1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 PS3 Exclusive

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, May 8, 2006.

By Myke on May 8, 2006 at 7:40 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [​IMG]

Virtua Fighter 5 has been announced as a PlayStation 3 exclusive, due out in North America in Spring 2007!

Virtua Fighter 5 Announced for PS3
    We'll cut to the chase: Virtua Fighter 5 is coming home, and it's coming exclusively to the PlayStation 3 in the Spring of 2007, and we couldn't be happier. -- 1up.com

E3 06: Virtua Fighter 5 to beat on PS3 exclusively
    Today, Sega announced that Virtua Fighter 5 is indeed coming to a next-generation console ... but not the Xbox 360. The game will be exclusive to the PlayStation 3 when it is released in North America in Spring 2007. -- gamespot.com

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, May 8, 2006.

1. ukiraros
      ukiraros
      Holy smokes, thank you for showing us the news about VF5 going to the PS3. It wasn't much of surprised but I was a bit worried though hearing about the Xbox 360 rumors.
    2. Hopkins
      Hopkins
      No surprise there then! The only risk now is whether we see the game within the next two years /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    3. Kratos
      Kratos
      Wow !

Spring 2007 is coming soon. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    4. Shaka999jp
      Shaka999jp
      Sure, no surprise.
      Sorry for PlayStation fans, but this PS3 screens sucks!
      Shame on you, Sony. This is the real power of the "CELL" processor? lol
    5. Heta_Akira
      Heta_Akira
      I am not sure if I should be so happy...

The Virtua Fighter series is well known for its balance and fine tuning. This is the result of different versions that come out during the game life cycle.

VF4, VF4 v.A, VF4 v.B, VF4 v.C
      VF4E, VF4E v.A, VF4E v.B
      VF4FT, VF4FT v.A, VF4FT v.B

The real advantage having an arcade fighting game at home (at least with VF) is that the game will be debugged at the arcade and later you will get the final version of the game. The one that everyone will be playing.

Just think of the disaster that happened with Soul Calibur III. On console, American, European and Japanese have many differences between them and the arcade (that came last) is different from all the others.

It just give the creeps to think that we could be with a VF5 that in less than a year would be obsolete or worst with a big balance problem.

But...

There is hope!!
      If Sega provides with updates to the VF5 game (online or disk based), giving us access to the same version that the current arcade, then I got nothing to worry and I will also jump to the celebration wagon.

In the mean time, I am hoping for the best.

Please forgive my English.
    6. Darrius_Cole
      Darrius_Cole
      This abolishes all doubt

This abolishes all doubt; I will get a PS3 on release day. So that I can get VF5 on release day.

I did not expect to see in come out so soon. I guess Sega decided not to let Namco have the home console market without any real competition. By releasing so soon in the PS3's lifecycle all console gamers will have to make a Tekken or VF decision. This actually is the biggest possible step in increasing the VF user-base.
    7. tonyfamilia
      tonyfamilia
      Re: This abolishes all doubt

But wouldnt VF5 debuting on XBOX360 and PS3 gurantee even more added to to it's fanbase?
    8. nobody
      nobody
      There are no PS3 screens yet.
      You're bashing the arcade version.
    9. Griever
      Griever
      Great news! /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif Maybe one year from now we will be looking at a new VF5 character info board on the left side of the main page /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif
      Imagine.....They could work some more and add Taka to the PS3 version.....just a thought.
    10. pinking
      pinking
      Man, I don't beleive this! What have SEGA got against the 360? Why on earth will they not release VF5 on it?

Does it not have the power? The online capabilities? The fanbase? Or are they just thinking about asia?

I'm baffled at why they won't release it on both the consoles. I mean, surley they can't just be thinking about competing with Tekken, can they?

I'm very dissapointed about this decision from SEGA! /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif
    11. UmonDaisuke
    12. UmonDaisuke
      UmonDaisuke
      [ QUOTE ]
      pinking said:

Man, I don't beleive this! What have SEGA got against the 360? Why on earth will they not release VF5 on it?

. I mean, surley they can't just be thinking about competing with Tekken, can they?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I wouldn't take it personally. Japan is stil VF land where everything else takes a backseat, and PS2 VF4 sales were the highest there. Sure, the game sold competently in the west, but it's still not on par with other fighter sales. The 360 isn't doing so hot in Japan; also, I wouldn't rule out Sony securing VF5 so that's another thing to consider.

Going by interviews with Tekken team leads, neither them or the VF team competes with one another. In fact, they're apparenlty "chummy" and attend events together.
    13. Kratos
      Kratos
      Well, im hoping Sega will update VF5 on the P3 hub online for more content.

/versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    14. Cuz
      Cuz
      [ QUOTE ]
      pinking said:

Does it not have the power? The online capabilities? The fanbase? Or are they just thinking about asia?

I'm baffled at why they won't release it on both the consoles. I mean, surley they can't just be thinking about competing with Tekken, can they?

I'm very dissapointed about this decision from SEGA! /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

1- They have other games coming for 360.
      2- There won't be any online fights, so moot point.
      3- Considering they've never released a VF game on any MSoft console there fan base is zero.
      4- You do realise that the PS2 sold a whack load of copies, and get this, not just in asia right?
    15. Sudden_Death
      Sudden_Death
      can we confirm that those screens are indeed of the PS3 version?? im wiling to bet they are not
    16. UmonDaisuke
      UmonDaisuke
    17. Narkster
      Narkster
      BAH! Now I have to buy another console because Sega cant stay in one spot. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    18. PhoenixDth
      PhoenixDth
      "press" kit
      I am also willing to gamble to say its not the PS3 screenshots.
    19. pinking
      pinking
      [ QUOTE ]
      Cuz said:

[ QUOTE ]
      pinking said:

[/ QUOTE ]

1- They have other games coming for 360.
      2- There won't be any online fights, so moot point.
      3- Considering they've never released a VF game on any MSoft console there fan base is zero.
      4- You do realise that the PS2 sold a whack load of copies, and get this, not just in asia right?

[/ QUOTE ]

1-Yes they do. But there is only ONE VF!
      2-Are you positive there wont be any online fights? Sony are looking to boost online play in anyway they can. So it still could be a maybe..
      3-Are there any people here who have purchased a certain console for the sake of a game? I think Halo 1 owners may agree.
      4-Your answer to point 4 answers the above (3)..