
    - Dural is automatically banned in ranked and opponent has to agree for selection to occur in player matches

15. TaC

TaC Member

Online lobbies would be nice and I hope there will be something like the Quest Mode, to get all the costumizing.

16. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

I would like to see another take on the AI training mode,

something that lets you train an AI fighter to mimic your style of play and your weaknesses, then also allowes for friends to swap the ghost/AI, like a map/gameplay configuration in HALO, so that other people can download your ghost/AI and learn to fight against your particular style.

It would be good if people like kingo/jhow upload their style of play so that people like me can learn to play them without asking them to sit for hours with noobs.

17. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Item matches in online play.
    Punishment items. If you have a disconnect % over 10 you have to wear a pink ribbon or something.
    Something for those with 1000gamerpoints on ver c. Might urge new folk to go back and buy a copy of vf5.
    Lobbies would be nice, brisal's post is on the money.

18. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    everything i asked for is pretty much covered if not here then everywhere else...

and i'm agreeing with everyone here

19. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Myke, here is the topic Brisal started over a year and a half ago that most likely have a lot of things people would want in the game.

20. redtiger

redtiger Member

Newcomers shouldn't be forgotten. I have hard time getting my friends to play VF. It'd be interesting to list the difficulties newcomers are encountering while playing the game.

- the button layout is a bit complicated on joypads.
    On arcade stick you use 3 buttons, it's simple and smooth. On joypads you have a lot of shortcuts and the games feels heavier. There should be different default configs inspired from other games to make newcomers more confortable.

- Button smashing is not helping in VF.
    An option to display some advises like character difficulty, the basic commands to survive with a character (on loading screen for example), maybe additional visual informations for beginners.

- What am i doing wrong ?
    In addition to tutorial and challenge mode. A virtual coach should warn you about your weaknesses (using stats like percentage of hit guarded low/mid/high, percentage of throw escape, etc.).

I don't think those little things are difficult to implement, and it could make the game more welcoming to newcomers.