1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Ver.C El Blaze Command List

Discussion in 'El Blaze' started by Myke, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    VF5 Ver.C El Blaze Command List

The Xbox 360 port is based on Version C.

The summary of Ver.C changes, from akai's thread:

Blaze
    X | /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif | ??When attack is guarded, distance between fighter’s not as long??
    O | /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif | ??Normal hit slams opponent??
    O | (opponent crouch) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif | +18 on Hit
    X | (rocket discharge) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif | ??On guard, nothing is guaranteed??

O = change applies to command list data
    X = change does not apply to command list data

If you find any corrections, or wish to discuss the command list, then post in this thread.

2. Dovieandi

Dovieandi Active Member

What exactly does the RD low kick one saying? If you mean it isn't punishable, I believe it is.

3. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

A semi important important note on El Blaze movelist.
    After being hit by countless bacturned K+G while trying to dodge, I did some testing with a friend and then training mode, and BT K+G is indeed semi-circular and must be dodged to Blaze stomach side.
    I looked in the black book it's noted as linear, so it's not a typo from here, but more a mistake on their part.

4. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

You could Low Throw him, but if you try to attack, El Blaze could easily sidestep any attack, except circular ones of course.

5. KtotheG

KtotheG Well-Known Member

what? how can you sidestep a 15frame mid for example, when you are at -16 frames?

6. ShinobiFist

I'm not a frame expert like most of the folks here, but every time I get that low drop kick block, and my opponent attacks back, I easily sidestep the the attack. Jerky, try to attack with Jacky's elbow and I easily sidestep it. There was a time that I was playing, Oioron and he said"Bullshot!" Mind you, this was all during online play, so that could be a determining factor. That low drop kick has some weird properties as well(I've seen strage things happen, offline and online)
    I'm going to test this on Dojo mode. I've should of done that before I've posted the previous entry.
    UPDATEOkay, tested this against Jacky and Kage, in Dojo Mode(Guard and Couterattack 3, CPU crouching) Frame data(Quite obvious) Doesn't LIE. I've looked at the replays, and notice something off, the elbow is not coming out right away(Unlike the CPU). Instead, you see them stand up first, then elbow.

7. KtotheG

KtotheG Well-Known Member

only takes 3 frames of delay to make it nonpunishable by elbow, 5 frames to give no guaranteed counter.

8. ShinobiFist

I updated the previous one, it makes sense now. thanks for the clarification.

9. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Thanks Chibitox, confirmed and move list updated. 2 down....

10. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

blaze's P+K+G (sabaki) - it doesnt seem to mention what class it sabakis in the moveslist.

so far i get high P and i think high K, but no mid punch or elbow.. my knowlege is limited because i have no playback in training mode.

do you know exactly what it can sabaki?

thank you.

EDIT: -- P+K+G -P in the moveslist is listed as a Low attack :p

11. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    Sabaki info was accidentally (?) put into his fake roll (180/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif). Sabaki versus HP and HK. Sabaki occurs at frames 1-15.

The movelist doesn't say what frame advantage you have after a successful sabaki either. I don't know myself, but suffice to say that after a successful HP sabaki you have /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif guaranteed, and after a successful HK sabaki you have /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif>/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif guaranteed.

Needless to say, the followups to the sabaki are also guaranteed~

12. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

firstly, i'd like to apologize for posting in the wrong thread, i was meant to put this in the commands list thread >__<

- i didnt know about those garanteed hits during sabaki, cheers for that -- but the trouble with this sabaki is that it's not ideal at disadvantage like most sabakis which are intended for mid attacks..

i dont really get how to use this one, seems like raw yomi, or just *being flashy against reverse nitaku* --

regardless, blaze has many crazy tools, so it's all good /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

13. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    personally, i use it when people do mid-high strings. Its fast execution time lets it work as long as your reflexes are fast enough, and you know your opponent and his character's strings well enough.
    Good examples are Sarah's Flamingo stance, Jacky's who use delayed /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, Kage's that spam /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, Lau's that love PPP strings or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, Shun's that throw out /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif predictably... the list is endless.
    If you use the move like this, as well as delaying the follow-up attacks and mixing in with some 0 frame madness, you can see why I feel that this move is very important for Blaze. His /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif hits mid, is half-circular, leads to the hit throw on normal hit, and is -6 on block.

14. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

i can see how it can be convenient to gain free advanage off strings. however keeping in mind that if you can read the string equally well, and duck under the high, then you generally get a higher reward than +14 in most cases.

but eh, it is what it is. ¬¬ use it, abuse it.

15. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Legend says it's +6 on normalhit which it clearly is not

16. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    ...and this. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

17. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    typo, corrected thanks for the second reminder /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif .

18. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    I was trying to find the Blaze attack that crumples on stagger hit used in every combo vid and Seidon told me it's [4] [6] [P] [+] [K] so maybe we could add that info to the command list? The other character i know that has a similar attack (Wolf) has his attack that crumples on stagger hit mentioned in his command list.

Also, there's a mention of Blaze's BT [8] [K] being a "tataki" but i couldn't find any information about in the legend what "tataki" means, maybe it's time to add that info?

BTW [3] [P] and [3] [K] should probably be marked "crouch stagger" right?

19. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Tataki means slam. Since it already notes "slam" in the hit/CH columns I'll remove this note.

As for moves crumpling on stagger hit, I think in most cases (if not all?) a move that crumples on CH will also crumple during a stagger hit. Blaze's [4][6][P][+][K] is an example of this.

Wolf's [6][P] is an example of a move that doesn't crumple on CH, and hence the note is made as it's more of an exception.

20. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    That makes sense x2, thank you for taking the time to answer me [​IMG]