1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 FINAL SHOWDOWN Online Warrior videos

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by archangel, Jun 12, 2012.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

So it's been well years since i made a thread on VFDC but i started recording an OW series and i figured i'd share it with you guys...hope you enjoy it [​IMG]

2. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    solid matches [​IMG]

3. archangel

hmmm i guess....need to learn a few things combo's etc etc. But the lag was trolling me when i was recording though the moment i stopped there was no lag.

4. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    cool vid dude, man that wolf was just spaming [P] [P] [P]!!!

Pai~Chun likes this.
  5. archangel

Shouldn't of lost to him. In a way sometimes it's harder to play against people who are new to the game.......well for me anyway

6. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

It would be more intersting if you could state what you should have done when something didn't work. Sometimes it sounds like you're blaming the other guy for winning, when it would be more useful for new players if you blamed yourself for losing and why you think it happened*.

*Other than lag or the player is too "random". [​IMG]

7. archangel

Cheers for the advice i'll look to work this in into the next episode

8. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

Glad you took the criticism well [​IMG]

9. archangel

Constructive criticism is what i always want it's the best way to improve and i'm sure your words came from a good place [​IMG]

10. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    I get you, its because you cant adapt to random tactics that newbies usually use, I actually fought a jacky that just backfliped after every time he mashed jab

11. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Having trouble with noobs isee.. try to keep them at disadvantage.. don't even try to throw unless you landed a counter side hit. In retrospect that Wolf was'nt noobish.. He spammed what you feel for. You tried [4][K]+[G] when he whiff wake up low when [6][6][K] should've been your main option.. wall splat.

12. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Yeah. You can't really play with any flow or flash against some players haha. Just counter-hit them from afar all day if need be.

13. archangel

Cool i'm going to try and implement that in that situation if/when it occurs again. Cheers for the advice Overfiend [​IMG]

14. archangel

yup should of made smarter decisions.......ah well part-2 will rectify it

15. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Cool i'll be watching good vids and commentary.

16. archangel

17. archangel

Thanks man i hope you enjoy part 2 [​IMG]

18. TetsuyaHikari

TetsuyaHikari Active Member

Part 2 was entertaining, haha. I do have a question I'm hoping you will be able to answer though. How do you move so fast? That's one of the problems I'm having right now actually.

I can never seem to sidestep fast enough. I've tried relying solely on the 8 or 6 G+P+K versions for speed, but a friend of mine told me it wasn't a good idea to always do that one. What is your opinion on movement? How can I increase my speed and sidestep properly rather than getting hit out of sidestepping most of the time for being too slow?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks and keep it up with the videos!

19. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Ha great commentary, that marly match was great [​IMG]

20. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I'm in there am i? At what time? Was lagging too much for me to play properly.

Edit: Just watched the whole thing. No need to post a time for me. lol