1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Jacky Thread

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by KoD, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I like to use offensive moves if I know someone is going to try and rush me.

Nine times out of ten you'll catch them with it.

I don't know about Jackie's OMs but I think the same principle applies to all the characters.

2. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

I've been working on some new Jacky combos....

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif-

Open stance
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

Closed stance
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/ub.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

first one is 62 dmg on MC and second is 63, works on all characters.... O_O

For Slide Shuffle /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (minor counter and up) the same combos will work except you must switch stance requirements since Jacky changes foot position changes during /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif but not the Slide Shuffle /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif minor counter or above

vs. Light weights

Open Stance
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/ub.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

Closed Stance
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

First open stance combo does about 62 on MC and spirals them, only works a closest range. Second one does 63 dmg.

First closed stance does 63 and second does 64.

Fun wall shit with iaigeri:

At full wall

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif(wall stagger) -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif(wall slam) -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

99 dmg on MC lol lol lol

3. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Lol yeah, I had been doing the that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif since Version B, I figured I was scrubby cause I never saw anyone else use it, but its kinda slick for some situations. This might be really scrubby but if they don't tech you can make it look cool by tossing in a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif after the last kick lol.

That last combo you listed is freaking disgusting lol, thanks for that gem.

I have a question, and is why I came here in the first place lol. What is Jacky's best combo now off of that wall slam?

Lastly, I've decided to stick with Jacky through and through. Was toying with the idea of some other possible mains, but Jacky it is. With that, I've really focused a lot more on mixups with him, and have been compiling some stuff. Once I get more stuff and get more practice with it I'll run it by you guys for critique, maybe offer some stuff.

4. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

I knew it worked since I was trying it before but it would randomly miss sometimes, I assumed it was stance specific and since I didn't have VF5 in the PS3 days I just stuck to the basics.

Another reason why is the character I play against the most is Akira and the combo will not connect against akira unless you 1 frame delay the knee. Here is an easy way to do it.

Open stance

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

be sure to input it as fast as you can and the dash will act like a 1 frame delay and get the knee to connect.

What makes this combo so great is that it's probably one of the few slam combos that will wall hit. If you are near a wall the last kick will knock them into it and give you a guaranteed /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif pounce for around 70+ dmg. Nasty!

As for the wall combo I kind of took a page out of my Sarah tactics and just went after using a fast combination followed by a heavy down to keep the opponent from getting any chance to techroll. There are probably better follow ups besides /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif but it'll take more time and tinkering to find it.

Here are some more combos to toy around with.

Head Crumple combos from /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif MC and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif MC

-/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    -/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    -/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/ub.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

Light weight Stomach crumple combo from /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif MC

-/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/ub.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (half life O_O)

More interesting things of Iaigeri.

If you land a MC /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif near a wall, Iaigeri is guaranteed and will always cause a wall stagger that has guaranteed follow ups that cannot be interrupted even on fastest struggle.

So....

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif MC -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> (if it wall slams) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif MC -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif MC -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

BUWAAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!

5. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

See, it's stuff like this that keeps the perks up for me to continue playing Jacky lol.

Thanks for all of this homie.

6. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

I was messing around in dojo tonight and found a really situational but ever so slightly better damaging combo over one listed in the Wiki. Ignore me if it's common knowledge, just havn't seen it yet.

[Normal hit = 69 Damage. Major counter = 83]

On all lightweights and light middles except for Lion and Lei-Fei (Up to Shun. Anything under Jacky basically) you can do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif in closed stance on major counter. However, you can do this combo to both Vanessa and Pai on normal hit. Which is also true for the combo listed on the Wiki page which is /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif .

This combo can't be done in open stance on either MC or normal hit. And it only does one more point of damage than the one listed in the Wiki. But, that one damage might help right? haha I duno. Just throwing options out there.

*While this combo is really easy compared to his kick cancels, I think it looks really fresh lol.

7. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    You can actually do a second bounce with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, if you input /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif after the first /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif.

8. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

I hope none of ya'll go into these battles thinking that Jacky combo's are going to just be waiting for you? In case you forgot this dudes is a true Bruce Lee incarnate. He has the ability to chip away which makes him tough. Don't go into battle looking to score these big combos because they are far and few and when you do land and one it might not be worth the trouble.

Most of the time if you want to set up these combo's you must have other things working for you to make the opponent unsure of whats coming next. AS far as i go that closed foot and open foot stance i disregard that period. He switches feet too much on his kicks and moves to really for me to really pay attention (Besides i move to much.).I basically keep and try to find small combo's that work period regardless of foot. Jacky is one of the Only characters i see and use that can literally freeze opponents dead. I should know i do it all the time.

Remember this Key word = Off Balance.

9. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Pretty sure most posters realize combos, regardless of characters, don't come for free. But it's good know them in the proper situation.

And spotting stance is just part of the territory with some of these combos. Some go for them, some don't, but don't write them off if you happen to not go for them.

10. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

True indeed. That why most of the big combos with jacky comes against lighter characters. Most of the time My combos work regardless of foot.I mainly just break my opponents down with attack the leave me at a frame advantage becausemost opponent love to just try and interupt under pressure.

11. scytherage

scytherage Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I'm an absolute beginner when it comes to playing VF5. I started on VF years ago with VF1 and VF2 but when I played those games I usually just fought against AI since i played on the Saturn. Today it's even more fun because of the online play.

This site has been quite informative to me. I'm just now getting used to the 'language' being used in the site for discussing fight tactics ('nitaku', ETEG etc etc) so bear with me a bit.

The combos listed for Jacky in the wiki, I've been able to pull them off in the Dojo, but in real fights some of them are hard to do. I guess it just takes some more practice. In particular, the combos which start out with the high angle kick; I find them difficult to pull off in actual play because the high angle kick takes 'too long' to execute. The high angle kick is /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. By the time I press the second /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif the opponent already knows what's coming so the high angle kick becomes a bit useless and gets blocked. Also, the high angle kick is a bit slow when it animates, opening me up for a counter attack, which is why I could never figure out when or where to apply the move in different situations. As the wiki points out, however, Jacky's elbow is really useful because it can lead into several attacks. That information has really helped me improve against various types of characters.

In my little experience playing online for VF5, my favorite move for Jacky is the beat knuckle. Here's the combo I've been using a lot online, and even against expert AI it works most of the time.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif-->/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

Sometimes after the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, the opponent ends up floating so /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif ends up as a combo that can't be blocked. I think that happens when the enemy tries to counter attack after the first /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif . The last /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif hits even if the enemy is on the ground already (for the split second that the enemy's head is above the ground, the last /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif connects even if it is a HIGH hit. You'll hear the sound of a hit to confirm that damage has been done)

I've tried using /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif as an alternative attack to start with but I found that the last /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif drops the enemy too quickly to the ground, so /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif doesn't hit as often.

Another combo which can be useful after the enemy gets up:

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif-->/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

It's a Stepping Middle Kick followed with Dragon Combination 3. If the Middle kick connects close enough, the enemy is 'floating' so the dragon combination becomes an unblockable series of hits.

One more combo that works (but it isn't really a combo....it just looks cool when you're able to do everything right.):

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif-->/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (during hit) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

I really love it when I'm able to do this one right, it doesn't always connect because I find it hard to pull off the Rage of Dragons move. The timing of when to press /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif at the end is really hard to nail. Also, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is really slow and is easily countered at times so I find it really risky. The payoff is great, though, when you do end up successful in doing the series of moves.

If you're an expert with throws, the following seems possible: One Inch Blow ~ Switch Back Blow to Rage of Dragons:

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif-->/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif(during hit)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

I could only pull this off in the Dojo, though. I guess I need more practice with throws. After the One Inch Blow ~ Switch Back Blow, the enemy is a bit staggered (but not down), so /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif can hit and lead to Rage of Dragons.

So there, those are some tactics that I've found. They're not perfect and can be countered if you abuse them and use them over and over, so they're best mixed up with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (towards other strings/series of attacks)

In my online matches I've found that the hardest opponent seems to be either Vanessa or Wolf. Also, one of Jacky's weaknesses seems to be the lack of a good series of low attacks. Some characters attack primarily from low (Lion, especially).

12. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    PKG switches the position on jacky from front to back.. is there a reason besides being flashy... why u would use this?? the only reason i would imagine to use it.. is for catching tech rollers with 46 KG to different sides...since 46KG only catches 1 direction teching...

13. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

That's part of it, making it so half spinnings hit or full spinnings hit a certain direction. It was more important in the other games but it's still beneficial for getting maximum damage in some situations.

14. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    "beneficial for getting maximum damage in some situations. " can u give me some examples of these situations
    thnks for the quick replay btw

15. quash

quash Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SuperVernier
    XBL:
    GUILTY GAIJIN
    try /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif in both stances.

notice how the second hit of double dragon connects in one but not the other?

16. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Jackys combos are often stance-specific. Especially his maxdamage combos are usually possible only from one stance.

17. MADortiz

MADortiz Member

What are Jacky's best moves? I'm noticing that some moves aren't all that effective. Usually quick, short moves are good in this game. Like 2P, 4PK, 46K+G, PK, P4K, P+K,P, P+K,K, 4P2K, 26P, stuff like that. Can I get a list from experienced players?

18. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Generally you should try to get advantage first with either poking your opponent with fast moves like [P] or [6][P], or block/evade some opponents move. When you have advantage you can try to hit with slower launchers such as [P]+[K][P] or [3][3][K] and combo from there. Mixing up attacks with throws is important in VF.

You can also try to pressure your opponent enough with fast strings until they are conditioned to block, then you can throw.
    Jacky has numerous different ways to keep pressure on the opponent. In VF there isnt a single correct way of playing.

[P]
    [2][P]
    [P][P][6][P]
    [6][P]
    [6][P][P][8][P]+[K]+[G][P] -> throw
    [P][P][6][P][P][8][P]+[K]+[G] ([P][P])
    [4][P][1][P]
    [4][P] delay [P]
    [6][P]+[K][4]
    [P][K]
    [6][P][P][P]+[K]
    To name few of his strings..

From mid range:
    [3][K]
    [3][K][P][8][P]+[K]+[G]
    [​IMG][3][P]

Jacky has decent long range game too. [4][K]+[G] knocks down from pretty good distance and is safe on block.

[4][6][K]+[G] is a great move to punish opponents that spam evade, as it cant be evaded or ducked.

Some extremely simple combos:
    [4][K]+[G] -> [P] -> [9][K]+[G]
    counterhit [P]+[K][P] -> [7][K]+[G]
    [3][3][K] -> [P] -> [P]+[K][K]
    [4][P][P] (counterhit on second hit) -> [K][P][K]
    [​IMG][3][P] -> [1][P][K]

For more information explore the combolists from site menu and check out the VFwiki.

Somebody else continue from here or correct me :p

19. MADortiz

MADortiz Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you. The game's making a lil' bit more sense. I've been watching Yosuke videos to get a better understanding of how to play Jacky better but more than half the time I have no idea what is going on being as I'm new to the game and can't distinguish immediately what moves are being done. Mind telling me some other great Jacky and Pai players to look up?

20. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    MASK
    or go search ogikage on youtube and look for jacky clips.