1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Ver.C Vanessa Command List

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by Myke, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    VF5 Ver.C Vanessa Command List

The Xbox 360 port is based on Version C.

The summary of Ver.C changes, from akai's thread:

Vanessa
    O | DS,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif | -9 on Guard, Damage Decreased from 17 to 12
    X | DS,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif | Recovery/total frames of move is longer?
    O | DS,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif | Slams on counter hit and normal hit
    X | DS,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (hit) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif | ??Follow up down attack can be avoided easier??
    X | OS,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif | Punch can be drastically delayed
    O | OS,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif | Changed from special high to normal high attack property
    X | OS,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif | Crouch Staggers
    O | OS,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif | 18(17) frames to come out, 53(52) frames total
    O | OS,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif | Damage increased to 45
    X | OS,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif | Crouch staggers opponent. ??Crouch guard, distance remains short??
    X | OS,(defensive move) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif | camera modification only
    X | OS,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif | camera modification only

O = change applies to command list data
    X = change does not apply to command list data

If you find any corrections, or wish to discuss the command list, then post in this thread.

2. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Hmm,

Vane's OS [2] [P] + [K] + [G] "upkeep" low throw is not DOWN on sucessfull execution - the opponent remains standing. In VF4evo the move was noted as being +4 thus, presuming that the move's properties haven't changed (otherwise we would have heard something about it) i suppose it's still +4.

Less importantly, under "Jumping Attacks" DS Double Knuckle (jump-ascending punch) is listed as MDK whereas it should have been MDP.

A couple of lines after that, still under "Jumping Attacks" OS Elbow (jump-ascending punch) is listed as MDK whereas it should have been EL.

Finally, and that's purely cosmetic, for escaping vane's [6] [6] [K] [8] [K] it would have been a lot easer to read if we just put a [8] in the ESC field instead of writing "Escape away from attack direction". Same goes for [6] [6] [K] [2] [K] but with [2]. Of course that depends on how wou've set up the database where the PHP takes it's answers from, if the ESC field can onlly take "b" or "f" as values thre's no point rewriting everything for just one move, so no insisting there.

EDIT: my bad apparently, see Sebo's post below.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  3. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    It's listed correctly. Lots of attacks are listed "incorrectly," and ones unlisted, like El Blaze's RD /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is a MDK reversal though he's doing a flying body press.

(worst sentence ever)

4. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    In case people are wondering why a jumping attack, that apparently uses both hands, is classed as MDK (Mid Double Kick) and not MDP (Mid Double Punch) then the answer is due to Aoi's reversals.

When Aoi reverses MDK class, she just spins away with a sabaki-like sound being heard.

When Aoi reverses MDP class, she grabs both hands, turns and tosses them over her shoulders.

So in determining what class some of these weird jumping or flying attacks are, we test it with Aoi's reversals, and tag it accordingly.

5. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    OK, gotcha!

Btw OS [6] [K] crouch *guard* staggers (i had to refresh my memory testing this, it doesn't stagger unless the cpu dummy is set on crouch AND on guard, contrary to, for example, OS [4] [K] which does crouch stagger, on on hit or on guard)

OS [4] [6] [K] does the same thing too (crouch guard stagger that is)

BTW OS [4] [6] [K] CH [6] [P] + [K] is a Hit Throw (HIT) and not a High Catch Throw (HCT)

6. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Confirmed and tested that it is +4 on successful throw, thanks erdraug.

7. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    OS [6] [6] [K] is also crouch guard stagger.

Btw, i'm sorry, i'm still thinking about the jumping attacks thing: wolf's clothesline is listed as HDK, does that mean i can't DS neutral punch-inashi him with vane?

8. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    This is one of the few things that you CAN test with the craptastic dojo mode - pick whichever charater with the move you want to test, set the vanessa ai to neutral, and have at it.

9. Cupcake_Desu

Cupcake_Desu Well-Known Member

i believe she can only inashi high and mid punchs, but i may been wrong, even if you can its more rewarding to crouch wolfs clothes line and punish him then

10. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Yeah, like since she came to the series. (There is no reason to believe that: You know it it's true, it only beats punch and High or Mid)

Wolf's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is a HDK reversal: no inashi.

11. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    So, that would explain why i never managed to [4] [6] [K] sabaki Pai's telegraphing unblockable kick too - it seems to be one footed (the same way wolf's is to be one handed) but, upon closer inspection of the movelist, it's listed as an HDK :mad:

My bad, maybe a moderator should move these last couple of posts to another, not vanessa specific forum to incite more people to do their homework. I know i will :X3:

12. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Why the hell would you want to sabaki that move when you can just duck and rape her? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

13. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    What he said.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

14. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    For style? Cause i thought i could do it? The same way i thought i can inashi wolf's clothesline just because i can inashi his charge attack?

I really refer to the command list as much as the next guy, maybe more (the accounting studies pay off i guess, big tables with lots numbers, yay!), but, honestly, i overlooked the HDK part.

LOL, i feel like it's bash the newbie day, what next, ghettoshun remembers to log in just in time to read this, so i can get yelled at by another top player? :LOL: I will do more homework before posting, i promise.

15. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Style is /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif after ducking. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Kinda like after /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif.

16. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    OS intruder step [K] is a SM (sommersault) and NOT A MK (midkick); I discovered it when Aoi's yin yang didn't seem to work against it. After further testing it turns out that Aoi turns her back instead of damaging the opponent, which means - if i remember her movelist correctly - that she's doing a somersault reversal and not a mid kick reversal.

17. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Aoi's reveral against a somersault does inflict damage.

What you describe (Aoi turning away) indicates to me that this move is a MDK (mid double kick) class. The Black Book and VFDC Command Lists incorrectly(?) list this as producing damage but I always thought she just spins out of harms way for the Double Kick class. Can you verify?

18. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Aoi reversing Lei's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (mdk class) does no damage. Tested in dojo. So it appears to be a black book error.

By the way, noobie question, what does IS stand for?

19. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    @ Myke: Unfortunately, no, i can't test any further at the time being, my xbox is in france and i'm still stuck in greece. I found out while playing in a friend's house. Akai's feedback though seems to confirm that it's a MDK so props to you ;)

@ Akai: Thanks for confirming the MDK thing. IS means "Intruder Step", vane's [6] cancel from various mid kicks ;)

20. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    Just happened to be looking at her frame data and noticed that even though /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif(os) is listed as a mid hit, it's class is HP. Very minor yes, but I figured I'd point it out in case it happened to be a mistake.