1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 FINAL SHOWDOWN Online Warrior videos

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by archangel, Jun 12, 2012.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

hmm kinda hard to explain how i move like thats it's something i practiced a lot in VF4Evo when i think movement was perhaps more useful. Try practicing your buffering, E.G during an evade you can buffer in a crouch dash = [2]+[1] [1] . Works the other way round to, i hope that somewhat helps. If it doesn't i'll make a video and slow it down and you can see what i'm inputting on the arcade stick display.

2. TetsuyaHikari

TetsuyaHikari Active Member

Alright. I'll try it out in the dojo later today. Thank you for the advice! I'm on stick too, so I shouldn't have too much of a problem doing it.

I've just realized I tend to play this like a 2D game and hardly ever sidestep, lol. One of the most important things in this game is learning movement, so I really need to get on that.

3. Drem

Drem Member

Sidestepping/"Defensive Moves" (just tapping up or down) will automatically do a "fast" version if you timed it right and you'll evade the linear attack. If you were too early or late you'll do the slower animation you'd get normally if you just did the command while no one was attacking, which has no evasive properties and you can be hit out of. Sidestepping does not evade full circular attacks or half-circular attacks in your sidestep direction either, so that's something to keep in mind when trying to learn why a particular attempt didn't work. That'll just take some character familiarity which you'll build as you'll play. Sidestepping also, I believe, only sidesteps the one attack you sidestepped. If your opponent does a string of attacks and you dodge the first one, you can possibly get hit by the following attacks instead. If you recognize your opponent is doing a string make sure to guard after the evade instead of attacking.

8 P+K+G (and 2 P+K+G ) aren't quite sidesteps. Called "Offensive Moves", these are mainly for quickly positioning around the opponent and have no evasive properties (i.e. it will not dodge any attacks that track). One use of an OM would be if you're back against the wall and you manage to knock down the opponent; it would not be a bad idea to OM to the side and get out from the wall. A regular sidestep or walking would not be nearly as fast. I'm not sure about the 6 P+K+G you mentioned though. Is that a Jacky specific move?

Play around with them in the dojo (don't forget you can make the CPU attack you) and get a feel for the timing and how you can use them. Sidesteps are incredibly useful and important in VF, so slowly try to integrate it into your defense. You'll be glad you did!

I'm looking forward to seeing what gnarly costume appears in the next video!

4. archangel

Learning in VF if you're new to it is a long but rewarding process i think. Let me know how you get on.

5. archangel

Cheers Drem it's early days as the game has only been out for 2 weeks but i'll look into everything you said. HAHA as for the costumes....well you will just have to wait and see

6. archangel

Lag wasn't so bad when i played you this weekend hopefully thats a sign of things to come [​IMG]

7. Sidna7

Sidna7 Well-Known Member

As far as I know, attacks in VF5 do not track once you have sidestepped the first unless you try to attack back.

So I either keep sidestepping the rest of the attacks in a string, or attack with something that will interrupt the string.

8. Sashaz

Sashaz Well-Known Member

loved the video, the f u comment when you lost made me laugh alot!

9. archangel

PART - 03

10. archangel

Glad I would make you lol [​IMG]

11. archangel

DandyJ pretty much explained it best in his vid really in depth.

12. MegaMaN85

MegaMaN85 Well-Known Member

I had a feeling I've played you before online! (your gamertag was really familiar whilst watching the vid!) can't remember how the fight went, I just know I really enjoyed it!

keep em coming bruv really enjoying them! [​IMG]

13. archangel

Hmmm yeah i think i may have played you "megaman" seems really familiar, glad you had fun though. See you online again soon [​IMG]

14. archangel

That would drive me nuts. I played a Kage recently who did nothing but his flying physco crusher which in turn I went down two rounds to and pissed me off. Though the moment I calmed down he was pretty easy to beat. Online I had the expectation that everyone knows how to play VF which is the wrong way to approach it.

15. archangel

PART-04

16. archangel

Stupidly spelt my twitter name wrong is the vid it @NORBURYMAN [​IMG]

17. Sidna7

Sidna7 Well-Known Member

Awesome commentary man...youz are fun too VF watch/hear.
    Anyways, I see that (much like me) you are complaining about such things as the Jean roll. I was cursing like a mo-fo during my online vs Jean experience yesterday, cause of that damn roll attack = launch = crazy dmg.
    BUT then I played with a buddy that was using Jean offline….I realized that with 3 quick joystick jerks you get out of the stagger and Jean doesn't get jack SHIT…he is usually left at like -15 cause he tried to launch but got blocked [​IMG]

18. archangel

HAHA thanks for the kind words t's really appreciated. Only problem i have with the role is the amount of distance it covers is pretty crazy and it seems fairly safe on block. I'll keep your advice in mind though the next time i play against a Jean which will be pretty soon as there are tons of them online

19. Mlai

Mlai Well-Known Member

Thanks for the vids, entertaining watch! Seems the XBL player base is much less scrubby than the PSN player base I'm fighting against. Probably because XBL had VF5 for the past half-decade.

I noticed you sidestep/backdash opponents' attacks like a champ, but when some of them start doing something scrubby (such as 1 attack over and over), you either freeze up or get hit. Is that lag or because you're just too used to playing only veterans/friends offline?

Man, your Jacky can dance. I'm gonna call you Butterfly.

20. archangel

lol Butterfly....hahaha thanks.

Thanks for the props. I find it harder to fight agains't new players as experienced ones are a lot more methodical in their approach, online is a factor but not a major one. Just something i need to get used to.

Hahaha still cracking up at butterfly