1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Ver.C Vanessa Combos

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by Myke, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    VF5 Ver.C Vanessa Combos

The Xbox 360 port is based on Version C.

If you have any corrections or additions then please post in this thread.

<span style='font-size: 8pt'>More information about the VFDC Combo lists can be found in the VF5 Combo Lists announcement.</span>

2. Low_Sweep

Low_Sweep Well-Known Member

I clicked and "No records found" came up for vanessa and shun. Jeffery only had 1 combo listed also.

3. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Yup, seems like no records. I recall sebo recently went on a wiki binge so he's probably spent, is there another vane wiki contributor besides him we could kindly ask to migrate the info?

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Yeah, forgot to add that I didn't get around to migrating all the black book combos for every character.

5. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    What do you have to do to earn the right to edit/add to the combo list?

6. BLACKLAC

BLACKLAC Well-Known Member

how come myke is so good to the community?

must be because he is Australian? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

thanks again

7. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    Just ask myke for wiki / combo list access.

I'll work on vane combos if I have some free time, but that's few and far between these days.

8. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

On request from Konjou

<span style="font-size: 26pt">VANESSA B'N'B COMBOS
    PART 1: DEFENSIVE STANCE
    </span>

Stomach Crumbles ( [P][3][P], [G][2] or [8][P], [4][4][K]+[G] )

1. [P]+[K][P] > [P][P][P]+[K]+[G]
    2. [P] > [6][P][K][K]
    3. [P] > [P]+[K][P]+[K]+[G]
    4. [P] > [6][6][P][P]

Combo 1 works only with CH [P][3][P] is best damage for Lightweights, Brad, Lei Fei, Shun, Lion and Lau in both stances, on Blaze, Jacky in Closed Stance only. For Blaze (Open Stance), Jacky (Open Stance), Kage, Akira, Wolf and Jeffry, use Combo 2.

For all other stomach crumbles I recommend Combos 3 and 4 which are the best combinations of damage and okizeme potential. They do equal damage, the only difference is that Combo 3 switches to OS while Combo 4 remains in DS. Combo 4 also works on all characters, while Combo 3 works on everyone but heavyweights.

Combo 2 is the max damage combo and can be used on all lightweights and middleweights yet okizeme is IMO not as good.

Note: After the stomach crumble you have to delay the standing [P] to get the correct float, will be a bit tricky at first. You can also use [2][P] to refloat but won't grant the same combo potential.

Head collapse ( [3][P]+[K], [P]+[K][P], [G][3] or [9][P], BT [P]+[K] )

Use Combo 1 on all characters

Slams ( [8][K], [6][P]+[K][P], [6][K]+[G], [4][6][P]+[K] )

5. [P] > [​IMG][3][P][P]+[K]+[G]
    6. [P] > [6][P][3][K]

Combo 3 will generally work when the move ends in open stance while Combo 5 will work irregardless of stance (this combo generally works well as when-in-doubt combo on everything), depending on the move you can sometimes do Combo 3 in both stances.

Combo 6 can be used on lightweights instead if you wish to remain in DS.

Heavyweights can exact recover all combos so all you get is a heavy down...

9. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    good job!

10. Jeneric

<span style="font-size: 26pt">VANESSA B'N'B COMBOS
    PART 2: OFFENSIVE STANCE
    </span>

Slams ( [6][P]+[K], [4][3][P]+[K], [6][K]+[G], [2][K][P] )

1. [2][P] > [P]+[K][P]
    2. [2][P] > [3][K][K]
    3. [2][P] > [4][3][P]+[K] > [P][K]
    4. [4][6][P][P][P][K]
    5. [P][K]

On lightweights and middleweights Combo 1 will work when the move ends in Open Stance and Combo 2 when the move ends in Closed Stance.

On some lightweights (range dependent) and Akira you can do combo 2 in both stances.

Combo 3 works on Lion only when the move ends in open stance. Combo 4 works on Lau and Jacky in Open Stance only. Combo 5 is for Wolf and Jeffry in open stance, it also inconsistently works in closed stance. Otherwise you'll have to settle for a heavy down attack...

Stomach Crumbles ( [P][3][P], [4][4][K]+[G], [4][1][2][3][6][P] fully charged, [K][P] )

6. [2][P] > [3][K][P][P][P]+[K]+[G]

Combo 6 works on all characters

Float combos ( [9][K]+[G], [3][P], [3][P]+[K], Intruder Step [P][P]+[K]+[G], Intruder Step [P]+[K] )

7. [6][P][P]+[K]+[G] > [3][K]
    8. [6][P][P]+[K]+[G] > [P]+[K][P]+[K]+[G]
    9. [6][K][K][P][P]
    10 [6][K][K][P][P]+[K]+[G]
    11. [6][P][P][K]
    12. [3][K][K]
    13. [P][K][P]
    14. DS [P] > [P]+[K][P]+[K]+[G]

Let's start with the HAWK knee combos. Combo 7 is the best all around normal hit combo for lightweights and middleweights, very consistent and you should pretty much always use this when punishing things with the knee. Combo 8 is best lightweight combo on counterhit. Combo 9 works on almost all characters on counterhit and grants same damage as combo 8. Switch to combo 10 for Jacky and Akira in Closed Stance. Combo 11 is for heavyweights in both stances on counter hit, on normal hit it will hit Open Stance only, Combo 12 is for Closed Stance.

[9][P] (and it's twin Intruder Step [P]+[K] ) grants combo 9 on counter hit on lightweight, otherwise do combo 7 on lightweights on normal hit and middleweights.
    For counter hit launching [3][P] and the less used [3][P]+[K], use combo 7. On middleweights you generally have to do combo 13 in open stance, on Lion and above use Combo 13 in both stances.

If you hit Intruder Step [P][P]+[K]+[G] do Combo 14

Note: When using DS [3][K] to finish combos, to avoid losing frames on the kick due to it's charging properties, double tap the K button to get it out as fast as possible.

Flop ( Intruder Step [P] )

15. [4][6][P]+[K][P]

That's it.

Chin Crumble ( WS [K])

16. [3][K][P]+[K]+[G]
    17. [4][K]+[G] [P]+[G]
    18. [9][K]+[G] > [3][K][K]
    19. [9][K]+[G] > [2][K][P][P]+[K]+[G]

Combo 16 is what you will mainly use on all characters. Combo 17 works on Jeffry in open stance but is difficult to connect. Combo 18 works on Eileen, Sarah, Vanessa and Lion in Open stance only. Combo 19 works on Brad, Lau and Jacky in Open Stance only. It needs to be said that [9][K]+[G] has a very flukey hitbox and these combos won't always connect. But when they do the damage is MASSIVE.

Leg Collape ( [4][1][2][3][6][P][​IMG] )

20. [2][K][P][P]+[K]+[G]
    21. WS [P] > [2][P] > [3][P]+[K][K] > (down attack)

Combo 20 generally works on everyone, requires strict timing sometimes. Combo 21 is sick combo maniacs version that I've gotten to work on Lau only so far, need to test this completely some day.

Head collapse ( [6_][K], BT [P]+[K] )

22. [4][3][P]+[K] > [P][K][P]
    23. [4][3][P]+[K] > [6][P][P][K]
    24. [4][3][P]+[K] > [4][6][P][P][P][K]

Combo 22 works on all characters and is best all around combo. Combo 23 is for lightweights but only does 2 more dmg and has lesser okizeme IMO. Combo 24 works on Eileen, Sarah, Vanessa and generally most middleweights and also does 2 more damage then Combo 22 while retaining good okizeme potential.

11. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Thats great stuff. I'll be using a lot of that. Just wish Van had more against the heavyweights.

12. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    A most excellent compilation Jeneric (y)

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  13. Jeneric

Thanks, corrected it.

14. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Awesome man! Printing these right now... thank you very much. I'll be memorizing them starting this week.

LOL @ B.N.B [​IMG]

15. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Jeneric, do you have access to the combo database? If you don't, I will edit the database next week or so.

16. Jeneric

Yeah, Myke just gave me access. So I'll add these (and more!) soon.

17. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Awesome, thanks for the contributions.

18. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    Hi do u guys know how to sober shun after ko after 3k, it says 4p into kg. I think it works if theres a wall. In def and off thnks. I doubt she can take off 4dp. U guys know 3dp loss without wall nearby ty.

19. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Does OS k+g > b,f+p,p,p connect? If it does it should take off 4 DP. Otherwise it might connect after f+p+k for 3DP.

DS looks kinda screwed though :(

Last edited: May 8, 2015