1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Ver.C Goh Command List

Discussion in 'Goh' started by Myke, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

I think Goh's Kumiteharai P+K is incorrectly classified in the command list. It is no sabaki but an inashi. Sabakis are <u>attacks</u> (see Goh's 3P+K) that hit and damage the opponent even if the parry didn't connect. Inashis don't do that because they are simply <u>moves</u> with deflection properties if they connect, or a whiff animation (at best) if they don't.

Now, Goh's Kumiteharai P+K move doesn't hit the opponent in any way.

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    From: http://virtuafighter.com/wiki/doku.php?id=vf5:system_part_2#sabaki

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A Sabaki is a regular attack or motion with attack-deflection properties.

Sabaki can be further classified as two types:

1. Sabaki-attack: as the name suggests, is a regular attack with attack-deflection properties. On its own it can be used just like any other attack.
    2. Sabaki-reversal: are motions which will reverse an opponents attack, usually with no damage.
    Some Sabaki-reversals, when successful, allow for a continuation attack. An example is Goh's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif ...
    </div></div>

3. Leonard_McCoy

4. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    Ok, what is Inashi then (What difference between Kumite-harai as Sabaki and Aoi's 4P+K+G as Inashi? -I don't get it, and fully agree with Leonard)?

5. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The main difference is that the sabaki always completes its motion the same way, in full, regardless of the success/failure. The inashi only completes its motion when it is successful.

6. Leonard_McCoy

Thanks, Myke, for taking the time to elaborate more on that. I think the description in the glossary (that I was referring to) is a bit misleading for it's a bit imprecise. Your clarification, though, was completely enlightening.

7. jonasg33k

jonasg33k Active Member

so /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is not a sabaki but an inashi ?

8. Leonard_McCoy

LOL - a classic.

Nope, 3P+K is a sabaki. It even animates (and hits) if the sabaki doesn't connect to a parry.

9. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    You're welcome. I'll revisit the Glossary definitions soon in the hopes of making their differences a little more clearer.

10. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Ive not heard the term "inashi" used in a long time...

11. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

- /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif crouch stagger
    - /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif crouch stagger

- /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif slam / flop on hit and counter

- Wallbreak mentioned in /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif; /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif; /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

- Also old "slam on recovery counter hit" on /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif although it slams on any hit anyway

- /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif Old "Low throw guaranteed on MC" text. Not sure if this is really necessary or in union (or something) with the other datas since there's usually no mention of guaranteed throw on +12 moves. As far as I know you even have to do dash 0-frame throw to make this one work anyway.

- /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif +13 on sabaki (I think)

- /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif does not have super replay
    - BT /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif has super replay
    - /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif super replay on sabaki only

- BT /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif on hit "down"

- Again old info in notes section: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif sabaki definately does not give +11 - +25. It's barely possible to get /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif to hit afterwards and I couldn't get /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif to hit so +14 should be the best possible advantage (like it says in the "guard" column. Possibly could add a "+" in front of it to clear it up).

- /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif has "0" and "down" in wrong columns

12. Leonard_McCoy

I think the advantage depends on the stance here. Open stance allows for a throw (with a dash-in), closed only for a punch startup.

13. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Both stances allow a dash-in for a 0-frame throw.

14. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

You get guaranteed 0-frame throw from both and then there's the old stance specific sabaki -> throw without delays, but the advantage should be the same for both (and I would think it would be the old Evo +13 since there has been no reason to change it).

15. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    I just noticed that in Goh's tsukami section there are small [5] between each arrow [​IMG] So i thought i'd bump Combolammas list of additions by asking if that's done on purpose.

PS: I also noticed that i when i meantioned "head stagger" in my last post akai understood i meant "head crumple" [​IMG]

PS#2: And i also realized that i'm probably to blame for unclear differentiation between sabaki and inashi in the glossary [​IMG]

16. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Corrections made to Goh's Ver.B and Ver.C command lists.

This is how it is presented in the Black Book, and -- I'm no Goh player but I think -- it indicates that two consecutive directional inputs cannot be buffered too fast like you would a normal throw. The second input must occur during the first's animation, or something like that.

17. Leonard_McCoy

As far as I recall, for those more elaborate Tsukami Grabs with two directions, you have to return the stick to neutral after the first input before registering a second direction to pull off the more damaging Tsukami Grab throws.