1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Final Showdown Videos

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Reno, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC

Rory posted this on NE, had me in tears

2. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

wtf?

3. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

4. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Does PKG cancel earn +2?

5. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    For Jacky (I assume at the quickest cancel input),
    [P][K][G] cancel --> guarding opponent = -5 frames compared to +2 for just [P] guarded.
    [P][K][G] cancel --> normal hit against opponent = +5 frames same as [P] only on normal hit.
    [P][K][G] cancel --> counter hit against opponent = +8 frames same as [P] only on counter hit.

This is different for each character with [P][K][G] cancel.

6. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Actually, ever since VF3* I believe that Punch Kick Guard cancel recovers slower than just a regular punch. So the +2 you see Jacky get is a result of his Punch being guarded, but since he went into kick-guard-cancel then I'm sure that advantage was lost.

* It may have been changed in VF2.1 to fix the senbon bug (infinite PKG cancels), but I can't recall. Definitely know it was fixed by VF3 though.

7. Dennis0201

thx akai and myke, I thought FS changes from negative to positive according to that video.

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I stand corrected! I was unaware, but it seems like there have been changes made to PKG-cancels in FS. Akai has dug up some info from a blog which I think he'll translate soon.

9. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

10. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
  11. Dennis0201

Couple times I've seen Jacky does a regular evade instead of OM to back after his uppercut CH. against Lei only??

Funny ending. Don't hate me.

12. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Believe it or not.. he normal evade cancel only as a timing mech. I've seen some players just wait for the opponents legs to come back down and perform the rest of the combo. That is a bit difficult though.

13. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

that was hilarious.

aside: is it still only Jacky that can change his stance before the round starts? that strikes me as crazy dumb.

14. Dennis0201

That's his characteristic since VF3, and I believe Jacky is still the only one on FS.

15. DurViener

DurViener Well-Known Member

Vanessa can too

16. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    he meant FOOT stance i.e. open stance / closed stance not fighting stance.

17. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

yeah, foot stance. and it still strikes me as crazy that he is the only character that can do it.

18. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Before the round, seems that only jacky can change foot position. However seems sarah has a foot change move too now. I don't know how it is performed or if there are any conditions to do it.

19. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    We really should start calling vanessa's DS and OS "styles" as the Japanese do. Starting with myself.

20. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member