1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 FINAL SHOWDOWN Online Warrior videos

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by archangel, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Mlai

Mlai Well-Known Member

I have questions on your movement prowess:

(1) Do all characters have the same dash speed/distance and general movement "agility"? For example, can you just pick up Taka (or any character) and make him "dance" with the same timing and efficiency as you do with Jacky? SF franchise historically has different walking/dashing speeds and distances.

(2) I doubt you just jiggle the joystick randomly, though you probably do it without active thinking nowadays. What's your movement strategy? For example, one thing you do seems to be always baiting attacks by dashing just into range of potential long-range slow attacks (but never into range of short fast attacks) and then immediately dashing back out. When do you actually stand still? Or is it like you said, "Never just stand there."

(3) How did you train yourself to always move? Do you follow that VF dash/evade flowchart? It's from VF3 isn't it; so isn't it out of date? Doesn't your hand get tired?? What kind of joystick grip do you use?

2. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

PART - 05

3. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

REally you get counter hit on moving!? Even more evidence this is the gayest version of all time.

4. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Yeah... you do.. On dashs and failed evades.

5. Mlai

Mlai Well-Known Member

1. Wow that Kage is LETHODICAL. Completely stuffed all your movment like a steel... (I didn't want a stupid pun, it's a good descriptor in fighting!)

2. So, Vane's charging mid-kick can't be evaded and staggers on block... wtf are you supposed to do then???

6. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    You can evade it actually. Also the stagger isn't anything special.

7. archangel

I'll going to try and make a video about how i move which will hopefully answer all of those questions. Me trying to explain it in text might just end up being confusing

8. Sidna7

Sidna7 Well-Known Member

I hear that back-dashing is way too good in this version, and evading correctly seems to do more for you this time around too. So I guess counter hit on movement is a decent way to penalized and balance the risk-reward factor, and it also contributes to the high damage flow that FS is going for.

9. archangel

Yup much needed research is needed for me to beat a competent Kage player.

10. archangel

To me it just reduces the game to you hit then i hit it's half the reason why playing this game online consists of people standing there holding the [G] button (that or they are just really new to the game). Failing an evade leaves you at disadvantage without adding a CH to it making a mistake shouldn't always lead to 60% of your life bar going.

11. archangel

lol you not liking Final Showdown much smurf?

12. kungfusmurf

Yeah bro, not feeling it. This is the only version out of all the vf series that I didn't like. Normal hit on fail evade is fine but counter hit is B.S.! Besides the fact that this version is even slower than before and it as feels un natural in TE & movements of the characters. I feel like I'm fucking playing Tekken.

Besides my whining, I will continue to play FS to maintain any skillz I have left. Hopefully in the next version, AM2 will return to the high standard of previous versions of VF which made it great. But in the mean time FUCK ME!

13. kungfusmurf

Lastly mate, you should be the official commentator for all major English VF tourneys. [​IMG]

Pai~Chun likes this.
  14. Mazzic78

Mazzic78 Member

PSN:
    Mazzic78
    XBL:
    Mazzic78
    ^^
    supporting that, it's always great fun to watch those vids [​IMG]
    keep goin' mr norburyman

cheers

15. archangel

Thanks you sir all the love is much appreciated [​IMG]

16. archangel

Was unsure about this episode though about doing it again but fuck it what the hell :p

PART-06

17. archangel

I know the feeling dude at times it just feels really un VF. The endless strings of some characters the bar killing combo's but the way ive started looking at it is SEGA want to increase their userbase of the game so they have dumbed down this version of the game with hope to gain a new crowd. Hopefully in the next version VF will be more familiar, we will see i still enjoy FS anyway [​IMG]

18. archangel

haha we will see what the future holds

19. archangel

PART - 07

Pai~Chun likes this.
  20. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    These videos are fantastic mate, can't believe I only just saw them :eek: So much fascinating content buried away on older threads...
    Love the narration, and actually, even though perhaps not the highest levels of VF play, the footage now stands as a curious snapshot of the early days of this game (at least on Live).
    Seems unreal to be based in the UK, hit Same area Ranked search and see all those bright greens come up, wow :cool: