1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Final Showdown Videos

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Reno, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Yeah i know that, but i'm surprised because i was used to se +9 usually after that move.

Lol at Doa5 with akira.

2. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

3. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    This El Blaze is the King of 2P. you'll see why [​IMG]

4. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

@3:06 - 2p Madness lmao!!

Great Fast paced matches all around.. Leveled up just watching.

5. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

1:35 - Why you don't backdash too much in FS.

6. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

7. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    That's what you get for being a dick. He had round 4.

8. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
  9. Dennis0201

10. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Im actually quite worried about this.. But I wont get stuck on it before I can actually try the game myself.. Movement and stepping has been a major part of VF for a long time and now it seems basically gone.. Its been a major part of my own game since vf3.

VF2 had taiwan step, VF3 had korean step, VF4 had Minami step.. And now Sega wants us to just stand at point blank range and smack opponent with random moves. Im worried how this will work.. Namco has tried the same thing in Tekken (nerf backstepping) in the past and it hasnt quite worked out for them.

/manjimaru random comment mode

ps. Sorry, one of those mornings. I had to comment on something.

11. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    You're looking at it in the wrong way. Backstep has been BUFFED. It now takes you a ridiculous distance backwards. To balance it and stop it being stupid abusable they added the backdash stagger. The aim of stepping is to not be hit, so you're basically getting punished for poor stepping harder.

12. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Thank you for your reply. I guess I kinda assumed its not there since nobody seemed to be doing it..

13. Tiripsem

Tiripsem Well-Known Member

14. Dennis0201

You can backdash with EasyTEG to reduce a lot of risk. Some characters have strong range attacks such as Lau's 66P+K and Lei's new launcher. Mid kick is the only way to stop them.
    Usually this situation is rare, cuz abare can deal with 16f mid kick good enough.

15. Dennis0201

16. Dennis0201

17. THE_WALL

THE_WALL Well-Known Member

Was that G.S. ring out a stage glitch or something, or is there a length that it will throw to your back side?

18. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

If you're referring to the forwards direction of the throw, that change was made in VF5R.

19. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    That was no glitch, it was GS that threw Vanessa out of the ring. It's been like that since vf5r.

20. THE_WALL

THE_WALL Well-Known Member

My only missconception with the throw is that I thought it through you into the ring if you were too close regardless of what way you were facing your opponent. Guess I learned something new today.