1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5:FS Eileen Thread

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by adverse, Oct 5, 2010.

1. adverse

adverse Active Member

Hey Reno, I have some info for you on changes for Eileen.
    (I'm still a little unsure on my VF terminology, so if any of this seems wrong, let me know)

[6][P]+[K]+[G] and [9][P]+[K]+[G] are now cancellable. [6][P]+[K]+[G][K]+[G][K](hit)[K] is a low series which knocks down.

You can get the same series with [2][3][6][P]+[K][2][K].

[9][P]+[K]+[G][P][P] starts with a high attack and finishes with two mids.
    Hitting with it will blow the opponent back and can be used in wall juggle.

[9][P]+[K]+[G][P][K] will knock the opponent down. Can be mixed up with [9][P]+[K]+[G][P][P], but the [K] version has a long guard window.

Facing backwards [2][K][P][P] is a low->high->mid series. The second hit connects as a normal hit and can be cancelled from. 3rd hit will knock the opponent down. [6][P]+[K][P][P] comes out in 16 frames and the third hit causes crumple. [9][P] counters low attacks, and can be used to counter delayed attacks and rush down.

Basic combos
    [9][K]->[P][P][2][3][6][P]+[K][K]->[6][6][K]->[4][P]+[K]->[2][1][4][K]+[G]

[4][6][P]->[P]->[6][P]+[K][P][P]

This is from the September issue of Arcadia. Will translate her section for the October issue tomorrow.

EvenPit likes this.
  2. adverse

adverse Active Member

Information from October issue:

[4][K] advantage increased.
    During a counter-hit, [P] can't be guarded while standing.
    During a counter-hit, [4][P]+[K] connects to [2][1][4][P] and [2][3][6][K].

[3][K] will crumple from the side on counter-hit, and connect to standing [P].
    [4][3][P]+[K] connects to [2][1][4][P][P] and to [2][1][4][K]+[G]. Often this is connected to [2][1][4][P] but [2][3][6][K]+[G] also connects.Useful for counter-attacking against low attacks.

[2][3][6][K]+[G] connects to [P] during a counter-hit.

[4][3][P]+[K] connects to [2][1][4][P][P]->[2][1][4][K]+[G] from normal hit.

For new moves, [6][P]+[K]+[G][K]+[G] and [9][P]+[K]+[G][P] should be mixed up with [6][P]+[K][P], [3][P] and other cancellable attacks. The former being useful against standing guard, dodging and High attacks. The latter being useful for stuffing interrupting standing attacks. Both can be used against players that use [P] when you use [2][3][6][P]+[K].

Do people want frame data? I could type that up too.

3. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Thats really goo stuff. In terms of frame data, I don't think you'd need to write everything down, just changes. I had made some mental notes on Eileen changes myself, but haven't posted as no one seems interested in the monkey girl [​IMG]

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I've split this off into its own thread, as it has nothing to do with the past FS Location Test thread, and is really (useful) Eileen specific stuff.

Are you still maintaining the spreadsheet command lists? That'd be the best place to store any frame data for now, IMO.

1. You can't expect people to be foaming at the mouth in anticipation of information regarding a VF version we don't even know if we'll ever get to play.

2. Don't let the apparent (lack of) interest in others deter you from contributing. You may be surprised.

5. Truesonic2k

Truesonic2k Well-Known Member

I don't remember seeing many Eileen players. Hell I saw more Blaze players than Eileen guys. Only guy I knew that mained her was Tricky. But I am curious to see what changes she has since Vanilla and R.

6. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Well, since the thread is here. Lots been posted already, but other big stuff;

[3] [P] natural combos into [2][3][6][K] on CH and is now 15 frames. Big news since she lost that ability from [6][P]+[K] in R.

They have also fixed her [3][K]. It's now 16 frames.

Zenk P looks like it takes 2 drinks from Shun now, but I dont think neutral throw takes any.

7. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Wow, i'm curious to see what her [9]+P+K+G strings look like. Haven't really too many FS vids of her personally.

And how exactly does/would she cancel the [6]P+K+G? Does she just stand up faster right after she goes down?

I'm guessing on canceling [9]P+K+G it will make her land facing the opponent vs being Back Turned?

And oh my goodness they gave her a low string from [6]P+K+G [​IMG]

8. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    There are alotta Eileen vids on zoome.jp

9. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

There's one thing i don't like in eileen. I'm not an eileen player so forgive me if i don't agree with this but, she seems to have so many combos which just do a lot of damage. I mean she's a lightweight, with many tricky attack's options, that mean she's really strong. This discussion can be done with many other characters like her (sarah for example).
    I mean in the past a light character with many tricks didn't do so many damage with one combo; even with the larger life bar this isn't really balanced imho. Just look jeffry: he used to be the one high risk high reward, but actually he's only risk because eileen can do the same damage if even more. And this without the risk jeffry has.

Combo a part i like the new tricks the monkey has got.

10. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Wow, you're just seeing all this? welcome to the party. [​IMG]

By cancel he means "cancel into". so [9][P]+[K]+[G] and [6][P]+[K]+[G] become options after certain attacks, just like Zenk flip and [2][1][4][P]+[K]+[G].

[9][P]+[K]+[G] will leave you backturned, yes. Doing [9][P]+[K]+[G][P] will do the new jumping high punch mentioned. [9][P]+[K]+[G][K] works as it always has i think. Still not used very much.
    [6][P]+[K]+[G](monkey walk) needed some sort of full/half circulars to fill it out as everything was a mid at similar speed. It is odd to have a sweep string in VF though.

No, she's actually only got one. The one Adverse has already kindly posted. in practice, you'll mostly see players end the combo a little differently sacrificing damage for Oki. Any other big stuff with her involves walls and she's still behind a lot of other characters in that regard.

It's actually interesting that you would compare her to Jeffrey, as the "big" combo that she has is actually from a move that has the same frames and risk as Jeffs Knee (and has since Vanilla).But she does less damage from it. And she also takes more damage if it's blocked since she's the lightest character. But you of course didn't know that because you're not an Eileen user [​IMG]

I'm not saying it doesn't suck to be Jeffrey right now. Far from it. But to compare him to Eileen and then say Eileen seems too strong is just wrong imo, especially when she's just a middling character.

11. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I've not seen it mentioned anywhere, but i think Eileen can enter Warikomi from standing in FS. I'm sure i've seen a vid showing as much, but haven't seen it in any matches. It's odd as if you can i was sure i'd see people using it as [2][P]+[K]+[G] is pretty evasive and has a guard break.

Edit to add: Confirmation on the above. Also, Eileens [6][P]+[G][2]/[8] is now only +7. With [P] 11f now, i don't think anything is guaranteed anymore.

You can see both the above here;

<object id="zp" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="480" height="384"> <param name="movie" value="http://zoome.jp/hypweb/zpdia/p/321" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /> <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://zoome.jp/hypweb/zpdia/p/321" width="480" height="384" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" /></object>

12. adverse

adverse Active Member

If people are interested in frame data, could someone point me to where the excel tables are kept? It would take some time but I could input Eileen's data.

One move that I'm having trouble figuring out when to use is [4][3][P]+[K]. It combos into [2][1][4][P] and more, but should I be using it after a backdash? A dodge? Curious if people have experience with it.

13. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I'm interested. There are not many eileen users on VFDC, but any info is great. Can someone post the link here pleeeeeeese?

Talking from lots of videos and zero experience,I see [4][3][P]+[K] used a lot after a backdash. I've never seen it used after a successful evade and work particularly well. I'd have though [9][K]+[G] would be a better option for a post evade combo starter as it's faster.

The strength of [4][3][P]+[K] is that it's Eileen's double handed punch with means most characters can't reverse or sabaki it. It should also beat Aoi's Ying Yang stance.

Since it can' be reversed, is easily hitcheckable and is fairly safe on block, it seems a good move to try to bait people into, which is why i think it's seen a lot after backdash.

Also, does it still natural combo into [2][3][6][K][K][K] ? if it does, that's what you should probably be using after it hits.

14. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Sorry, but when I suggested you update the spreadsheet, I had mistaken you for Hollasan, who made a post regarding the creation of the FS command list spreadsheet. I suggest you get in contact with him if you want to edit it, or just copy the format yourself.

15. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I support all things that result in more information about eileen! Though I really can't get too excited about this, because in reality, we don't know if we'll get this game or not.

16. TheRook

TheRook Member

Im really interested in re-using Eileen in FS. I say this because SouthTown Arcade in SF said they are talking with sega in trying to get a FS cabinet soon. so i think i can get a decent amount of play in with her, and hopefully it'll get the community back in action too. i don't know anyone who plays VF5 in my area either so i think it'll be a good experience for me when it does come.

-Im also looking forward for the console release.

17. Daydream

Daydream Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    46K+G, PP, 214PP cancel into goku (6P+K+G stance) K+GKK actually hits if the combo travels into a wall. Although the Goku K+G kicks make it a green combo the last just frame K followup is possible even though the opponent is on the ground pretty much. Does 74dmg.

Even without the last kick it's 68 damage and it looks cool imo. I tested the tech from the opponents point of view and it's really easy unforunately. The opponent have to immediately watch for the followup low though. If he techs and don't watch out you can still get the last low kicks to knock him back down, assuming you play offline and get the just frame K.

I don't know, it might be useless online since the last kick is impossible to land on xbox live. But maybe you guys can make something from this. Goku cancels might work in other wall situations. Would love to see a legit combo with something like this.

18. Daydream

Daydream Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    I've been thinking about what to do with Eileens least used moves. To really extract her true potential I think you have to have good knowledge for all of her moves. So I thought, since her subforum is kind of quiet, that I'd compile a list of some of the moves I find I don't really know how to use and we could discuss them.

First up is [2] [3] [6] [K]+ [G]:
    This is her far reaching mid kick with 25f execution and -6 on block. I think Marly told me it provides a good wallsplat and are thus useful in some combos. I saw some japanese dude use it in a game on one of my youtube subs. I can't remember the combo but it was far from his best option as other moves could easily be used to deal more damage. Maybe he anticipated a wall splat? I remember the stage as being Lion or Lei stage so that's a theory.

However, I find it doubtful to be a good poking move but I haven't tested it too much. I get quite annoyed when people back away from me and start that lame ranged game. I'm unsure how to approach from those situations. Maybe this move could be useful in those kinds of situations? Also, if you have any good combo tips with this move, please share. I will experiment on some wall combos later using this.

[4] [P]+ [K]
    I haven't really implemented this move, it hits high and you can cancel it into a low kick. It's really safe after block but 17 frames. The range is pretty deceptive though, it hits farther than you would think (farther than [4] [K]+ [G]). I like [4] [4] [P] wich is one frame faster and leave you backturned. I find myself often getting CH launch off her BT launcher.

[4] [3] [P]+ [K]
    This seems like a really useful move. I haven't given it much love yet though. Again, if you have any tips on when to use this move please share. It has good range. I guess you could use it deceptively by doing it during a backdash on a chasing opponent. obviously I know it's used in combos.

[6] [6] [P]+ [K]+ [G]
    I don't know about this one. I use it when I win rounds to make her look like a monkey.

[4] [P]+ [K]+ [G]
    Gives you huge advantage on many things but is hard to use. Handy if opponent likes PPP but other times I find it hard to use with prediction. Most of the time I fails and I get grabbed or punished otherwise. Do you guys use this a lot?

[7] [P]+ [K]+ [G]
    Do anybody know if this have any good evading properties? Seems kind of redundant now when [8] [P]+ [K]+ [G] and [2][P]+ [K]+ [G] are available from neutral stance.

19. TetsuyaHikari

TetsuyaHikari Active Member

I wasn't sure where else to post this. I have a question regarding a command in this video. I know I've done it a couple of times on accident before, but I don't know the command for it. I even looked through Command Training multiple times and couldn't find it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO_N2DdH0O8

It's at the 0:17 mark. I doubt I'll use it much at all, but I'd still like to know how it's done in case I get a nice setup like this, heh.

20. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    TetsuyaHikari, pretty sure that's Goku Hekitai [9][P][+][K][+][G][K]