1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Jacky Thread

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by KoD, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Thanks man, that helps.

2. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

May have already been covered, but does anyone have any non stance specific Beat Knuckle combos?

Also, after the second hit from /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif lands on major counter (getting a head crumple) is the best combo still /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif like it was on EVO, or has anyone found anything better?

3. J6Commander

J6Commander Well-Known Member

Since the black book isn't all that complete or accurate about D/F+p combos, so I decided to test them out myself. Feel free to post questions or errors in these.

D/F+p, OM, d+p, f+ppp+k (57)
    - (both) eil

D/F+p, OM, d+p, f+ppd+k (56)
    - (both) elb, lei

D/F+p, OM, d+p, d+p, ppu+p (55)
    - (both) van, sarah, goh, lion, lau

D/F+p, OM, p, f+ppp+k (59)
    - (both) brad, lei, lau

D/F+p, OM, p, f+ppd+k (58)
    - (both) lion

D/F+p, OM, p, b+p+kpu+p (57)
    - (both) jacky

D/F+p, p, d+p, f+ppd+k (56)
    - (both) pai, aoi, van
    - (close) sarah, goh, lei, kage

D/F+p, p, d+p, f+pk (53)
    - (close) except akira, jacky, lau, lion, brad

D/F+p, p, d+p, u+k+gk (52)
    - (open) except akira, jacky, lau, lion, brad

D/F+p, p, d+p, d+p, pk (53)
    - (close) akira, lau

D/F+p, p, d+p, b+p+kpu+p (53)
    - (open) akira, lau

Some extra notes about doing OM > P, you can hold forward during OM and hit P (no need for G cancel). And all OM refer to moving to opponent's back side.

4. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii
    OK I have literally spent hours on this move. I cannot get it to work, ever. I can easily land the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif cancel. But the added punch at the start I just cannot do. The best I can get is stopping the kick completely rather then landing the flash kick. I don't know I have really spent a lot of time trying this. Any tips at all?

5. J6Commander

That method makes buffering moves after kick cancel easier. But for myself, I found it mess up my timing on the kick cancel (or I haven't get used to it yet). So I still hold forward all the way from the first punch and then do the kick cancel, it seems easier for me and maybe for you too.

6. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii
    Sorry, think I quoted the wrong one. I have trouble with the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif . I can easily perform the flash kick without the punch. But when I use the punch, holding forward throughout the whole string, I just cannot get the kick to land. Instead the kick is just canceled completely. Its as if I was attempting /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif and was not right on the timing, ending with just a kick cancel.

Hopefully i described this a bit better. Any ideas?

7. J6Commander

From the look at your commands, it seems you are doing a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, which is another move and the kick part is not cancelable with hit properties like /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif. The correct commands should be /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

8. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii
    What I want to do is succesfully land the
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/ub.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif combo. An earlier post suggested I attempt just the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif part in dojo, but I just cant get it to land.

9. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

well its all about practice i guess lol.
    u said u can do the iai(aka flash kick ) out of combo pretty good, so do it this way...

so this is the combo: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif,flash kick,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/ub.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    (open stance)
    well after 33k, just do p (dont need to hold front or anything), after the p hits, u begin to hold front, hold it tight otherwise 6k will coming out lol, then u do the flash kick(like u did out of combos), then end the combo with 7k+g.
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif~/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/ub.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

good luck
    ogi

10. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    To clarify, in that combo the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is completely seperate from the flash kick.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

then

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

then flash kick as you normally would

then flip kick

edit: just testing it to make sure (I don't play Jacky much) and it works but the flip is only landing in closed stance it seems, and not open. Could just be messing something up though. Training partner is Kage and I'm doing it on normal hit.

11. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

lol i mean'd after hit(33k), open stance.
    well before the combo its close stance.

12. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii
    OK I am going to try the method with just using /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif rather then the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif . Hopefully it will work out. Thanks for the tips!

13. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    If you do that then you're at risk of performing the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif knee attack.

I think you're just missing a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif-cancel after the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif. So as someone already pointed out, try this sequence:

(hold /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif!/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif(release /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif and continue with combo)

14. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii

This works. Though I have only landed it once, for some reason this string is really tough for me. Regardless its improving my game, thanks for all the help!

15. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    I experimented a little with the head crumble combos after MC /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif.
    Some of them might be useless, but hell, they are still combos /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
    1)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (74)(69) (listed just 'cause it's the old one :))
    2)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (78) (73)(standard combo for newbies /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif )
    3)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (81)(76)
    4)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/ub.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (83)(78)
    5)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (84)(79)
    6)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (87)(82)
    7)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/ub.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (91)(86)

The combos with the second /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif won't work with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif!/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif
    Also the damage listed came up when trying those combos with counter hit set, but when the settings were changed to guard and counterattack, the damage went down by 5 points, so .... I dunno which ones are correct /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif
    Anyway, mind that I tested them only on Goh, as I am too lazy to do it with other chars, so if any fo you have enough time to do it, please do so and feel free to correct any mistakes and add much more to this short useless list of combos /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Edit: Actually I checked few things and it seems that after /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif!/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif the combos with second bounce work, for example on Shun. Also in the last combo listed, you can land /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif on Eileen. Damn, I have to get up early so I'll finish this later.....

16. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Also, people may not know this. But if you happen to land /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif crumple you can do.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (or something better, don't own the game to test)

if you MC that crumple for whatever reason, the thing is like half life lmao. Jacky is funny.

17. Dragon9

Dragon9 New Member

Great find people. I'm new here and Jacky's my main since EVO. I was looking for some good finds. Thanks fellow Jacky players.

18. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Hmm, I get the MC counter after charging the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif into /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gifbut it isn't enough to bounce them. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

19. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

I don't own the game so I landed this on Sweeptheleg who plays Eileen, might be a light weight thing. It also might be a stance issue. Check both and see whats up.

20. WINBACK

WINBACK Active Member

Jacky newbie question:

I've heard that lately, using Offensive Moves has been a lot less popular in serious play.

Consequently, I was wondering if there are any key moments with Jacky that I should consider using OM /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif? When do most of you use them?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.